WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

How Many Bottles of Wine Do We Need?!!

How Many Bottles of Wine Do We Need?!!

Postby UltimateProcrastinator » Thu May 03, 2022 10:04 pm

Guys I need help, I am mathematically challenged and can't work this out for myself.
We've got 300 guests, and we want to offer a choice of red or white wine while they're eating/for the toast. Our corkage is set at €5 per bottle, which i think is pretty reasonable, but I can't work out how many bottles of each I'll need to have.
We've got 30 tables of 10. I definitely do not want to be short on wine if anyone wants a second glass but we're not rolling in it so want to keep the cost as low as poss! Can anyone figure out what we need to buy?! PLEASE!!!

Thank you! xxx O:|
UltimateProcrastinator
New Wolly

Re: How Many Bottles of Wine Do We Need?!!

Postby happybride2012 » Thu May 03, 2022 10:47 pm

Oh that's quite the equation! I'm not sure what the average ratio is white v red - maybe the hotel can tell you that? All I know is they usually say 2 glasses per person i.e. half a bottle. So 1 bottle of wine for 2 people. And of course then there are people that don't drink wine or drink at all!
happybride2012
New Wolly

Postby rainbowgirl » Fri May 04, 2022 11:42 am

Wow 300 guests! I agree with happybride, its usually 2 glasses per person. Are you providing your own wine! Our corkage is also €5 which is very reasonable from what I've read on other posts. As we are providing our own it gives us great leeway to keep the cost down. No matter what price the wine is you have to always add on the corkage which does bring up the cost! With us our venue just said to go half and half. Its impossible to tell really especially with 300 people who drinks/doesn't drink wine and if it was a thing you were short then surely the hotel would provide a few bottles for you that hopefully won't break the bank.
rainbowgirl
New Wolly

Postby magss » Fri May 04, 2022 12:06 pm

cheers were not sure myself how many I’ll need ..

if 2 gls is ok per guest I’m very happy..

thought I'd have to allow 3-4 a person .. not doing a drink from the bar I hope!! so wine will be our toast drink also...

like most couples were on a budget .. cheers ..
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
magss
Mini Wolly

Postby nelle » Sun May 06, 2022 10:20 pm

Well, a half bottle per person so that's 150 bottles. We were advised 40/60, red/white so I'd say 60 bottles red, 90 bottles white. :wv
nelle
Mini Wolly

Postby magss » Thu May 10, 2022 11:35 pm

nelle wrote:Well, a half bottle per person so that's 150 bottles. We were advised 40/60, red/white so I'd say 60 bottles red, 90 bottles white. :wv

cool half a bottle per person .... sounds good ..
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
magss
Mini Wolly

Postby UltimateProcrastinator » Sat May 12, 2022 12:53 pm

excellent, thanks guys!
we're being awkward with our wedding, we have two ceremonies in one day! just immediate family at the church in a.m with proper lunch for them, and everybody else at a ceremony at hotel at 6 pm, light supper afterwards instead of full meal, but still want to give them wine!
It's actually working out quite well money wise, what most people spend on a meal for 300 is what we're spending on the entire wedding!

discussions on running off to vegas are a nightly thing now though!!

best of luck everyone with the planning! xx
UltimateProcrastinator
New Wolly

Return to Food and Drink