WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

MooGoo...has anyone used any of their products

MooGoo...has anyone used any of their products

Postby MrsVanDeKamp » Thu May 10, 2022 7:23 pm

I saw these today in the chemist and had a nose as I knew I had heard the name mentioned in a good light before. They seem to do lots of lotions and potions for nappy rash etc. What caught my eye was a scalp cream and a shampoo both of which that claim to be good for cradle cap (which ds has) and sebhorric (sp) dermatitis (which I have). I contemplated buying it but decided against it at the moment as ds also has eczema and while they range is designed for use by the most sensitive of skins he has had reactions to products like this before so we tend to stick with LRP. Also it cost €15.95 so didn't want to fork out for it only to find it was no good or brought him out in a rash. Anyone have any feedback on this range? Good, bad or indifferent?

MrsVanDeKamp
Major Wolly

Re: MooGoo...has anyone used any of their products

Postby sunnygirl » Thu May 10, 2022 7:55 pm

I heard great things about moo goo so when our local chemist started stocking them i bought the shampoo, the eczema balm & udder cream. Found them useless. if anything they inflamed my eczema even more. LRP is miles better. DD2 has cradle cap & it did nothing for it (the shampoo that is. Didn't get scalp cream). In the end I rubbed olive oil on her scalp, left it 15 mins & the brushed it with a comb & shampooed with Dentinox & it disappeared!

sunnygirl
Wolly Addict

Postby valentine09 » Thu May 10, 2022 7:58 pm

I got the nappy balm and moisturiser and didnt find them any good for eczema. La roche posay Lipiquar or oilatum cream are the best.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

[/url]
valentine09
Major Wolly

Postby gillchan » Thu May 10, 2022 8:10 pm

Funny this, I was just about to post on this as an update on ezcema forum.

Opposite opinion here! DS has severe and aggressive seborrheic ezcema head to toe. We were absolutely tormented with it and needless to say so was he. We brought him to see Dr. Paul Carson in the Slievemore Clinic and were prescribed an incredibly detailed skin care plan that made use of 2 steroid creams and 2 anti fungal creams. As soon as we start watering down the creams (per the plan and eventually getting to 1/4 strength) it started getting bad again so I lost all hope. At that time my neighbour mentioned Moogoo products and picked up the Irritable Skin Balm for me. I was sceptical but the idea of ingredients with anti fungal ingredients appealed to me as the yeast on the skin is the trigger for seborrheic ezcema. Long story short I am super impressed. Now it's not gone completely but that horrible raw scalded look is gone. As soon as I put the cream on the redness goes too. DS has also stopped clawing at his little body so that makes me think that the itch has been greatly relieved. I use the Irritable Skin Balm morning and night and their MSM cream in the afternoon. This was on the the advise of one of their customer service agents. I emailed them cos the balm sells under the name Ezcema and Psoriasis Balm outside Europe.

Anyway I'm a total convert and have just bought their milk shampoo and anti ageing cream for me! Also tried La Roche Possay with no success.
gillchan
Mini Wolly

Postby janestar » Thu May 10, 2022 9:27 pm

Girls I got a hamper with moo goo for LO when she was born, didn't use it till she got a bit of cradle cap, tried everything and eventually remembered the hamper so used the shampoo, soap and scalp cream and it got rid of it in 24 hours! I too have bought the moisturiser for myself - it's fab!!!
janestar
New Wolly

Postby funkyfish » Thu May 10, 2022 9:41 pm

i got the moo goo nappy cream for DD's sore bottom it smells like damp dishcloth yuck, but works a treat.

funkyfish
Ultimate Wolly

Postby MrsVanDeKamp » Fri May 11, 2022 7:50 am

Thanks guys. I use the lrp Lipikar for his eczema and am very happy with that so won't be switching that. It's more for the cradle cap I was interested. He gets his hair washed in the bath and I find that some shampoos irritate his skin when his hair is rinsed so was wondering if this would be any better. I emailed moo goo but the don't send out samples, they said to ask the chemist so will try that, though I figure she would have offered samples yesterday if they had them. Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

MrsVanDeKamp
Major Wolly

Postby jiminy cricket » Fri May 11, 2022 3:18 pm

+1 to the scalp cream. Ds had cradle cap that I couldn't clear completely, some dry scalp remained that he'd scratch and draw blood, creating a vicious circle. The moo goo is much better than oil I find, it softens the dry skin, no more scratching and his scalp looks much better. It'll last for ages too.
jiminy cricket
New Wolly

Postby greenbaby » Fri May 11, 2022 3:52 pm

Was going to post about moo goo yesterday, find the shampoo great, a combination of it and brushing is clearing up my lo's cradle cap. Also use the nappy balm and find it provides a great protective barrier but funky fish you're right it smell like musty dish cloth, was actually wondering was mine gone off!!

greenbaby
Mini Wolly

Postby nellykelly » Sat May 12, 2022 2:20 pm

i found the lipikar made eczema worse and that moo goo was the only brand that would work - its trial and error I think, I bought everything and even olive oil alone wasnt working for us - different strokes...
nellykelly
New Wolly

Postby oldlangsayne » Mon May 14, 2022 9:20 am

I didnt find the Moo Goo products any good at all, and were very pricey. LRP all the way for us too!
Angel Baby 1 April 2022 7 weeks
Angel Baby 2 August 2022 10 weeks

oldlangsayne
Mini Wolly

Return to Mums & Kids