WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Glasses for children with Ds

Support for Mothers and Fathers who have children with Special needs

Glasses for children with Ds

Postby Lilly* » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:55 am

Hi All

Can any of ye tell me where stocks glasses for children with DS in the leinster area.
I think they are called erins world!
Lilly*
Mini Wolly

Re: Glasses for children with Ds

Postby rady1 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:44 pm

Hi there. I Am an optometrist, erins world I have only seen them via catalogue, they sound amazing, the only observation i had was that the range is verrrry plain , not very cute for little girls or boys, they are supplied by a company called merchamp, honestly most opticians would have no problem in getting them in for you on an appro basis, if you dont like them the shop can send them back, no bother, I try and use the cutest most durable, frames for younger kids. The beauty of erins world is that they are designed for a "flat" nose ( now this is not my phrasing but the erins world rep'). I have said if I do have a young patient with ds I'll definately give them a go. As for personal experience of the range, I don't have any as yet,
Feel free to ask any questions, as for any optician stocking the range, you could ring merchamp optical and ask them where they would recommend to go, they are very helpful.

Good luck,

Rady
rady1
New Wolly

Postby Lilly* » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:56 am

Thanks Rady will have a look for stockists of erins world,
Lilly*
Mini Wolly

Postby mobmar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:22 am

Found post below on this website that might help you.
http://www.downsyndromecentre.ie/news/2 ... /27/specs/
Hi Folks
Our local optician in Clane co. Kildare does a big range of Erin's World glasses and also a range of glasses called Miraflex which is also very suitable for babies.
045 861627

Posted on September 15, 2022
mobmar
Major Wolly

Postby Birch1 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:36 am

Hi Lilly. I can recommend optician in Clane too. The name is Given Opticians and they stocks a full range of childrens glasses fo all kids. Also has Erin's World frames. Staff very very patient and friendly. Website is givenopticians.ie.
:wv
Birch1
New Wolly

Postby Lilly* » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:43 am

Thanks Mobmar & Birch I have just phoned Given Opticians and they stock Eirns World and Miraflex frames, we have an appointment for Saturday.
Thanks for the help :wv
Lilly*
Mini Wolly

Return to Children with Special Needs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Adorable New Baby Gifts. Trendy, Stylish Clothing & accessories for Babies & Juniors.

Everything from pre-conception to maternity, new parents, gift items and much much more.

Dean Rogers is the Swing Daddy. Ideal for your wedding. Call 086 260 3319

Your castle, your wedding, your day at Kilronan Castle.

CT2 are Dublin's leading, family run suit hire & accessories business.

Guaranteed to have your dance floor jammed full of happy guests

Love at first sight... guaranteed with our Welcome, our Service, our Food and all the flexible deals and prices we have ready for You!

The Ian Hendrick Band is a four-piece high-energy group that has performed at over one thousand weddings and corporate functions in the past ten years.

Supplying entertainment packages to Irish weddings for over eight years.

Teresa O' Donnell is one of Ireland's leading harpist/singers with a varied repertoire of Irish, Classical and Contemporary music

We carry everything you need to complete the perfect wedding look. We offer an extensive range of bridal gowns, bridesmaid, flower girl dresses, menswear hire and accessories.

Cavan Crystal Hotel is a stunning contemporary 4* hotel which offers a haven of luxury in one of Irelands most beautifully diverse and centrally located counties.

Soprano for all special occcasions - weddings, civila ceremonies, blessings. Call 087 7755 992

DJS 4 DUBLIN, the friendly and professional mobile DJ service.

Pat O'Neill has been blazing a trail in the hair industry for the last 27 years.

Capture the sights and sounds of your special day forever on DVD. Discreet and unobtrusive.

Making your Day Special. Unrivalled food, stunning location, many photo opportunities

Come in and meet our Wedding Experts now, call us on 01 8745000 to arrange an appointment, or call in to our office in Lower Liffey Street, Dublin 1.

Add that elegant touch to your wedding ceremony or drinks reception with classical, traditional and popular music.

Harristown House close to Dublin offers a magnificent venue for you to create your own fairy tale wedding reception.

High quality, emotive and elegant images in a relaxed contemporary style.

Mobile Make-Up Artist/Hair Stylist, Pamper yourself on your Wedding Day.

For that special day our Chrysler 300c better known as the Baby Bentley will give you the style and elegance that you both expect on your wedding day.

One of Ireland's leading photographers. From a family background of photography with over 50 years experience.

The hotel & dining room at Finnstown are renowned for friendliness and hospitality.

Wedding Photography Westport Co. Mayo. Phone 087 6896944

Perfect water-side location for anyone looking for romantic, unique wedding venues in Dublin.

Rich harmonies, inspirational voices and vibrant colours set Discovery Gospel Choir apart from any other gospel choir in Ireland today.

Sharon Reid is a soprano with a very sincere expression. With a vast amount of experience, Sharon will help you choose your music from her repertoire. If you prefer to leave it all to her, she will look after the whole thing from start to finish!

Weddings Abroad - Malta, Cyprus, Lanzarote, Portugal, St. Lucia, Las Vegas, Mexico and Mauritius. Our highly experienced wedding planners have helped many couples to make their dream wedding abroad a reality.