WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Mortgage debt forgiveness?

Re: Mortgage debt forgiveness?

Postby perfection » Tue May 01, 2022 11:40 am

what is exceptional needs payments... ive never heard of this.
GUESS WHAT...i cant get my ticker working and ive given up trying!!!!!!!
perfection
Princess Wolly

Postby hestia » Tue May 01, 2022 11:44 am

What foreigners are you referring to exactly?
Formerly known as Prince
hestia
Wolly Addict

Postby perfection » Tue May 01, 2022 11:53 am

hestia...i am reffering to the ones that come to this country and know what an easy ride they will get here, how rediclious our sw system is... they come here to sponge and have no intentions of working to earn a living just to get handouts...
i dont know of ANYONE who has gone to australia to sign on there sw because they wouldnt get into the country!!!
perfection
Princess Wolly

Postby hestia » Tue May 01, 2022 11:57 am

Who, exactly?
Formerly known as Prince
hestia
Wolly Addict

Postby perfection » Tue May 01, 2022 12:00 pm

jesus what do u want me to say... mary joe and barry... i dont know there names!!!
perfection
Princess Wolly

Postby theoracle » Tue May 01, 2022 12:01 pm

Perfection, I think what you are saying is 'rediclious'.

While I don't know of any of 'those' kind of foreigners you refer to, I know of a great number who work hard and have started businesses and are employing people.

You are just coming across as somebody who is bitter about their own situation and is looking for somebody to castigate. Nobody here is naive. Of course SW fraud happens - it is just not as epidemic nor endemic to the groups you point your finger at.
theoracle
Most Helpful, Most Knowledgeable User 2011

Postby perfection » Tue May 01, 2022 12:06 pm

yes i prob am bitter... but rediclious not!
perfection
Princess Wolly

Postby hestia » Tue May 01, 2022 12:14 pm

perfection wrote:jesus what do u want me to say... mary joe and barry... i dont know there names!!!

Accusations based on sensationalist headlines and overt xenophobia are no substitute for reasoned argument or common sense.

Oracle is spot on.
Formerly known as Prince
hestia
Wolly Addict

Postby dymo2 » Tue May 01, 2022 1:03 pm

I just dont understand what mortage debt forgiveness has to do with social welfare fraud they are two diffrent things.Yes social welfare fraud is there but it has always been and that is never going to change.it was also there in the good times and nothing was done about it then and it wont change.
dymo2
Major Wolly

Postby Anne Cordelia Shirley » Tue May 01, 2022 1:07 pm

dymo2 wrote:I just dont understand what mortage debt forgiveness has to do with social welfare fraud they are two diffrent things.Yes social welfare fraud is there but it has always been and that is never going to change.it was also there in the good times and nothing was done about it then and it wont change.

The point is perfection is referring to people getting handouts freely and easily from the State, while at the same time wanting the Government to help her out of her mortgage-based difficulties. There's a massive irony in condeming some people for getting help from the State and then demanding help for yourself.
Also, there were 12,000 investigations into SW fraud last year, so there is something being done about it. It's all very well to want State help, but don't tar everyone who gets help as a fraudulent single parent or foreigner scamming the system. And if you do know about fraud, report it because it affects us all.
Anne Cordelia Shirley
Woloholic

Postby PussyGalore » Tue May 01, 2022 2:43 pm

theoracle wrote:Perfection, I think what you are saying is 'rediclious'.

While I don't know of any of 'those' kind of foreigners you refer to, I know of a great number who work hard and have started businesses and are employing people.

You are just coming across as somebody who is bitter about their own situation and is looking for somebody to castigate. Nobody here is naive. Of course SW fraud happens - it is just not as epidemic nor endemic to the groups you point your finger at.

You said it Oracle.

My husband came to Ireland in 2009 (before I met him) as a student. To be allowed to enter the country he had to have €5,000 in a bank account here. Every year he has to go to immigration and have his visa renewed. He is a hard worker and is entitled to nothing in this country even though he's taxed, like everybody else is. We are also struggling to manage the mortgage on our home, also in NE, and I also think twice before I take my car out/use my phone or buy any non-essential items.

Your griping about foreigners and single parents sponging off the state is sensationalist and incredibly insulting. I won't comment on your inability to spell or write coherent sentences :action34
To get around the Wol Zapper, spell my name as: Pu$$y Galore!
Oh yeah, and I was formerly shumbles!

Another Wollie with a blog:
365 Photography Project: http://pixbyshumbles.wordpress.com/
PussyGalore
Best Wedding Report 2011

Postby SandyClaws » Tue May 01, 2022 3:34 pm

perfection wrote:jesus what do u want me to say... mary joe and barry... i dont know there names!!!

I doubt their surname is "Barry" if they're "foreigners"

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Baby #1 due September 2011 mummy and daddy can't wait to meet Baby Claws xx
SandyClaws
Woloholic

Postby ciaraella » Tue May 01, 2022 3:36 pm

SandyClaws wrote:
I doubt their surname is "Barry" if they're "foreigners"

:yelrotflmaosmilie:

Baby led weaning and loving it!
ciaraella
Empress Wolly

Postby mammy2011 » Tue May 01, 2022 8:18 pm

Perfection, ye oversubscribed to credit. Re-mortgaging a house so soon to do it up and at a time when it was heavily reported the crash was coming was foolish. So you are a part of the financial problem in this country. Like it or not its a fact. I feel sorry for anyone who finds themselves in dire straits now cos i know it isn't easy but lashing out and making stupid remarks about people on SW is not going to change your situation.
mammy2011
Major Wolly

Postby Littlebo » Thu May 03, 2022 12:50 am

I have to agree. I made my opinions known but it is not part of the deflection onto Social Welfare fraud issues. That's another argument. This one was on Mortgage Debt forgiveness.

RIDICULOUS btw...that is how you spell it,,,I can't help it. I'm sorry.
Littlebo
Woloholic

Previous

Return to Off Topic