WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Gentlebirthing ?

Re: Gentlebirthing ?

Postby cornflakes » Thu Nov 17, 2021 2:07 pm

I received the cd's yesterday and am having problems with putting them on mp3 as well. Would appreciate links if they're available. I purchased on your site on Monday morning through papal. Thanks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
cornflakes
New Wolly

Postby peanut2011 » Thu Nov 17, 2021 5:03 pm

girls i think Tracy left WOL a few weeks back so best to contact her on her website http://www.gentlebirth.ie/
peanut2011
New Wolly

Postby CocoBeans » Sat Nov 19, 2021 7:02 pm

Thanks Peanut! I got in touch with Tracey and she sent on the CDS.
Me: 32 DH: 33 - TTC Since May 2009
DH: low sperm count, low mobilty and really high sperm morphology
ICSI May 2011 - BFP!!!!

Beautiful baby girl born Feb 2012
CocoBeans
Mini Wolly

Postby MrsB2011 » Sun Nov 20, 2021 8:20 pm

Just back from the weekend workshop. Have been working with the CDs for the last while and they are great. I definitely feel more confident about labour and just generally more informed about my options and why you might avoid certain types of interventions or at least delay them. My DH surprisingly enjoyed the workshop too, especially day 2 which is very practical. I'd say the CDs on their own work fine but for the partners the workshop is great. Just thought I would post for anyone who is considering it.
MrsB2011
Mini Wolly

Postby luckyblackcat » Mon Dec 12, 2021 3:16 pm

really interested in using gentlbirthing, am just 5 weeks now, havent seen a doc yet. can anyone recommend a gp in south dublin or dublin city whose been supportive of this/ understanding? if you dont want to post please pm me as i would love to make an appt soon
luckyblackcat
New Wolly

Postby Chubbums » Tue Dec 13, 2021 7:08 pm

I am interested in this too and was just thinking of purchasing the cd's...is this enough or is the workshop recommended in conjunction with the cds? Also am I thinking of this too late....I'm nearly 14 weeks, ie are they something I should have started listening to before this?
Private Facebook group now set up for all contributors to the WOL June 2012 Babies thread, PM me if you want to join :compress

Chubbums
Major Wolly

Postby AmandaMc » Wed Jan 04, 2022 10:25 am

Chubbums I'm 24 weeks and only started listening to the cds a few days ago. Some people don't start til week 30 or later.

Luckyblackcat you don't need a GP who is supportive of this as such- this is something I haven't mentioned to my GP or even my midwife yet (as I don't know what midwives will be there on the day). Your GP will have nothing to do with your labour. Most of what is outlined in the book is considered international best practice and it's something you do yourself in your own time - but it also empowers you to understand your options and how to avoid common routine practices (not routine in all hospitals of course). Midwife led units tend to be very progressive and after all my research on this pregnancy I will be going MLU for babs no 2. Perhaps see if there is an MLU near you?
AmandaMc
Wolly Addict

Postby AmandaMc » Wed Jan 04, 2022 10:30 am

Also chubbums while I'm doing the workshop I don't think it's necessary. I'm only doing it as Aviva covers most of the cost. So long as you are disciplined and listen to the cds regularly you should get a lot out of them. I would buy the cds first and see how you get on. If you decide you want to do the workshop down the line then the cost of the cds will be deducted from the cost of the course
AmandaMc
Wolly Addict

Postby Chubbums » Wed Jan 04, 2022 8:28 pm

Hi AmandaMc :wv

Thanks for your reply :thnk I think I'm gonna go for the home learning pack (or whatever it's called!) after getting a couple of other replies on another thread I started. I was just kinda worried I wouldn't get the use out of the programme as I didn't know if I'd have the time but I guess it's just a matter of making the time. I was also thinking I was starting too late but thanks to your reply you've put my mind at ease.

Thanks a mil for your input and best of luck with everything x
Private Facebook group now set up for all contributors to the WOL June 2012 Babies thread, PM me if you want to join :compress

Chubbums
Major Wolly

Postby PaniniRoses » Sun Jan 08, 2022 5:16 pm

Hi ladies,

I'm doing gentlebirth again for this baby, started at about 30 weeks last time and it was great, but I'm getting in early this time! I wasn't sleeping for the last 2 weeks and it's been brilliant for getting me off to a good night's sleep. Thing is though I've lost the book that came with the cds - does anyone have it on pdf or anything that they could maybe email me? I've pm'd Tracy at her new username (I hope!) so I've asked her too.

Thanks a mil,
PR
My gorgeous girl, born June 2010.

PaniniRoses
Woloholic

Postby TickleMeElmo » Sun Jan 15, 2022 2:10 pm

bumping this thread :wv
I've just purchased Antenatal Gentlebirth Antenatal Homestudy program so hope to give this a try. It's first baby for us so really have not a clue what's ahead or where to start with Gentlebirthing

TickleMeElmo
New Wolly

Postby fleurJuly2011 » Sun Jan 15, 2022 4:34 pm

Hi TickleMeElmo, I just bought it today aswell. I'm almost 32 weeks(first baby also), hopefully it's not too late! Birthing stories seem really positive so fingers crossed!
fleurJuly2011
New Wolly

Postby yonex » Tue Jan 24, 2022 6:20 pm

Just got me CD's today, so uploading to my IPhone at the moment so I can listen going to bed.
yonex
Royal Wolly

Postby bellababy » Tue Jan 31, 2022 12:00 pm

Tracy,

I'm incapable of staying awake for the birth rehersal. I've listened to it everyday at different times of the day and I get to the part about labour and next thing I know I've woken up and the brithing music is on!! I've tried different locations etc, any advice?

Thanks
bellababy
New Wolly

Postby twoboys » Thu Feb 02, 2022 9:04 pm

Hi Bella,

My advice would be - don't change anything! You're responding perfectly to the instructions on the CD. Believe it or not most GentleBirth mums never get to hear the full CD - I know I didn't - I was gone before the affirmations finished never mind the birth rehearsal track itself. :o0
twoboys
New Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Babies