WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Leaky Ceilling

Leaky Ceilling

Postby Carriedaway » Wed May 02, 2022 9:49 am

hi,

I discovered 3 big wet stains on the ceiling and wall in my spare bedroom this morning. I was just wondering if we would have the right to get onto the builders and ask them to fix it?
we are in the house 16 months, it was a new build, builders are still on site.

the thing that worries me is that my friend bought a house 2 years ago off the same builder in a different estate and shes had 6 leaks fixed by them already. Hers were worse though her whole sitting room ceiling caved in!!

Will the builders tell us to just feck off any one offer any advice on if the builders would have to fix this?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Carriedaway
Mini Wolly

Re: Leaky Ceilling

Postby theoracle » Wed May 02, 2022 11:06 am

Your chances are pretty good if your home is covered by a home bond: http://www.homebond.ie/
theoracle
Most Helpful, Most Knowledgeable User 2011

Postby Carriedaway » Wed May 02, 2022 3:01 pm

Yeah it is covered under home bond but OH says that only covers for structural damage >:o(
[/url]
Carriedaway
Mini Wolly

Postby theoracle » Wed May 02, 2022 3:09 pm

I thought they covered water ingress too - all you can do is ask and see what they say. If they are not willing to do anything about it and push comes to shove, you may put in a claim under your own home insurance, or maybe your own hoem insurance might be able to tell you whether there is any clause that obligates the builder. I'll ask hubby too, he is in building trade so might know...
theoracle

Postby PaniniRoses » Wed May 02, 2022 7:51 pm

It might not be the same because for us it's an apartment, but we're (via solr) forcing the builders to repair work which lead to water damage in our sitting room ceiling and I'm 90% sure it's covered under the homebond guarantee. I'd absolutely ask them if they are still on site, you never know, it could be something really simple (fingers crossed!).
My gorgeous girl, born June 2010.

PaniniRoses
Woloholic

Postby Carriedaway » Thu May 03, 2022 10:09 am

Thanks girls, getting some one out to look at it today, looks like its the roof thats leaking and not any pipes. Ill see how big of a job it is to get fixed before i get onto the builders
[/url]
Carriedaway
Mini Wolly

Postby theoracle » Thu May 03, 2022 10:25 am

If its the roof, it is definitely covered by home-bond guarantee. Best of luck, hope it isn't too bad.
theoracle

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests

We strive for excellence in our service to our customers to ensure quality and reliability of audio & video productions at an affordable cost.

Looking for a unique and eye-catching addition to your wedding day or special event? Then look no further than the Candy Cart Company.

110% Live, packages available to suit all budgets, Church Music, Reception Band, Irish Dancers and D.J..

For your wedding venue, one of Europe's great treasures and Ireland's most famous House & Gardens.

With professional experience and huge creativity, we will create a tailor made video that is unique to you.

With almost 40 years experience in the bridal industry, the place to visit when looking for your wedding gown.

Catering for any wedding reception or civil ceremony from 50 300 guests. One of Tipperary's top venues

We take vibrant, natural, informal wedding photographs that capture the personalities of each of our couples.

Embrace Bridal Gorey Wexford, Stockist of Ella by Essence, Mori Lee by Madeline Gardiner, Blu, Voyage, Angelina Faccenda, Affairs & also a wide range of accessories.

Whether you're planning a celebration that's traditional or trendy, festive or formal, intimate or grand scale, your wedding at Cork International Airport Hotel will be everything you and your partner dreamed.

We create imaginative, entertaining and innovative videos. We use High Definition compact digital cameras and employ a discreet, photojournalistic style. We are completely unobtrusive, yet with a two camera shoot, dont miss a thing.

We offer indoor and outdoor seating hire for your special day.

Photographing weddings over a period of more than twenty five years - Limerick based.

Contemporary new venue which can cater for weddings of up to 100 guests.

I have played at select weddings over the last 25 years and I treat each and every one as a special and personal occasion.

Elegant decor, excellent service, breathtaking views make The Maritime Hotel West Cork's foremost wedding venue.

Capture the sights and sounds of your special day forever on DVD. Discreet and unobtrusive.

Getaway Wedding Cars are committed to providing a professional, superior wedding service.

We are committed to working with our clients to give them guaranteed satisfaction, and a quality and reliable service for their special day.

This range of experience is evident in her approach to your wedding music, which she can guide you through for a that extra special ceremony.

Church Musician/Vocals, piano and organ (optional). 13 years experience.

White Orchid Bridal Boutique designers: Tara Keely, WODA, Mikaella, Linea Raffaelli, Art Couture and Bellice.

Why choose us?Simple. We are absolutely dedicated to your special day. We know how important your wedding day is. Call Nessa on 01 2870811 to book an appointment.

A Place to Celebrate, a place where your perfect day dreams come true!

Whites of Wexfordcontemporary elegance in a unique setting.

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk is the perfect venue for your Big Day, something very important to every show-stopping bride!

Solis Lough Eske Castle is redefining luxury in the North West. Modern and elegant, it is the perfect place to hold your wedding ceremony and reception. The elegant ballroom extends into your own exclusive tranquil gardens which offer fantastic picture opportunities. Theres also a number of specially commissioned pieces of artwork throughout the grounds for more unique and memorable backdrops to your photographs.

Weddings at Carlton Millrace Hotel Wexford are a very special occasion - we host just one wedding per day in our unique Wexford Wedding Venue.

We will provide you with comfort and sophistication on your special day and make it the most memorable of occasions.

providing a bespoke wedding planning service in Marbella on the Costa del Sol and surrounding areas.