WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Wedding band/dj - Donegal Town/Ballybofey

all things musical and entertainment related

Wedding band/dj - Donegal Town/Ballybofey

Postby OurWeddingDay » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:47 pm

Can anyone recommend wedding bands/dj's in this area and give me a rough idea of costs (if possible!).
I am planning to ring around a few of them next week but wanted to know if anyone could recommend some first!
Many Thanks in advance! O-O
OurWeddingDay
New Wolly

Re: Wedding band/dj - Donegal Town/Ballybofey

Postby lulu79 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:58 pm

hi im having the goodfellas, they are from limavady. if u google them they have a webpage and you can listen to them. they are 1,600pounds. very expensive but they are good.
lulu79
New Wolly

Postby janene » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:48 am

Hi

We are getting married in The Villa Rose and we are having The Mindbenders band (£1200) and Geard Dillon DJ (£300). Both meant to be the best in the business apparently so hopefully that's true!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
janene
New Wolly

Postby OurWeddingDay » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:46 pm

O right!
Thanks for the replies!
The Mindbenders and Gerard Dillon! Haven't come across them now as of yet!
Must try and check them out somewhere! Would be grateful if you have any contact details or know where they might be playing around this area in near future!
OurWeddingDay
New Wolly

Postby grogmg » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:24 pm

Flipside are a brilliant band and their dj option is good aswell, I got quoted around 1200-1300 for a wedding, unfortunately they were booked for my date. I have gone with the Cavanagh Brothers from Greencastle and they quoted me 1200 for the night with DJ for October 2012 and they have to travel to Ardara!! I would try and go see some of the bands to make sure they are your kind of thing aswell, and see if you could see yourself dancing to them all night!!!

grogmg
Mini Wolly

Postby bubbler1 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:19 pm

lulu79 good choice :o)ll :o)ll were having the goodfella's from limavady and gerad dillion Dj for our wedding in Ballybofey can't wait they sound great on u-tube :o0 :o0 :o0
[/url]
bubbler1
New Wolly

Postby janene » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:04 pm

Hi Lulu79

Paul from The Mindbenders looks after all their bookings and enquiries, etc. His number is 028 71 267577. We actually went to hear them play in The Villa Rose itself so we knew what we could expect. They had only been playing 10 minutes and the dancefloor was completely filled. We were really impressed with them.

Geard Dillon's number is 07754064629 (Derry office) or 0749108832 (Donegal office). His website is www.gdillon.com.

[/url]
janene
New Wolly

Postby MammyMia » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:24 am

I booked The Beef Steak Dancers. Heard them singing at a wedding and they were very good. I also booked Apollo DJ's.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a photographer or videographer that is either based in Donegal or near Donegal? Can't seem to find one.

Thanks, :wv
MammyMia
Mini Wolly

Postby lstars » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:29 pm

try cufflinks!!
lstars
Royal Wolly

Postby grogmg » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:43 pm

Blondebabe123, i relpied to your other post about photographers/videograhers, hope you get sorted soon!

grogmg
Mini Wolly

Postby cupcakebabe » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:46 am

WE had DJ Chris and i honestly couldnt recommend him enough! He was brilliant. Dance floor was packed all night! He really knew how to get the guests dancing the night away. His number is 086 1610274

TTC Apr 2010
DH - 33, Sept 2010 SA No problems
Me - 33, Not Ovulating, Clomid 50mg Oct 10 - Feb 11
HSG Scan Feb 11 - Right Tube Blocked.
March 11 - Clomid 100mg x 3 months
Napro June 2011
Lap & Dye Aug 2011 - Right Tube Totally Blocked, Left Tube Badly Blocked.
HSG To Cannulize Tubes Sept 2011 - BOTH TUBES NOW OPEN!!!!
4.5mg LDN & 2000mg Omega 3 Daily, 7 Femara CD3, Utrogestan & Fematab Starting P&3 for 10 Days.

Bloods
Feb 2012 - P 76.36 O 396.96
March 2012 - P70.27 O 293.60

When the world says " Give up " Hope whispers "Try it one more time"
cupcakebabe
Woloholic

Postby suzyp1980 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:00 pm

Hi i no of a fantastic band from belfast they are called SHINE they charge about £700-£800 i have seen them a few tyms at family weddings they are a 3 piece but can make the band bigger if u want but the three of them are first class. that is the price for the full night band and disco
they are on facebook shineentertainments or this is there link
www.shineentertainments.com
hope this helps x
suzyp1980
New Wolly

Postby LoveinBloom » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:03 pm

we used the leeroy brown band. Very good - and quite reasonable. They have a website. they are handy cos they provide the DJ as well. So u can tick two items off your list!!

LoveinBloom
New Wolly

WiseGuys

Postby WiseGuys » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:46 am

Hi there,
If you are still on the look out for a band, check out WiseGuys - we are a 6 piece live band from the South East. We do cover 32 counties so Donegal will not be a problem. We offer a full range of entertainment services including:

Full Day Package: Church Music, Afternoon drinks reception music, Live 6 piece band for evening reception followed by Pro DJ.
OR
Evening Package: Live 6 piece band & Pro DJ

Check out our website http://www.wiseguys.ie and feel free to call or e mail me if you need any further info.
Best of luck with the wedding planning :-)
Oisin

Oisin Molloy - WiseGuys
Ph: 087 7998291
E Mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.wiseguys.ie

WiseGuys
WOL Network

Return to Wedding Music and Entertainment