WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Slimming world

Slimming world

Postby streaks » Mon Apr 09, 2022 6:17 pm

Thinking about joining tomorrow. Time to get in shape for summer again! Anyone know how much it costs to join? Any positive stories about it?
[url]http://www.TickerFactory.com
Image[/url]
streaks
Woloholic

Re: Slimming world

Postby JustJess » Mon Apr 09, 2022 7:00 pm

Hi

Haven't joined it myself (I stick to eat healthy 80% of time, walk everywhere, works for me ) but my sis did last year and swears by it.

Now was about a size 12-14 joining and is now a small 10. She loves it. Finds it very easy to stick to and doesn't feel as if she is on a diet. She told me what she's allowed and I was surprised by how much she could still eat. She much prefers it to WW

I think she only went to class a couple of times at the beginning. Like most successful plans, it's a change of lifestyle
JustJess
New Wolly

Postby Andi C. » Mon Apr 09, 2022 8:49 pm

I joined SW back in November and find it brilliant. Ive lost nearly a stone, well hope to hit the stone tomorrow eve at my weigh in. I should have lost more but i had christmas in the middle of it and a few weekends away as well so some weeks i was up.

Its very easy to follow and you never feel hungry on the plan and you can eat so much, its great.

I know about 5/6 other people on it who have all lost weight successfully so i highly recommend it.

The class is 9euro each time, think its 18 to join the first week.

Hope that helps.
Andi C.
Royal Wolly

Postby April13 » Tue Apr 10, 2022 2:53 pm

Im joining tonight!!!! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
April13
Mini Wolly

Postby highbeam » Tue Apr 10, 2022 2:59 pm

Might be worth grabbing a copy of reveal before you join this week. This was posted on our groups wall

In Reveal magazine on sale from today, Tuesday, 10 April 2022 there is a Chocolate Lover’s eating plan alongside an offer for Free Membership at readers’ nearest Slimming World group. New members joining will pay just €9 when they present a voucher to join group between Tuesday 10th April and Tuesday 17th April 2012 (dates inclusive)
highbeam
Wolly Addict

Postby April13 » Tue Apr 10, 2022 3:13 pm

highbeam wrote:Might be worth grabbing a copy of reveal before you join this week. This was posted on our groups wall

In Reveal magazine on sale from today, Tuesday, 10 April 2022 there is a Chocolate Lover’s eating plan alongside an offer for Free Membership at readers’ nearest Slimming World group. New members joining will pay just €9 when they present a voucher to join group between Tuesday 10th April and Tuesday 17th April 2012 (dates inclusive)

Thanks!¬!!! :)
[/url]
April13
Mini Wolly

Postby MrsWoggle » Tue Apr 10, 2022 3:34 pm

I joined the end of Jan & have lost 23lbs so far with minimal effort. There's a SW thread over in Health & Fitness too. Much prefer it to WW.

MrsWoggle
Royal Wolly

Postby April13 » Mon Apr 30, 2022 10:48 am

hi wollies,

Ive joined and now at it this wil be my 3rd weigh in tomara evening and i have 6 1/2 lb of so far!!!! :)

But my lovely h2b got a big pizza last night and i ate 2 slices of it and now im really pee'd off cuz im afriad ill have weight on tomara night and i no im being silly but im worried over 2 flipping slices of pizza!!!1

(they were yum by the way!!!!)
[/url]
April13
Mini Wolly

Postby digsy » Mon Apr 30, 2022 2:16 pm

€9 for a class, what a rip off. I go in the North and its £4.95 a class. Really with the exchange rate that doesnt make sense.
Anyway sorry was just suprised by that price. I joined in November and have 19lb off so far, i love it and so much prefer it to Weight Watchers. There is no counting, you can eat loads and its just easier to follow imo.
digsy
Princess Wolly

Postby April13 » Mon Apr 30, 2022 2:53 pm

its brilliant - its expensive i no but Dieting is expensive!!!!!

Its the only thing that ever worked for me!!!! Where do u go to class?
[/url]
April13
Mini Wolly

Postby digsy » Mon Apr 30, 2022 3:06 pm

armagh. I know its great but i cant see why they charge €9 in the south and £4.95 in the north for exactly the same thing. I think if you live in a border region you should head north.
digsy
Princess Wolly

Postby ammygirl » Mon Apr 30, 2022 3:08 pm

Hi Guys, I joined W.W. two weeks ago I'm really enjoying that. I tried slimming world a few months ago but the meetings were endless. The meeting used to last over 2 hours. Now I go to w.w and i'm in and out in 45 mins. Laughin. I've lost 8 pounds in the two weeks too so well pleased. Good luck with whatever plan you choose to take. xx O:o)
ammygirl
New Wolly

Postby April13 » Mon Apr 30, 2022 3:10 pm

ammygirl wrote:Hi Guys, I joined W.W. two weeks ago I'm really enjoying that. I tried slimming world a few months ago but the meetings were endless. The meeting used to last over 2 hours. Now I go to w.w and i'm in and out in 45 mins. Laughin. I've lost 8 pounds in the two weeks too so well pleased. Good luck with whatever plan you choose to take. xx O:o)

I went to WW for a while and went to Slimming World and lost 3 stone, lost the run of myself and put it all back on in a year and half so bk to Sw!!!! :o(
[/url]
April13
Mini Wolly

Postby digsy » Mon Apr 30, 2022 3:11 pm

i dont go to the meetings but doubt they last 2 hours, used to go at the start but find it ok doing my own thing so i can be in and out in 5 mins at sw!
digsy
Princess Wolly

Postby streaks » Mon Apr 30, 2022 3:12 pm

digsy wrote:armagh. I know its great but i cant see why they charge €9 in the south and £4.95 in the north for exactly the same thing. I think if you live in a border region you should head north.

Ah we're used to getting scrEwed in every way down here. Not much we can do about it, a bit like everything else really!!
[url]http://www.TickerFactory.com
Image[/url]
streaks
Woloholic

Next

Return to Off Topic