WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Delayed AF after failed IVF

Delayed AF after failed IVF

Postby LewLew » Fri Apr 20, 2022 7:06 pm

Ladies,

Just wondering how late your AF was the next month after a failed IVF? My cycle failed last month & as yet no sign of next AF I'm now on day 43. Has this happened to anyone else?

After my first failed cycle my AF was slightly delayed approx 32 days. Slightly worried this time, do you think I should contact the clinic?

Thanks
LewLew
Me 35, DH 31 (DS almost 4)
TTC no2 since Jan 10
MC July 2010
Lap & dye Jan 11 all clear
3 iui April/May/June 11 - BFN
1st ICSI Oct 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI Feb 12 - BFN
LewLew
New Wolly

Re: Delayed AF after failed IVF

Postby IvytheTerrible » Sat Apr 21, 2022 8:40 am

Hi lewlew, sorry to hear about your failed IVF. I had a cancelled IVF and like you, took 35 days for that to come back, which would be about a week over. I believe it was acu that helped me though. I wasn't in too much hurry as I won't be starting again for a couple of months and so would prefer to wait for nature but maybe give it another week and ring the clinic? The waiting is a killer I know.
IvytheTerrible
Major Wolly

Postby RachelGreene » Sat Apr 21, 2022 7:30 pm

Hi Lewlew, how are you doing? I think we got our BFN days apart last month. In on day 41. Don't know what is happening. I wish my body would just get back to normal so I can get on with life. It's very fustrating. I would think it's just down to our bodies trying to get back to normal...at least I hope it is. I will be so upset if IVF has messed up my cycles from now on. I am in the clinic on Wednesday for some blood tests so if it hasn't arrived I'll ask their advice.
RachelGreene
Mini Wolly

Postby LewLew » Sun Apr 22, 2022 5:54 pm

Thanks for the replies ladies.

Rachel haven't been on the boards for a while had found the bfn really tough this time. We've decided to have one final go at IVF. I'm taking DHEA for three months and going to change to short protocol this time. I really hope my cycles aren't messed up every month now. Had been hoping to cycle again end of June beginning of July.
What is your next step? :xox
Me 35, DH 31 (DS almost 4)
TTC no2 since Jan 10
MC July 2010
Lap & dye Jan 11 all clear
3 iui April/May/June 11 - BFN
1st ICSI Oct 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI Feb 12 - BFN
LewLew
New Wolly

Postby RachelGreene » Sun Apr 22, 2022 8:32 pm

Hi Lewlew,

It's incredibly hard isn't it. I've found the last couple of days it has hit me really hard. I am terrified this will never work but just have to keep going. We were thinking of trying again around August/September as we need time to save up. Our protocol won't change but they'll add intralipids next time....so hopefully that will do the trick but who knows. I'm trying to research some supplements etc at the moment to try and improve our chances.

Hope you're doing ok and best of luck with your next cycle. I really hope it's the one for you. :action31
RachelGreene
Mini Wolly

Return to TTC with Assistance