WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

MAY 2011 Brides...

MAY 2011 Brides...

Postby cutebride2b » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:46 pm

how is everyone getting on?? xxx :lvs

cutebride2b
Mini Wolly

Re: MAY 2011 Brides...

Postby bubbler1 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:49 pm

Hi cutebride2be, I'm going on fine thanks, How are you going are you sorted yet?, I've got everything booked, just waiting now to confirm everything, going to get intouch with venue in the next couple of weeks as we booked last December and haven't heard a thing from them, is this normal??....Just waiting now til nearer the time.....i can't wait, at least I can start counting down now 7 month to go :lvs :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
bubbler1
New Wolly

Postby cking1 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:30 pm

Oh girls im stressed out- 7 months to go and no honeymoon,invitations,shoes or jewellery for me or bm's , no shoes for men - goodness the list goes on!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :weep

What should i really be doing next very overwheming trying to organise it all! :-8 In what order did you's do everything? Any help would be appreciated!!
[/url]
cking1
New Wolly

Postby bubbler1 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:53 pm

cking1 wrote:Oh girls im stressed out- 7 months to go and no honeymootn,invitations,shoes or jewellery for me or bm's , no shoes for men - goodness the list goes on!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :weep

What should i really be doing next very overwheming trying to organise it all! :-8 In what order did you's do everything? Any help would be appreciated!!

Hi cking1, don't panic it will all come together O:o) where are you getting married, I was lucky and went to a wedding fayre and saw the invvites I wanted, also the hotel has a wedding club so got 10% off. Not worring about Bm shoes they are all getting themselves as wearing long dresses, I've just told them to wear silver sandles, and didnt want to buy them incase to high or uncomfortable for them, the same with the men black shoes, and also where you hire suits from usually hire shoes so you can get them all to match. the Honeymoon we just looked on internet and then decided and headed to the travel agents. I actually foud my shoes the hardest to get as I didn't want much heel, but managed to get. I've actually got alot of bits online saves loads of time and hassle, hope this helps :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll p.sThere is a wedding planner on your Hub with a detailed list of what to do and when and a checklist :heartbeat:
[/url]
bubbler1
New Wolly

Postby petersgirl » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:02 pm

cking1 wrote:Oh girls im stressed out- 7 months to go and no honeymoon,invitations,shoes or jewellery for me or bm's , no shoes for men - goodness the list goes on!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :weep

I'm 7 months as well and still have all those things to do too so don't worry :wv

experimenting with invitations today - stress!! very fiddly. Getting into the 6 month paperwork phase, that's freaking me out a bit! Have to do marriage course in a couple of weeks. As the time ticks, it really seems so quick, but I think it will all happen and fall into place. :wv
[/url]

[/url]
petersgirl
Wolly Addict

Postby cutebride2b » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:24 pm

awww bubbler i am the same as you when it comes the bms shoes, not that fussy, me on the other hand will be getting jimmy choos :xox yayyyyyy...i have just sent my save the dates and i am looking at lovely plain invites on ebay.. £5 for 10, i dont want anything too colourful to give anything away...

it is normal if you havent heard fro the venue, i email my co ordinator now an again for advice on wee things...

have you got your rings / mens suits yet? i dont, i am leaving it till after crimbo i reckon...i still need to book florist eeek, and my bakery doesnt open diary for 2011 till january..

what dates are you lot? i am 21st xxx :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

cutebride2b
Mini Wolly

Postby cutebride2b » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:26 pm

petersgirl wrote:
cking1 wrote: Have to do marriage course in a couple of weeks. As the time ticks, it really seems so quick, but I think it will all happen and fall into place. :wv

i am still undecided on doing this, is it compulsory? i hate the thought of it :hic

cutebride2b
Mini Wolly

Postby petersgirl » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:39 pm

Hey,

not sure what church you are in, but seems you have to do the pre-marriage course in the Catholic church, unless the priest is very laid back :o0 I'm not really sure about other faiths, i don't think it is compulsory.

My date is 27th :)

Regards wedding rings - I would advise getting them asap, to my dislike, my wedding ring was a lot more than I expected mainly because the price of gold keeps going up and up! It's the highest it's ever been at the minute. And the jeweller reminded me that the VAT rate will go up to 20% in January - so if you need anything big paid for, do it before then :wv
[/url]

[/url]
petersgirl
Wolly Addict

Postby cutebride2b » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:51 pm

ohh good tip, what about deposits? does that hold the 17.5% vat rate?? see two girls i work with recommended a goldsmith jeweller who works from home, but i am not so sure, what do u think? they used him like...

ohh ur 6 days after me...have u booked honeymoon? i really need to get my finger out and do that ha...

yes i am catholic an my priest is very strict :eek hate it...where is your course based at? :heartbeat:

cutebride2b
Mini Wolly

Postby petersgirl » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:36 pm

oh not sure about the deposit thing - probably would still stand. Yeah I would def go with the jeweller guy. I was dying to find someone who worked from home, as I was getting crzy quotes for a wedding ring that needed made to fit my curved e-ring. Got a more decent quote from Gardiner Brothers in the end. The shops put such a mark up on them.

Have to go to the course in Crossgar of all places though think they are dotted around the place.

Yep booked my honeymoon to croatia - to be honest it was one of the more pleasant bits of wedding planning :o0 hadn't planned to book so early but just noticed the flights were released.
[/url]

[/url]
petersgirl
Wolly Addict

Postby mrsduffy2be » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:37 pm

Hi girls im the 28th.. agghhh 7 months to go...

Venue
chapel
Cars
Photographer
Videographer
My Dress
My shoes
My jewelery
Suits
Mens shoes - bought in suit shop at time!
Bm dresses - Getting altered at the minute!
Bm shoes & jewellery
Hairdresser booked
Cake
Rings
Flowers
Band
Dj
Invitations bought in - not made

To do:
MORE make up trials..
tan trials
Invitations - need to make them

Is there anything i've missed out?

As for marriage course.. not looking forward to this as priest a friend of hubbys family so will have to do it!! :(
[/url]
mrsduffy2be
New Wolly

Postby bubbler1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:50 pm

[
Last edited by bubbler1 on Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/url]
bubbler1
New Wolly

Postby bubbler1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:00 pm

:lvs mines the 26th may, Your shoes sound MEGA Cutebridetobe, I have rings and suits, flowers I have already got. as not having fresh, Having silk & crystal, groom, BM and Pageboy all have hayfever & asthma so i think fresh cut flowers could be a no no or awful pic's with red noses and eyes lol :o0, Yeah we haven't heard from the venue either, I think its 6mnths before but not sure, i think i will ring the end of November and just check myself.... I can't wait :lvs :lvs :lvs
[/url]
bubbler1
New Wolly

Postby bubbler1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:03 pm

Pm'd you hope it helps :wv
[/url]
bubbler1
New Wolly

Postby cking1 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:52 am

I'm 28th aswell same as you mrsduffy2b Cant wait but really stressed out and panicking already :o(

So much to do!

Cutebride aint heard from you in a wee while lol where you been hiding! :o)ll

Wheres good to get invitations or where is a good place to start? I really need the help girls aint got a clue! xo
[/url]
cking1
New Wolly

Next

Return to Old Faithful