WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

How to handle this without sounding like a right moan?

How to handle this without sounding like a right moan?

Postby CarolinaMoon » Wed May 09, 2022 11:12 am

All my bridesmaids are in or around London. They are all different sizes and shapes so I decided to have the dresses made and each dress would have a different top to it to suit the BM.

We met the dressmaker at xmas and she said the girls would want to come to her from April to start having fittings. I spoke to her in April and she said it was time for the girls to arrange to come to her and that they didn't have to come together, they could come individually.

I emailed the girls and asked them to contact her to arrange the visits as I am living over here and cannot go with them. They had agreed to do this. Yesterday the dressmaker phoned and not one of them has made an appointment or contacted her and she is "getting anxious". I phoned them all and not had a reply back. I don't want to be a bridezilla but I really want to kick their asses into gear. What do I do without going mental at them?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
CarolinaMoon
Wolly Addict

Re: How to handle this without sounding like a right moan?

Postby highbeam » Wed May 09, 2022 11:17 am

You may have to get tough with them. I would email/phone them and just remind them about it, say clock is ticking, the dressmaker was on to you and is getting anxious she is running out of time, please make the appointment asap as I don't want you walking up the aisle in your underwear. Don't go mad that they haven't done it but stress how much it needs to be done as soon as they can as in the next week or two.
highbeam
Wolly Addict

Postby shoveover » Wed May 09, 2022 11:22 am

Eeek! I'd keep phoning until I spoke to each of them. I think emails or text messages can be ignored too easily. I guess all you can do is stress to each of them how important it is and while I wouldn't get annoyed with them I would let them know that you are getting a little worried about the weeks ticking by
[/url]
shoveover
Mini Wolly

Postby SpillingMoonbeams » Wed May 09, 2022 11:26 am

That is stress you don't need! It seems like nagging but I would keep trying to contact them until you actually ghetto speak to them rather than leave a message. To avoid sounding like a moan I'd put all the blame on the dressmaker, she's the one getting worried about the time so you're not annoyed at them but worried for them! >:o) :o0
SpillingMoonbeams
New Wolly

Postby CarolinaMoon » Wed May 09, 2022 11:27 am

Thanks girls, I will phone again tonight and try and speak to them. I know they all have busy lives etc but this is getting a little urgent.....
[/url]
CarolinaMoon
Wolly Addict

Postby ciaraella » Wed May 09, 2022 11:29 am

I'd agree with the other posters, you're not being a bridezilla with 2 months to go!
It'd be different if it were a year away. I'd get on to them to get their rears in gear!

Baby led weaning and loving it!
ciaraella
Empress Wolly

Postby Bridester » Wed May 09, 2022 11:42 am

Aww, this is a terrible situation they have put you in, why do you think they are avoiding it?

I agree with the girls, that you need to talk to them about it and say calmly that you and the dressmaker are getting anxious about the delay as you worry that you won't have enough time to make everything the best it can be. Offer to make the appointments for them too if it might help, you know say well how would Saturday week suit you for say an hour, I'll see if the dressmakers has time then. Maybe they're just lazy!
Bridester
Princess Wolly

Postby lulu126 » Wed May 09, 2022 12:27 pm

Personally I woudn't worry about coming across as a moan. I'd explain that with only 2 months to go it's pretty urgent and tell them if they don't get to the dressmaker they won't have a dress for the day. That's the bottom line!
[/url]
lulu126
Mini Wolly

Postby AwkwardAnnie » Wed May 09, 2022 12:36 pm

Eh, you don't sound like a moan at all.

You need to get tough with them, unless they wanna walk down the aisle with ill-fitting dresses??
AwkwardAnnie
Wolly Addict

Postby flor » Wed May 09, 2022 1:04 pm

well, apart from being unfair on you, they are also being unfair on the dressmaker! Two months to go & the woman has 3 dresses to make, fit & alter, on top of her other work! I can imagine she's feeling a bit pressurised. I'd emphasise that with the girls.
I understand people have their own lives to lead & everything, but they either want to do it or they don't.
flor
Royal Wolly

Return to Old Faithful