WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Self diagnosis!!!!

Support for Mothers and Fathers who have children with Special needs

Self diagnosis!!!!

Postby SuziQ » Mon Jul 13, 2022 3:21 am

Im writing this as I was teaching in a disadvantaged school for 2 years and saw it abit and it has happened in my family. I HATE HATE HATE when parents offload "disorders" onto their children because they are badly behaved children that are not disiplined or simply lazy!!!

I think it is the worst thing in the world for a parent to say that their child has x and y because they cant accept they are bold or dont have enough time to help the child themselves. It seems nowadays that there are too many labels too freely used!! It annoys me as it is making waiting lists and treatment/help for children that genuinely need help/assistance longer....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbjdnRr/]
SuziQ
Mini Wolly

Postby Mrs.slightly bonkers » Wed Sep 02, 2022 9:06 pm

Truely amazed by this post.sorry for bumping.
And are/were you a teacher.
But what about when teachers wont listen to parents about concerns they have about their children.
I have also often made app to see the teacher during the year to keep upto date with my kids progress,All to be told they are doing great
Come the end of school term,I get a report saying the child was way behind in such or such.So why/how and whats that all about.
I have 4 kids and they each have different qualitys.And some are better than other's behaviour wise.When i approach the teacher and ask about tutor's or sna nurse's anything that may help them, im told god no.thats what we are here for.
Nothing wrong at all/wtf
I myself have gone to a teacher in dispair with worry over my kids.And i really hope they never thought it was my fault.

>:o(
http://www.giveblood.ie/Become_a_Donor/Give_Platelets/

"Be me forty coats and me fifty pockets"
Mrs.slightly bonkers
Empress Wolly

Postby SuziQ » Thu Sep 03, 2022 6:33 pm

It appears that you have taken me up wrong I was simply saying that I hate when Parents diagnose their children when the child hasn't been assessed.

There is absolutely NO HARM in wanting the best for your child be it asking for help, assistance etc but to excuse behaviour based on your own diagnosis is appauling to me. My aunt used to always excuse my cousin for hurting 1 of the other kids saying ah he has ADHD he doesn know better, when he hadn't ever been assessed so she wasn't to know he HAD got it, in my families eyes she was too soft on him and never taught him right from wrong and let him away with murder....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbjdnRr/]
SuziQ
Mini Wolly

Reply:

Postby pbmissions » Mon Nov 09, 2021 5:26 am

Nice Post. It’s really a very good article. I noticed all your important points. Thanks!!

Air Horn
pbmissions
New Wolly

Re: Self diagnosis!!!!

Postby lovebug997 » Sat Feb 27, 2022 1:35 pm

bride-2b once upon a time!

[/url]
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

lovebug997
Supreme Wolly

Return to Children with Special Needs

Who is online