WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

6 days til The Northern Ireland Forum will be closed

Re: 25 days til The Northern Ireland Forum will be closed

Postby lstars » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:10 pm

admin wrote:Apologies for not posting sooner. :-8

The only forum in WOL.IE to date on a geographic basis is the Ni forum. We do not have a Munster, Connaught and leinster forum as our research showed that wollies would prefer a more integrated forum – with the whole country.As we now have a NI forum at http://www.weddingsonlineni.com the NI forum within the .IE site is being closed down.

Admin :wv

question so if your research showed that "wollies would prefer a more intgrated forum-with the WHOLE COUNTRY" why have you now chosen to segregate the northern wollies from that?? are we now not part of the country??? last time i checked, i was born, bred and raised in the island of ireland, and hold an irish passport. obviously i missed the memo that we were exclude from the "whole country" . but good to know.
lstars
Royal Wolly

Postby lucie lu » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:36 pm

"our research showed that wollies would prefer a more integrated forum – with the whole country"

Therefore, would you not have to rethink your position with regards to a separate NI forum? I may be stupid but is that not contradicting the wishes of the wollies?
An integrated forum sounds great! But is that not what we have now- with the 'whole country'?
I am sure WOL is not going to start discriminating against 'Northerners' by implying that Northern Ireland is not apart of this 'whole country' that you speak off.

I think a more prompt reply would be appreciated by us all.

Thankyou

lucie lu
Princess Wolly

Postby jellywellies » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:13 pm

I really dont understand what is going on in here ... surely us NI wols are suitably comfortable posting in here within the home of WOL ... I don't understand WHY you want to seperate us?? Who did you ask ... I as a NI WOL wasn't asked and by the sounds of the rest of the WOLs on this topic, they weren't asked either!!!

CONFUSED.COM
jellywellies
Woloholic

Postby lucie lu » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:30 pm

'We do not have a Munster, Connaught and leinster forum as our research showed that wollies would prefer a more integrated forum – with the whole'

Sorry to post again, but if we are being so geographically correct here- where exactly does that leave Donegal, Monaghan and Cavan- last time I checked they were part of Ulster- Not Northern Ireland. Where are the NI brides who support a separate NI forum? There are 3 pages of very unhappy people- nobody thinking this is a good idea.

I don't want to seem really picky posting so much about this, or cause trouble, I am just finding it really hard to understand.

lucie lu
Princess Wolly

Postby jellywellies » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:10 pm

Im with you lucie lu ... its ridiculous!!!
jellywellies
Woloholic

Postby LullaBelle11 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:31 pm

I can't believe admins response! I for 1 would love to see this "research". I am from NI but got married over the border. I would never have been bothered to go between two sites! Also WOLNI is total rubbish! It is only geared towards brides to be. I will definately not be using it! I think you need to seriously reconsider this idea admin as you might lose a lot of wollies! >:o(

TTC since May 2010
Next step ICSI... losing weight to get on the list
LullaBelle11
Royal Wolly

Postby lstars » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:44 pm

i an astonished at admin's last post- and i cant believe they havent even been bothered to come back with a response. very telling on what they really think of us.
lstars
Royal Wolly

Postby Everlong » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:40 pm

admin wrote:There is also alot of feedback among NI brides that a NI specific website would be beneficial – so NI brides now have the option to use both sites.

I'd like clarification of this supposed feedback as i'd be inclined to think that this sweeping statement not only squeals suspicious but reeks of utter b.s.
Everlong
New Wolly

Postby petersgirl » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:29 pm

It's clear most of us would rather keep the NI section of the forum :o0

Perhaps WOL would consider adding sections for the other provinces, as it is quite handy to talk to other brides more local about suppliers etc. ????

Admin would WOL consider this as an option?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

[/url]
petersgirl
Wolly Addict

Postby Mooches » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:01 pm

I'm not an NI wollie but I never before thought there was a need to distinguish, or discriminate for that matter.
I'm outraged that there would be such discrimination, it's awful. Why segregate the NI wollies, there are loads of Irish (and non-Irish) Wollies who live all over Europe, Oz and US, so are we to submit our postal address in order to be correctly categorised now??? >:o(

It's ridiculous! Maybe as someone else said have specific forums for Ulster, Munster, Connaught, Leinster, UK Wollies, US Wollies, Oz wollies etc. where does it stop?

I wouldn't be surprised after all this if admin suggest that NI brides post in the 'Weddings Abroad' section!!! >:o( O:|

Raging for all wollies (but especially the ones who happen to live in the 6 counties at the top of our country) >:o(

Cop on admin, end the discrimination now!
Image Image

Mooches
Princess Wolly

Postby petersgirl » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:12 pm

Also quite helpful for brides in the south to know about suppliers up here, or differences in prices etc. So it would be a shame to separate us.
[/url]

[/url]
petersgirl
Wolly Addict

Previous

Return to Old Faithful