WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

An Chuirt hotel prices??

An Chuirt hotel prices??

Postby fuzzy123 » Thu May 27, 2022 2:06 pm

Hi girls,
We have booked our wedding for summer 2011 in An Chuirt. We don't live in Donegal so we actually just booked without agreeing on a price as yet. I know this is the wrong way to go about it but we just wanted an exact date and didnt want to miss out on it. Anyway was wondering is anyone on here getting married in An Chuirt, how were they for haggling?
We are going up there in a few weeks to meet the manager and I would just like to get an idea of what other people are paying pm please if that suits better. Would appreciate any feedback.
THANKS....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

fuzzy123
Mini Wolly

Re: An Chuirt hotel prices??

Postby rosie2011 » Thu May 27, 2022 2:34 pm

Hi again, as you know from another post we are also getting married in an chuirt in August 2011.To be honest we didnt really do that much haggling, probably should have. :( Lewis the manager was lovely to deal with, very professional. I did ask him about the wine prices and he agreed to give us the nicer more expensive wine for 16 euro a bottle it was originally 19 euros a bottle. He also reduced the corkage from 10 euro to 8 euro, though i think i am going to try and haggle that down a bit more, fingers crossed, because still think thats a bit too dear. I think we are planning to just buy the hotel wine and then bring our own sparkling wine for the toast and pay the corkage on that. He said that there wasnt much he could do for us in terms of reducing the cost of the meals unfortunately, but if you do manage to get him down on that, let me know and i will also ask, ha. well good luck for meeting with him next week and let me know how u get on, as i said he was a very nice friendly man. good luck :)
rosie2011
New Wolly

Postby fuzzy123 » Thu May 27, 2022 6:19 pm

Hi Rosie, thanks for that info. We met Lewis the time we were viewing the hotel and we were impressed with him. Will let you know how we get on next week.

fuzzy123
Mini Wolly

Postby rosie2011 » Thu Jun 24, 2022 1:36 pm

hey fuzzy123, was just wondering have you been down to see Lewis at an chuirt yet, how did you get on? :)
rosie2011
New Wolly

Postby lulu79 » Sun Aug 08, 2022 9:02 am

hi girls i am getting married there too. are u both from donegal? i am living in letterkenny, have u both everything organised? what are u doing about chair covers? i want to get them did lewis recomend a company to u,hav u booked them. alot of hotels are now throwing chair covers in as part of the package ,i wonder would it be worth asking for them to do the same :wv
lulu79
New Wolly

Postby rosie2011 » Sun Aug 08, 2022 9:59 am

hi again, i am not from Donegal, actually from Belfast but parents have a cottage in Gweedore so have been going there for years. i have just got chapel, hotel obviously, band/Dj, photographer and car booked. i want to get chaircovers too. i called into see Lewis one day there was a wedding on and they were setting up for a wedding that day, there was a company called celebationz.ie there putting on chaircovers and Lewis reccommended them. Lewis also said that the hotel have their own chaircovers, but think he said the bows were only in white or gold. I have been thinking though and am considering getting the plain white chaircovers anyhow, so i emailed Lewis a few weeks ago enquiring about them and a few other things, i have emailed twice now but he hasnt replied :( so think i will be better to phone. i have heard of hotels throwing the chair covers in, i guess it would be worth asking. Did you agree on any discounts with Lewis on anything?
rosie2011
New Wolly

Postby lulu79 » Sun Aug 08, 2022 10:55 am

because we are getting marreid off peak we are getting things a little cheaper (i think) found lewis brilliant to talk to, he is so honest in what he thinks u should offer your guest. our corkage is 6euro and house wine is 16. our menu is 35 per head. is this similar to yours. i dont really like some of the menu so im going to suggest a few things to see if i can have those instead. he didnt tell me about their own chair covers so i must ask him. i just want plain white. dont want bows. my uncle is doing my flowers so im adding colour to the room with those, so bows would be to ott. have my band and photographer booked. looking for a dj a the mo. have flowers organised and all the dress etc. have to do the pre marriage course which im dreading :duh:
lulu79
New Wolly

Postby rosie2011 » Sun Aug 08, 2022 7:19 pm

Hi Lulu that is good prices you got, he has also offered us 16 euro for wine and 8 euros for corkage, though i have sent an email asking if this is the best he can do on this, though as i said before havent heard anything back. we are paying 38 euro per head as well and i think 8 euro per head for the evening buffet is that the same as yours? i also found Lewis very good in terms of advising what we should offer guests. have you thought about where u are getting ur cake from?
rosie2011
New Wolly

Postby lulu79 » Sun Aug 08, 2022 9:00 pm

my friend is a chef so he offered to make my cake, but i must check with him as we had drank alot of alcohol when he offered, other wise i think i would just buy one in m+S. im being a bit selfish cos i hate wedding cake, so thats why i dont want to spend a fortune on it. i have to book cars, dj, get wedding rings and honeymoon. wish i had the money for a wedding planner to do it all for me
lulu79
New Wolly

Postby thumpette » Sun Aug 08, 2022 9:09 pm

I was seriously considering an Chuirt- the setting is just gorgeous. I think Lewis needs to sort his emailing skills out tho- I mailed him 3 times to confirm some details before booking and he didnt reply to any of them. In the end I just emailed reception and said I was no longer booking. He replied then of course but to be honest by confidence in him was gone at that stage.

It is a gorgeous place tho- good luck girls! Just a pity Lewis hasnt learned lessons!
thumpette
Mini Wolly

Postby lulu79 » Sun Aug 08, 2022 9:51 pm

that such a pity thumpette, iv only met up with him twice but have spoken over the phone with him, iv heard a few people give out about him never replying to emails,
lulu79
New Wolly

Postby thumpette » Mon Aug 09, 2022 1:46 pm

Yeah I think it is a shame- people might saw 'sure pick up the phone', but he supplied an email address- and i prefer to do most things via email, gives a trail of communication and i just find it easier to do at work instead of discussing my private business in ear shot of everyone.

There was also a few other niggly things that annoyed me about An Chuirt despite it being ideal in many ways, I know it sounds silly but he told us no candles on the table, because apparantly people tend to set their menus on fire and then theres a smell!

Also the thing they do with their starters of laying the tables already with half and half really would have annoyed me- most hotels manage to ask people what they want and give them that- I wouldnt be happy as a guest to just have a starter randonly assigned to me, also you might be too shy or embaraased to ask to change!

Not to say its not a great venue- and i know a lot of people who had amazing days here
thumpette
Mini Wolly

Postby 22 bride » Mon Aug 09, 2022 2:49 pm

I had my reception at An Chuirt in May and i could not reccommend it enough. Everyone was brilliant especially Lewis. The hotel we had booked went in to liquidation before christmas and Lewis done everything he could to help us and make us feel at ease. We were actually glad on the day of the wedding that the other hotel had fallen through because An Chuirt was the perfect hotel for us. We got beautiful photographs from outside the hotel and the weather was brilliant.
Had a brilliant day and i hope everyone has a fab day too, best of luck. :compress
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
22 bride
New Wolly

Postby rosie2011 » Mon Aug 09, 2022 8:54 pm

hi 22 bride, really glad u had a good day and were happy with the hotel and staff, and you were lucky enough to get good weather too, bonus :)
i do understand were u are coming from thumpette about the starters, i do not like the sound of that as well, and think i am just going to pick one starter and they can give everyone the same, rather than half and half, i have never seen that done before, and did find it a bit strange as well when i heard that.
rosie2011
New Wolly

Postby fuzzy123 » Thu Aug 26, 2022 11:46 pm

Hi girls I'm getting married in An Chuirt too next August. Not form DOnegal but h2b's has family up there so we go up a good bit. Seems we're all getting pretty much the same deal. That half and half thing with the starter sounds a bit mad would just prefer if everyone got the same instead of doing that!! I have church/priest/ band/ photographer/ video guy/ booked but have no cake or flowers got yet so if you can recommend anyone for these would be grateful. ANyway keep in touch

fuzzy123
Mini Wolly

Next

Return to Old Faithful