WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

A really stupid question re temping.

A really stupid question re temping.

Postby Positive2012 » Thu May 10, 2022 1:14 pm

Okay girls I have question re temping. Am i right in thinking a rise in body temperature means you are about to ovulate? Do you physically feel a rise in temperature or do you need to be checking with a thermometer? I feel stupid for asking but the reason i am is i am currently on CD14 and last night and today I am absolutely roasting. I mean my DH touched my leg in bed last night and jumped away with the heat off it. Does this mean anything or am i totally losing the idea of temping? Sorry for the stupid question.

Positive2012
Mini Wolly

Re: A really stupid question re temping.

Postby Madame bijoux » Thu May 10, 2022 1:30 pm

Hi there,

The rise in temp will happen after you ovulate. Progesterone is released after the egg is released and it's this hormone that causes the rise in temperature. So if you see the spike in temp it means you have ovulated. The temping method is really so that you know when you ovulate - that is, if you have a consistent pattern every month.

I never really feel the rise in temperature as it is your core (body) temp and not really your expernal temperature IYKWIM; but that's not to say that everyone will feel like that. Are you actually taking your temperature every morning?

If you are CD 14 you could try an OPK and that would tell you if you are about to ovulate. If you use the Clearblue ones, a smiley face will appear if you are about the ovulate.
Hope that helps xx
Madame bijoux
Mini Wolly

Postby Positive2012 » Thu May 10, 2022 1:53 pm

Hi MB, thanks for the response. I did an OPK on Tuesday evening and it was positive and did one last night and it was negative, did one this morning and it was slightly positive but not as dark as the control line so i don't know what's going on. I don't temp, i don't think i'd have the patience for it.

Positive2012
Mini Wolly

Postby Madame bijoux » Thu May 10, 2022 2:26 pm

Positive2012 wrote:Hi MB, thanks for the response. I did an OPK on Tuesday evening and it was positive and did one last night and it was negative, did one this morning and it was slightly positive but not as dark as the control line so i don't know what's going on. I don't temp, i don't think i'd have the patience for it.

Hmmmmm those OPKs are a bit strange but I would take the result from Tuesday meaning that you must have ovulated yesterday. I reckon if you have been DTD this week then you should be covered.

Lots of :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: to you x
Madame bijoux
Mini Wolly

Postby Positive2012 » Thu May 10, 2022 3:01 pm

Thanks a mil, same to you :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

Positive2012
Mini Wolly

Return to TTC

Who is online