WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Anyone starting IVF/ICSI for the first time?

Anyone starting IVF/ICSI for the first time?

Postby Lyanna2012 » Fri Apr 20, 2022 11:31 am

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who is just about to start IVF/ICSI for the first time. Could really do with some cycle buddies.

DH and I have been TTC for 2 years. Went for initial consultation in Sims (our GP was too relaxed -kept telling us 'come back in another 6 months', every time we saw him), so we took matters into our own hands. I'm 29, DH is 28. My AMH is normal but on the low end of normal. DH has low motility. SIS was normal. We initially had planned on IUI x 3, but with DH's low motility best course of action is to go down the ICSI road.

Just after having phone consultation with my doctor who talked me through high level plan for ICSI - sniffers for 2 weeks, then Gonal F injections and plenty of scans! It'll be blast transfer on day 5 if they get plenty of embryos, day 3 transfer if there are few.

I'm excited and nervous about starting into this. Glad to be that little step closer to having a baby, but apprehensive about the whole process at the same time. It's really overwhelming at times. Talk about information overload!

I've been reading the threads in this forum, but decided to officially sign up and start posting myself today. I'd love to chat with someone else in the same boat, as you nearly learn more from each other than you do from most of the doctors :o0
Me 29 DH 28
TTC 2 Years
Me: SIS normal, AMH normal
DH: Low motility
Starting ICSI May 2012
1 beautiful blast transferred 18/06/2022

Lyanna2012
New Wolly

Re: Anyone starting IVF/ICSI for the first time?

Postby suitcase of hopes and dreams » Fri Apr 20, 2022 1:39 pm

Welcome aboard hun :wv

Hope your doing ok, none of us ever expected to be on here.

I've had 1 fresh ICSI cycle, we have my little boy from then.
Have also done a frozen cycle which sadly ended in MC
Am now getting ready for next fresh ICSI.

The gals on the IUI/IVF thread are great, lots of ladies starting out like yourself so jump in, always someone on to chat to, ask a question ect.

Sending you :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

Mammys lil angel went to heaven July 2011 xxx

When the world says" Give up".....hope whispers...." Try one more time"

Postby Slanket » Fri Apr 20, 2022 4:02 pm

Welcome Lyanna :wv

I'm starting down reg injections tomorrow for our first ivf, I have a dd who 6 & was conceived naturally, we've been ttc#2 for just under 2 years. I'm with cork fertility clinic.

As suitcase of hopes & dream said join the new ivf/iui thread at the top of the page, their is a few of us starting soon so you'll be in good company!
Me 35 DH 37
TTC#2
unexplained secondary infertility
IUI #1 Feb 2012 BFN
IVF #1 April / May 2012. BFP!!!!! Fingers crossed its a sticky!!!!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers]Image
Slanket
Mini Wolly

Postby jewellb » Fri Apr 20, 2022 4:05 pm

Yes lyanna pop up to us on thread above, I am starting my cycle prob next wend doing short cycle wit sims when my next AF arrives!! :lvs :lvs
First IVF starts April 25th!!!
2 extraordinary embryos transferred 8th may, OTD 22nd may!!!
BFP !!!!!!!!!! BETA 321.71

"Worry is interest paid for a debt you may never owe"

jewellb
Wolly Addict

Postby Lyanna2012 » Fri Apr 20, 2022 7:00 pm

Thanks ladies, will check out the other thread!
Me 29 DH 28
TTC 2 Years
Me: SIS normal, AMH normal
DH: Low motility
Starting ICSI May 2012
1 beautiful blast transferred 18/06/2022

Lyanna2012
New Wolly

Return to TTC with Assistance