WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

30 Day Challenge! Feel free to join in :)

30 Day Challenge! Feel free to join in :)

Postby Cocobelles » Sat Mar 31, 2022 8:57 am

Hi Ladies!

I just got engaged a few months ago. I'm getting married in December and have some pounds to shed! My main weight/health goal is to feel happy and confident walking down that aisle!! :thnk

As a motivation booster/kick start I'm giving myself a 30 day challenge (1 April to 30 April)!

"Rules"

To keep things simple I'm planning on sticking to a few basic rules:

1. Drink minimum 2 Liters of Water every single day.
2. Eat wholesome food (aprox 1200 kcals per day) - no chocolate, sweets or any other junk food. I'm also going to up my protein intake as part of this to start getting my skin and nails is shape!
3. Exercise 6 days a week- I already run a bit and do some weight training so my main focus is to be consistent and my aim is to do an hour a day (even an hour long slow walk will do).
4. Log my progress to keep myself accountable! I'm also going to measure waist & hips in case the scales don't do what I want!

Weigh-in dates
Official weigh in dates are as follows but I hope to log more frequently to stay on track:

Sunday, 1 April 2022
Monday, 9 April 2022
Monday, 16 April 2022
Monday, 23 April 2022
Monday, 30 April 2022

If anyone is interested in joining me for the 30 days I'd be delighted!! If you want in perhaps post a short paragraph with a bit about yourself the following info:

Starting weight
Ultimate weight goal

I have about 20ish pounds to lose overall and I'd be over the moon to have 5-10 of them disappear over the next 5 weeks! If it work's I'll do another one for May and so on.

Or if anyone has any helpful hints on how they lost weight would love to hear them!

Cocobelles
New Wolly

Re: 30 Day Challenge! Feel free to join in :)

Postby stupidname2013 » Sat Mar 31, 2022 9:57 am

Hey love the idea - I think there's a few of us on here with the same idea.

In terms of myself - got engaged December, getting married in less than a year (the year was yesterday - it still counts!!)...5'3'' - highest weight was November 2008 at 11 st 4...now down to 9 st 6.5. Just back to WW last week, they're saying my goal is 9 st 1...but I'm aiming for 8 st 13 coz I like the sound of the 8...however, it's really more about toning up for me. So I guess I have 7.5 lbs to go...the home stretch, haven't made it before but determined to do it before I go dress shopping in June/hen in August (surfing!).

Been to the gym three times this week, currently undertaking the couch to 5k, to start week 4 on Monday. I get weighed on Thursdays so will keep ya posted!!

In terms of the weigh-in on Monday 9th - I've already planned a blow out on Easter Sunday (big family dinner) but like in WW, as long as you plan for it, all should be fine! :)

Great idea to measure inches, will get OH to do it later today...I never thought of keeping them before, wish I had! I suppose at my heaviest I was 14/16, now I'm a 10 mostly. Target area is bum, upper legs and tum...

Definitely need to drink more water!!

That's me!
stupidname2013
Mini Wolly

Postby co2012 » Sat Mar 31, 2022 7:22 pm

m
co2012
New Wolly

Postby Cocobelles » Sun Apr 01, 2022 1:35 pm

stupidname2013 wrote:Hey love the idea - I think there's a few of us on here with the same idea.

In terms of myself - got engaged December, getting married in less than a year (the year was yesterday - it still counts!!)...5'3'' - highest weight was November 2008 at 11 st 4...now down to 9 st 6.5. Just back to WW last week, they're saying my goal is 9 st 1...but I'm aiming for 8 st 13 coz I like the sound of the 8...however, it's really more about toning up for me. So I guess I have 7.5 lbs to go...the home stretch, haven't made it before but determined to do it before I go dress shopping in June/hen in August (surfing!).

Been to the gym three times this week, currently undertaking the couch to 5k, to start week 4 on Monday. I get weighed on Thursdays so will keep ya posted!!

In terms of the weigh-in on Monday 9th - I've already planned a blow out on Easter Sunday (big family dinner) but like in WW, as long as you plan for it, all should be fine! :)

Great idea to measure inches, will get OH to do it later today...I never thought of keeping them before, wish I had! I suppose at my heaviest I was 14/16, now I'm a 10 mostly. Target area is bum, upper legs and tum...

Definitely need to drink more water!!

That's me!

Hey stupiname2013!

Delighted to have someone else on board!! WOW major congrats on all your efforts to date - that's an incredible loss!! Very inspirational!

Weighed in this morn at 10st 11pds! I'm 5ft6 and have a small enough frame so that's pretty heavy for me but I have been doing weights for a while so I hope there's some muscle in that too!! Goal weight for me is probably about 9st 6pd...that's the weight that I was most comfortable at/looking healthy and slim!

I couldn't find a tape measure this morn so waist measure tomorrow will have to do!

Exercise - started off with a bang 2.5hour hill walk
Water - 1.5lt down so far
Diet - no bad stuff so far and feel really motivated to keep it that way, I've made a batch of sugar free jelly for the week just in case I miss sugar too much.

Hope you're doing well today!!

Cocobelles
New Wolly

Postby Cocobelles » Sun Apr 01, 2022 9:30 pm

Day 1

Weight: 151 pounds
Waist: 35cm
Hips: 40cm

Diet: 1254 Kcal
Water: 2.5Litres
Exercise: 2.5Hour Hill walk

Happy enough with that start :)

Edit: Forgot to mention - used this little vid to remind myself where to measure - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... yL8UfGZMJE

Cocobelles
New Wolly

Postby Cocobelles » Mon Apr 02, 2022 10:42 pm

Day 2

Diet: 1282 Kcal
Water: 2.5Litres
Exercise: Yoga & 1 hour walk

Enjoying the exercise & including protein with every meal...so far so good.

Cocobelles
New Wolly

Postby Cocobelles » Tue Apr 03, 2022 6:26 pm

Day 3

Diet: 1210 Kcal
Water: 3 Litres
Exercise: Yoga Class & 20min stair climbing

Cocobelles
New Wolly

Postby stupidname2013 » Tue Apr 03, 2022 7:20 pm

Hey cocobelles - sorry last couple of days in work have been manic!! Did really well at the weekend, stuck to my 'points' (not sure what they are in calories), even had some of my weeklys left over...and then yesterday in work I ate nothing but crap!! Serious binge - tried to make up for it by having a potato for dinner (yes a potato) and then coz I ate so badly yesterday I nearly fainted in the gym this morning...oops!!

Anyway, back on track today...still not great for the water. Word of advice though, sounds like you're drinking an awful lot of water for what you're eating...remember you can have too much water, it dilutes the salts in your body and can actually make your brain swell!!! Probably won't happen but maybe stick to the 2ltrs?

Really should take my measurements!! I'm tired and sprawled out on the couch so it's not going to happen tonight - maybe tomorrow :)

Good job so far!! Keep it up!! I'm getting weighed on Thursday so hopefully have even a lb gone!!
stupidname2013
Mini Wolly

Postby stupidname2013 » Wed Apr 04, 2022 12:33 pm

Actually ended up going to WW today coz I'm off work tomorrow and it would have been annoying to go then...so down another 1.5lbs...3 in total now...yeah :) Weight now 9'5!! :)
stupidname2013
Mini Wolly

Postby Cocobelles » Wed Apr 04, 2022 10:43 pm

stupidname2013 wrote:Actually ended up going to WW today coz I'm off work tomorrow and it would have been annoying to go then...so down another 1.5lbs...3 in total now...yeah :) Weight now 9'5!! :)

Whooopp whhhooopp!! WELL DONE!! That's fantastic! I'm delighted for you and feel really encouraged by how well you're doing! :thnk for you!

I've lost little bits of weight but i'm gonna wait until monday to see if i've made a real difference (could just be water weight)...a little worried about easter madness - having a big family dinner but I will try to make the best choices I can!

On the water side of things I usually drank 1.5lt so I reckon with added exercise 2.5 is good but yeah 3 was maybe pushing it!!

Your potato story is gas - fair play for trying to compensate but you poor thing gym fainting is never good!

Day 4

Diet: 1302kcal - met friend for lunch with wine (a little disappointed with myself next time i'll make it coffee because it wasn't like I had to drink in the mid of the day!).
Water: 2.5L
Exercise: 1.5 hour walk & yoga class

Cocobelles
New Wolly

Postby stupidname2013 » Thu Apr 05, 2022 8:18 am

Looks like it's just us :)

Thanks - I'm doing really well I think...as in I don't feel too deprived or anything. Although to be honest, these three were easy to lose coz they're the three that I've been putting on and off since I got engaged in December...so hopefully the only way is down now!!

Definitely only count the weekly weigh in - I do cheat during the week I have to say, but the only one that counts is the one that goes on my card from WW. Cheating is more just to let me know that I'm doing the right things!!

I wouldn't worry too much about the wine - I find that I need things like that (well in my case food - not a big alcohol drinker - it hates me when I do!) otherwise it really does feel like a diet and then I get annoyed and lose it!!

Maybe weigh yourself Sunday morning this week. Monday's will show what you ate on Easter and won't really be a true reflection of what you did this week. You'll only hold on to Easter weight for a day or too, assuming you get back on the wagon straight away. Like this week I was weighed on a Wednesday but I'm normally a Thursday, but it was pretty much the week so I'm happy with that. Also with Easter - I think I already said it - but I'm going to go for a run in the morning and then keep my 'weekly' points for the day so that I'm at a good point to just eat pretty much what I want. I don't want to be on a 'diet' on Sunday otherwise I'll feel deprived and that's not really a way to live either...back on the healthy eating on Monday!

Although I have an exam this day week so we'll see how I go!!

Good luck!!
stupidname2013
Mini Wolly

Postby micls » Thu Apr 05, 2022 8:31 am

stupidname2013 wrote:Anyway, back on track today...still not great for the water. Word of advice though, sounds like you're drinking an awful lot of water for what you're eating...remember you can have too much water, it dilutes the salts in your body and can actually make your brain swell!!!

She's a long way from drinking anywhere near that much water!

Some basic info here: http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm

'The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time.'

I wouldn't mind joining in but my goals/rules are different so not sure if it will work.
micls
Major Wolly

Postby stupidname2013 » Thu Apr 05, 2022 9:41 am

Oh I know it wouldn't happen, more than there are all these things about weight loss and drinking water but there is a point!! It's more that I read an article about this woman who drank like 4 ltrs one day and she did die, I'd imagine there were extenuating circumstances in that but I'm always a bit funny and try stick to the 2ltrs including tea etc...I go on the colour of my wee (gross I know), should be sort of a pale yellow!!

You can join, no rules here really!! I'm doing WW and Cocobelles is doing it herself via calories!!

What do you want to do? No harm in writing them down!!
stupidname2013
Mini Wolly

Postby Cocobelles » Thu Apr 05, 2022 6:56 pm

micls wrote:I wouldn't mind joining in but my goals/rules are different so not sure if it will work.

Ooh they we're just my own little rules for me! Feel free to post a little blurb about your rules and your goals and then we'll keep you accountable for them :action28 !! More the merrier!!

Stupiname2013 - I'll be taking up your suggestion - may even weigh in on Saturday instead because our easter plans changed & now i'll be away from home(and my dig scales) on Monday!!

Even if it is the same three pounds it's still a victory - it's better 3 off than 3 on and this time lets make it off for good!!

Day 5

Diet: 1278kcal (ate out but made some good choices)
Water:2.5l
Exercise: Bikram Yoga

Cocobelles
New Wolly

Postby stupidname2013 » Thu Apr 05, 2022 7:46 pm

Good job cocobelles on the eating out and being good - that I definitely find the hardest!!

You're mad for the yoga - never tried it myself, want to but not sure if it'd really be my thing!!

Meant to say earlier that you've a good few walks in there - would you consider trying the couch 2 5k thing? I'm on week four at the moment, I do think it's making a difference. I do it in the gym to be fair but I'm sure it'd work the same outside too as long as you were disciplined about it (as in the treadmill keeps my speed up!)...just a suggestion anyway!!

Weighing on Saturday is a good idea...as long as it's not a couple of days later, you should see some results, and sure if not, keep on going!! We're only on day 5! :o0
stupidname2013
Mini Wolly

Next

Return to Health & Fitness