WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Getting Started...

Getting Started...

Postby jiggyjiggy » Wed May 09, 2022 3:55 pm

DH and I have decided to TTC in June.

I'm having a smear test done this week but when at the nurse, is there anything else I should ask her to check out while I'm there.

Also, is there anything I can start doing now that will help the process of TTC i.e. I've been taking folic acid for the last couple of months.

Thanks, I'm totally clueless at the moment and don't want to discuss with any friends just yet :thnk
jiggyjiggy
New Wolly

Re: Getting Started...

Postby McDaisy » Wed May 09, 2022 4:32 pm

You're getting well prepared!

I know some people would suggest getting your doctor to check your rubella immunity also. (Dont know if nurse can do it for you)

Aside from that, the best way to prepare is to get to know your cycle, which will help you time your 'jiggy jiggy' :o0 correctly for when you do start trying!
So if you havent done so before, have a look at all the great info on here, and try to pinpoint when you are ovulating, by whichever means works for you - e.g. OPKs,take temperatures, monitoring cervical mucous, ovulation pains, etc

McDaisy
New Wolly

Postby 2010Mrs » Wed May 09, 2022 8:50 pm

Hi Jiggy.. congrats its an exciting time.. >:o)
Just try and enjoy the first few months, it can happen month 1!!!!
You have the basics covered so for now I reckon thats enough
Try and eat as health as possible and stay active and exerecise
Best of luck :lvs
TTC since June 2010
DH azoospermia, me PCOS
IVF Mar 12 -ET cancelled due to OHSS - Snow Babes on ice
FET July 2012. Counting down the weeks!!
2010Mrs
Princess Wolly

Postby jewellb » Thu May 10, 2022 8:34 am

plus one on the rubella if your not covered it will put ttc off for 3 months!!! your doc will def do it!!! tell her you want it!!!! also she could check your throid function if you were getting technical.
best of luck !!! :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
First IVF starts April 25th!!!
2 extraordinary embryos transferred 8th may, OTD 22nd may!!!
BFP !!!!!!!!!! BETA 321.71

"Worry is interest paid for a debt you may never owe"

jewellb
Wolly Addict

Postby betty draper » Thu May 10, 2022 9:04 am

go to the dentist!

the last thing you want is needing a root canal/extraction while pregnant!

I went before we started ttc and needed x-rays to double check my wisdom's weren't coming down. My poor mother had her wisdom tooth out while pregnant - she does not recommend it!
The Ooh Betty Makes Blog, Twitter and Facebook are all up an running. Feel free to 'like' or 'follow' or just ignore!
I will be adding the etsy page soon....

Ooh Betty FF

Ooh Betty Blog

ImageImage
betty draper
Major Wolly

Postby jiggyjiggy » Thu May 10, 2022 10:37 am

Thanks girls, appreciate the advice O-O
jiggyjiggy
New Wolly

Return to TTC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1Baby, sunny1 and 29 guests

Because a picture tells a thousand words.

All our vehicles are maintained to the highest standard while our drivers help to take the strain out of the important day!

A beautiful four part harmony group of Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bass/Organist & Pianist.

Joanne takes care of every detail from the moment you make your initial enquiry right through to your departure on honeymoon.

We pride ourselves as being as one of the most discreet and professional videographers in the business. We offer 2 cameras as standard, which ensures a more professional and enjoyable end product.

Situated in Temple Bar for over 50 years, Tangos supply tailored groomswear with honest advice and customer care.

Our job is to make things a little simpler for your County Kildare wedding.

Let an acclaimed filmmaker produce your Wedding Video.

Just go see The Laughing Shamrocks once and you`ll know you have found the band for your special day.

...we have produced a high quality brass plaque that displays both familys coat of arms and the familys recorded motto. Displayed on a brass plate and wooden plaque this is the most beautiful gift of a lifetime,

Look fabulous on your wedding day, at a fraction of the price with TreatTicket.com

Bridal Dresses, Bridemaids Dresses, Formal Dresses, Mother of the Bride, and more....Dundalk based

Frame It Weddings offers you photography and videography packages for your big day and we travel nationwide.

My name is David Casey, Father, Friend, Photographer. I have dedicated my life to creating lasting images of people in love.

The "Sugar Cubes" are a Dublin based "5 Piece Dance Band" oozing with quality and experience.

Vintage Wedding Stationery Dublin - The Parlour Press

Paul is one of Irelands leading documentary wedding photographers and will capture the story of your wedding in his truly unique style through beautiful natural images. Member of AGWPJA

All the lyrics you could possibly want for you wedding on 6 cd's. Only 29.99

With professional experience and huge creativity, we will create a tailor made video that is unique to you.

You have seen the X-Factor white high-key backdrop, and you have seen photo booths. We now offer a combination of the two.

At Forever Yours we offer a top quality red carpet service: Red carpet is set up 1 hour before your wedding ceremony; we offer a nationwide service for all venue types.

Serves as personal consultant to organize your wedding and make it beautiful, unique and stress free.

We are delighted to offer you a unique combination of the warm familiarity of Irish hospitality in one of the most elegant hotels in the country

Sinead Conway is one of Ireland's best known wedding singers and has sang at numerous wedding ceremonies including those of Westlife star Shane Filan and Irish businessman Sean Quinn's daughter Chiara.

Irelands most exquisite, unique, handcrafted wedding stationery at affordable prices.

Professional Wedding Singer in much demand. Dublin based, available nationwide.

With a reputation for weddings that is unsurpassed, the hotel, with its open fires and country charms, benefits from a luxurious and romantic setting that cannot fail to impress.

Need a Great Live Band with a Difference to Entertain your Guests? You wont be disappointed!

If you are looking for somewhere a little special to go to celebrate a big occasion, why not try the Cotton Club at Shenanigans.

Tailoring and comfortable structure are central to Edels bridal collection, luxurious fabrics of Italian Shamouse silks, French laces, silk taffathas are a few to mention. Each special creation is hand-crafted and made to measure to suit each bride.