WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Harlequin or Simon Casey?!?!

Harlequin or Simon Casey?!?!

Postby Sorcha2013 » Wed Feb 08, 2022 10:36 am

I am trying to decide between the two for my wedding next year. They both look great and I'm having difficulty deciding between the two. Is Harlequin worth the extra cost? Has anyone seen them play? Any feedback at all would be much appreciated!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Sorcha2013
New Wolly

Re: Harlequin or Simon Casey?!?!

Postby aidans24 » Wed Feb 08, 2022 3:20 pm

We had Harlequin and they were well worth the money! Great band and floor was full all night. Shane the lead singer is great at getting the crowd going!
aidans24
New Wolly

Postby crazyinlove78 » Wed Feb 08, 2022 3:23 pm

I can't comment on Harlequin, bit was at a wedding where Simon Casey played and they were fantastic, floor jammed all night long O:o)
[/url]
crazyinlove78
Princess Wolly

Postby Sorcha2013 » Wed Feb 08, 2022 3:58 pm

Thanks a mill - I'm based in London so won't have a chance to see any of them live. So hard to know!! Have listened to the same showreel about a million times for each of them! :)
[/url]
Sorcha2013
New Wolly

Postby SookieStackhouse » Wed Feb 08, 2022 5:25 pm

I have seen Harlequin play at a few friends weddings and they have always been fantastic I couldn't recommend them enough, we'd be on the floor for the night. You definitely are in safe hands booking them anyway. They were booked when I enquired for my wedding O:| Was raging!
FORMERLY HANDYMAMMY!

DS 7yo
DD 4yo
SookieStackhouse
Woloholic

Postby DizzyVic » Wed Feb 08, 2022 5:43 pm

We had simon casey at our wedding. He was amazing!! Everyone was raving about him. My sister in law actually said the one thing she'd change about her own wedding is that she would have booked simon casey!! I've been to a wedding where harlequinn played too and the dance floor was packed too. They are very good. But for me simon casey just had that little bit extra. Sure I was a big you're a star fan so to say simon casey played at our wedding was a big thing for me!! :o)ll
DizzyVic
Mini Wolly

Postby bales » Wed Feb 08, 2022 11:09 pm

We are having Simon Casey.I went to see him and we were delighted with him!He is very open to suggestions of songs that suit you!
[/url]
bales
Mini Wolly

Postby bondijunction » Wed Feb 08, 2022 11:19 pm

My cousin had Simon Casey and they were fantastic.

What prices are they both?
[/url]
bondijunction
Mini Wolly

Postby Make My Day Productions » Tue Feb 28, 2022 10:34 am

I haven't yet seen Harlequin play so can't comment on them. But I filmed a wedding in January at which Simon Casey provided the entertainment and the dance floor was absolutely packed the entire time I was there. Proof here:
http://vimeo.com/37540296

Make My Day Productions
WOL Network

Postby SookieStackhouse » Mon Mar 26, 2022 4:09 pm

So who did you go for in the end?
FORMERLY HANDYMAMMY!

DS 7yo
DD 4yo
SookieStackhouse
Woloholic

Postby lorrbridetobe12 » Mon Mar 26, 2022 4:30 pm

god i am not so sure you can compare harlequin and Simon Casey in the same category - Harlequin have won lots and lots of awards for being the best wedding band in Ireland for a couple of years running and if they are put up again the Conquerors then that's a tough choice and are very expensive to have for a wedding and we are having them at our wedding in couple of months as i have had people commenting on how brilliant they were and if your not happy with them they will refund you - what other band does that!! also they told me that in all the years they have played they have never had to give a refund that the floor was packed all night! and when i went to hear them sing i was blown away. they are in a league of there own. so dont think its right to compare them - i want a brill band and from all the people that have heard them they say they are brill so we are getting them, just my opinion.
lorrbridetobe12
Mini Wolly

Postby Sorcha2013 » Tue May 08, 2022 10:59 am

Went for Harlequin in the end. Thanks v much for all of your advice!!
[/url]
Sorcha2013
New Wolly

Postby bales » Tue May 08, 2022 1:34 pm

Either are really good,we will have a great night!A band is unique to each couple and it all depends on your style of wedding(classic or jumping around to rebal songs!!) and what type of music you and your guests will enjoy!
[/url]
bales
Mini Wolly

Postby SookieStackhouse » Wed May 09, 2022 4:00 pm

Sorcha2013 wrote:Went for Harlequin in the end. Thanks v much for all of your advice!!

Ah delighted to hear that. You'll have a great night!
FORMERLY HANDYMAMMY!

DS 7yo
DD 4yo
SookieStackhouse
Woloholic

Return to Old Faithful