WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Villamoura 2013

Villamoura 2013

Postby car26 » Sun Apr 15, 2022 8:50 pm

Hi girls....just wondering if there's anyone getting married this year or next year in Villamoura? Would love to be able to share ideas/recommendations. We've decided on Os Agostos as our venue....would b great to hear from anyone whos had their wedding or been to a wedding here. Thanks :)
car26
New Wolly

Re: Villamoura 2013

Postby irishinlondon » Sun Apr 22, 2022 2:47 pm

Hi,
We've just booked our wedding for May 2013. We choose the G.R Santa Eulalia which is about 20 mins from Vilamoura. We are planning on basing the night before and the day after in Vilamoura. We booked the Business Band for our wedding, after going to hear them play, and we are in the middle of booking a singer for the day after - a Galway guy that we heard play in a pub in Vilamoura a few weeks ago.
We are using Algarve Wedding Planners - they've been fantastic so far, lots of great advice and both Paula and Karina were very helpful when we visited and choose our venue.
I'm just in the early stages of planning it but would love to swap ideas/advice with anyone else.
Would also love to hear from anyone who has had the BB play for their wedding?
:xox
Last edited by irishinlondon on Mon Apr 23, 2022 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irishinlondon
New Wolly

Postby amyh811 » Mon Apr 23, 2022 11:47 am

We are getting married at the GRSE next May too!!
What date are you having?
amyh811
New Wolly

Postby buzybride » Mon Apr 23, 2022 12:01 pm

We are getting married in the Grande Real as well I think it is abit away from the Vilamoura area, though when we visited the Algarve we had heard good reports from other Brides and we did a little research ourselves of the preference on locations, We have booked our wedding with Simplicity Events, Jacqui has been great, we have met with her so far four times as she is back and forth between the Algarve and Ireland, she has been really patient with us, well me really.... LOL. :innocent:

We have booked Twin Flames for our wedding, they are suppose to be a great band these are a Girl /Guy band. I haven't heard them yet and were told they were in Dublin but we didn't get a chance to go and see them as we are too far from Dublin. So we are going on recommendations from Jacqui, and we saw the You tube of them, though We were told that this does not do them justice.
We have the photographer booked, the DJ is part of their package, which is great! Flowers also are part of their package so we only have to get button holes and our bouquets.
We are also at the early stages so really have to figure our colour theme.
Bridesmaid have different colour ideas, LOL... It is so exciting, everytime I meet Jacqui it brings the whole thing closer to reality. :compress
Makes my head spin thinking about it!1 I am getting excited....
Just the paperwork for the church is abit dawnting, but again Jacqui has talked me through this a few time.
O:o)
buzybride
New Wolly

Postby soon2bmrseb » Mon Apr 23, 2022 12:23 pm

Hi girls,
We're getting married in a few weeks at the Grande Real Santa Eulalia. If you're still looking for a band, we will have Double Cocktail playing at ours. I have met Dave & Steffie a few times already and let me tell you they are absolutely great, they are so easy to work with and are great craic too! I would definetely recommend them.
Also, you probably have your wedding planners at this stage but Paula, Karina and Valérie from Algarve Weddin Planners have been great, so easy to deal with and they will look after everything.
Have fun planning!! xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
soon2bmrseb
New Wolly

Postby DOUBLE COCKTAIL ALGARVE BAND and COSTA DEL SOL BAND » Mon Apr 23, 2022 2:02 pm

soon2bmrseb wrote:Hi girls,
We're getting married in a few weeks at the Grande Real Santa Eulalia. If you're still looking for a band, we will have Double Cocktail playing at ours. I have met Dave & Steffie a few times already and let me tell you they are absolutely great, they are so easy to work with and are great craic too! I would definetely recommend them.
Also, you probably have your wedding planners at this stage but Paula, Karina and Valérie from Algarve Weddin Planners have been great, so easy to deal with and they will look after everything.
Have fun planning!! xx

Hi to all Vilamoura brides and thanks to soon2bmrseb for your beautiful words above it was great meeting you in Dublin.

Delighted to see we have so many Irish brides getting married in Vilamoura this and next season. My partner Dave and I live very close and I have been performing for 4 years weddings in this area and can truly say The Grande Real Santa Eulália le Club is one of our favourite venues.

The food is amazing and staff is fabulous. As far as the party goes we can have a GRAND party at le club and really rock you guys till the early hours as there are no sound restrictions which is very special for a hotel these days.

As many of you probably already heard Double Cocktail is a fully independend Band now, meaning we will be able to perform your wedding in combination with all wedding planners working this hotel. We also have couples that booked us directly for this venue , but besides that we arrange music/ perform weddings for : Carla and Noelia at Sonho A Dois Algarve weddings and Events, Jacqui from simplicity Events Ireland, and Algarve wedding planners to mention a few. We wish you all great fun in planning your weddings and please have a look at below links to get you started .

DC at fabulous le Club:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL048 ... mpQA-eo90s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL048 ... u34lznq-9k

DC Ceremony duo at Albufeira Church
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qYyxS5I ... 2043076B03

DC Ceremony duo at Bouliqueime church
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4ZWEjOq ... re=related

DC Ceremony duo at the Outside civil ceremony or blessing: Seas Lounge GRSE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k9ndYvp ... 2043076B03

Besides the fabulous Le club we also have been performing grand parties at the Santa Eulália Restaurant right at the beach and the Pergola restaurant next to the reception area where we perform for small weddings.
Photo DC @ Le Club:
Le club1.jpg (82.59 KiB) Viewed 807 times

le club2.jpg (45.98 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Photo DC @ Santa Eulalia Restaurant:
Double Cocktail Awarded Wedding Band.jpg (36.64 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Photo DC @ Pergola restaurant
DC @ Pergola Restaurant GRSE.jpg (97.02 KiB) Viewed 774 times

DC @ Seas Lounge
DC Ceremony Duo at seas lounge GRSE.jpg (21.38 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Fun at the Seas Lounge just after ceremony.jpg (27.11 KiB) Viewed 807 times

WOL_logo_winner_2009_shortlisted_2012.jpg (43.9 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Last edited by DOUBLE COCKTAIL ALGARVE BAND and COSTA DEL SOL BAND on Mon Apr 23, 2022 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Double Cocktail
THE AWARDED WEDDING BAND ALGARVE and COSTA DEL SOL

http://www.doublecocktail.com
[email protected]
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/doublecocktailband
ALGARVE MUSIC AGENCY
http://www.algarvemusicagency.com

DOUBLE COCKTAIL ALGARVE BAND and COSTA DEL SOL BAND
Mini Wolly

Postby algarveweddingplanners » Mon Apr 23, 2022 3:48 pm

We start working with Twin Flames last year and they are AMAZING as band and as well fantastic people Great Choice O-O

Portugal has talent :) that is for sure
[email protected]
00 351 964 247 448

algarveweddingplanners
WOL Network

Postby irishinlondon » Mon Apr 23, 2022 7:29 pm

We're getting married on Sat May 25th, what about you Amyh811?
It's great to hear such positive comments about GRSE!
irishinlondon
New Wolly

Postby sunshinewedding78 » Tue Apr 24, 2022 9:37 am

Hi Girls,
Congrats on your up coming weddings!!! Its so exciting I would love to be doing it all again. We got married last May ( first anniversary is coming up) We had our reception in GRSE. It was amazing. The staff and service were amazing. When we arrived at the hotel, we had our cocktail reception overlooking the beach. The views were breath taking and everyone was amazed :compress . We had a guy called Adam sing rat pack music for our guests. We got him through the Algarve Music Agency and he was brilliant, our guests loved him.

We then moved down on to a terrace with amazing views again!! for our meal. Its such a special feeling to be outside in the sunshine for the wedding meal with your nearest and dearest. The food was amazing and nothing was to much trouble. We felt like a king and Queen for the day!! We had people with special dietary requirements, and there was no hassle. The hotel just wanted to give us the best day ever. And they did.

After the meal we moved in to Le Club, where Double Cocktail played the most amazing music and had everyone off there feet, on the dance floor.They rocked the night away. They are truely amazing, they catered for all ages from the aunties and uncles and parents to the young ones. They even had BUBBLES been blown on the dance floor, which made for a magical setting.
For anyone that has not booked music, check out Double Cocktail. I would highly recomment them to you all. With the party they provided.. and the views, food and service from the hotel. It was the best day of our lives. I would love to do it again. This time last year we had the bags packed and were ready to head to Portugal :o( Would love to do it again.
With GRSE and Double Cocktail... you have a setting for the best day ever.

P.S we danced so much to the music, we had to get a couples massage in the spa in the hotel the next morning. The legs were danced off us :o)ll It was truely amazing and the massage was the perfect ending to a magical day fit for a prince and princess.

Any questions PM me if anyone needs advice. Enjoy the build up ladies, the day flies by

xxx
sunshinewedding78
New Wolly

Postby amyh811 » Tue Apr 24, 2022 10:44 am

Irish in London, we are the week after you! Friday 31st may!
I bought my dress this weekend and we have the photographer booked as well as hair and make up. My boyfriends band are playing an hour or so before the dj.
Paula and Karina have been amazing, nothing is too much trouble. They even met us Christmas week in Portugal so we could book it!
Where abouts in London are you? I'm english but my boyfriends parents are both Irish (Clare). We go over there a few times a year to see everyone.
Not many English couples seem to marry in Portugal so it's nice to come on here and read all the news. Are you guys having church ceremonies? We're having a civil ceremony on the roof terrace bit of le club!
amyh811
New Wolly

Postby car26 » Tue Apr 24, 2022 7:05 pm

irishinlondon wrote:Hi,
We are planning on basing the night before and the day after in Vilamoura. We booked the Business Band for our wedding, after going to hear them play, and we are in the middle of booking a singer for the day after - a Galway guy that we heard play in a pub in Vilamoura a few weeks ago.
We are using Algarve Wedding Planners - they've been fantastic so far, lots of great advice and both Paula and Karina were very helpful when we visited and choose our venue.

:xox

Great to see all the replies!! That sounds like a great idea Irishinlondon....does that guy from galway usually do parties like that? We are going over to Villamoura in a couple of weeks, would love to hear him. I haven't heard of the Business Band before either...still in very early stages myself but really want to get the music right!! Going to try and see Twin Flames while we are over too.
Have you been over to see your venue?
car26
New Wolly

Postby irishinlondon » Wed Apr 25, 2022 5:13 pm

Hi again!
AmyH, I live in North London, moved over ere 8 years ago from Galway for a year and I'm still here! My boyfriend was born over here but his parents are from Galway and Mayo..Agree that not a lot of English going to Portugal and not much on their wedding forums about weddings abroad so this website is great! Well done on getting your dress..I haven't started yet :eek

Car26, we were in Portugal the week before Easter and visited a number of venues and finally choose GRSU, the views from it won it for us really! The music is something we are really hoping to get right too...We went to hear the business band play in a restaurant about 20 mins (in a cab) from Vilamoura, in Vale de Lobo, they play there every Tuesday night and we really liked them, they sounded good, played a big range of things and were great at chatting to the crowd and getting people involved and up. We were going to go later in the week to hear Twin Flames in Alvor but decided against it as we werre really happy with the BB. The wedding planners highly recommended both bands though! The guy from Galway, Colm Kelly was playing in O'Shea's in VIlamoura (think he plays in a few different places), again he was really good at intereacting with the crowd and played the kind of songs you would need for a next day party - really getting everyone on thier feet and he played loads of lively Irish tunes. We asked our wedding planners about him and they said he does weddings, parties etc so they are going to contact him for us and see if he will do the day after. :yelrotflmaosmilie:
irishinlondon
New Wolly

Postby DOUBLE COCKTAIL ALGARVE BAND and COSTA DEL SOL BAND » Wed Apr 25, 2022 7:59 pm

sunshinewedding78 wrote:Hi Girls,
Congrats on your up coming weddings!!! Its so exciting I would love to be doing it all again. We got married last May ( first anniversary is coming up) We had our reception in GRSE. It was amazing. The staff and service were amazing. When we arrived at the hotel, we had our cocktail reception overlooking the beach. The views were breath taking and everyone was amazed :compress . We had a guy called Adam sing rat pack music for our guests. We got him through the Algarve Music Agency and he was brilliant, our guests loved him.

We then moved down on to a terrace with amazing views again!! for our meal. Its such a special feeling to be outside in the sunshine for the wedding meal with your nearest and dearest. The food was amazing and nothing was to much trouble. We felt like a king and Queen for the day!! We had people with special dietary requirements, and there was no hassle. The hotel just wanted to give us the best day ever. And they did.

After the meal we moved in to Le Club, where Double Cocktail played the most amazing music and had everyone off there feet, on the dance floor.They rocked the night away. They are truely amazing, they catered for all ages from the aunties and uncles and parents to the young ones. They even had BUBBLES been blown on the dance floor, which made for a magical setting.
For anyone that has not booked music, check out Double Cocktail. I would highly recomment them to you all. With the party they provided.. and the views, food and service from the hotel. It was the best day of our lives. I would love to do it again. This time last year we had the bags packed and were ready to head to Portugal :o( Would love to do it again.
With GRSE and Double Cocktail... you have a setting for the best day ever.

P.S we danced so much to the music, we had to get a couples massage in the spa in the hotel the next morning. The legs were danced off us :o)ll It was truely amazing and the massage was the perfect ending to a magical day fit for a prince and princess.

Any questions PM me if anyone needs advice. Enjoy the build up ladies, the day flies by

xxx

Hi Sunshinewedding78,

thanks a million for your lovely feedback above hopefully see you back soon in the sunny algarve. :o)ll

To all Vilamoura brides, looking for quality wedding music we have
throughout the season live showcases at the "HOLE IN ONE BAR" - Marina Vilamoura…..(Next to O´Neills)
HOLE IN ONE BAR MARINA VILAMOURA.jpg (82.94 KiB) Viewed 501 times

Clip of one of our live shows @ the Hole in One Bar Vilamoura Harbour: http://youtu.be/W-q1gp_KYXk

Hole in One 4.jpg (37.14 KiB) Viewed 501 times

Feel free to email [email protected] or visit our website http://www.doublecocktail.com

Cheers Dave and Steffie :wv
The Awarded Wedding Band DOUBLE COCKTAIL
WOL_logo_winner_2009_shortlisted_2012.jpg (43.9 KiB) Viewed 669 times
Last edited by DOUBLE COCKTAIL ALGARVE BAND and COSTA DEL SOL BAND on Mon May 07, 2022 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Double Cocktail
THE AWARDED WEDDING BAND ALGARVE and COSTA DEL SOL

http://www.doublecocktail.com
[email protected]
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/doublecocktailband
ALGARVE MUSIC AGENCY
http://www.algarvemusicagency.com

DOUBLE COCKTAIL ALGARVE BAND and COSTA DEL SOL BAND
Mini Wolly

Postby meadow » Thu Apr 26, 2022 11:53 am

Hi Everyone,
I'm just at the starting blocks.. just at the point of deciding if we go away or stay at home.. Yet to announce our engagement too!! - We should be announcing it in the next 2 weeks hopefully!!! I can't wait to tell my girlfriends... our parents know already.. bursting to tell the girls though!!

So - how are you finding it with regards to your guests.. how are people reacting to going abroad for your wedding... I must say looking over everyone's plans and sneaking a peak at some wedding planners.. this is really something that I would really love to do..

My H2B is more of a homebird though.. so he will need some enticing.. just wondering if you have some wedding planners.. or specific venues to recommend...

Congrats to all.. and enjoy the planning..
meadow
New Wolly

Postby buzybride » Thu Apr 26, 2022 1:19 pm

Hi ya Meadow,
I can understand your concerns whether to say in Ireland or abroad, I had always said I would never get married in Ireland, this was always my dream, thankfully my HB2B was thankfully much the same.

The fact also that there will nearly be guaranteed sun, we went to a wedding in July one year and the weather was terrible for the Bride and Groom, and thought I really don't want that.

We met with our planner Jacqui from Simplicity Events and she was telling us how at the end of the day, the guests always tell her what a great day and would never see anything like it in Ireland.

I would recommend maybe meeting a planner, I know that Jacqui is in Ireland as well as in Portugal.

I really hope that it works out for you and some gentle persuasion with HB2B. :)
buzybride
New Wolly

Next

Return to Weddings Abroad