WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

song lyrics you got wrong!

song lyrics you got wrong!

Postby mackenzie » Thu May 03, 2022 8:03 pm

I always thought the song "Betty Davis Eyes" I thought the lyrics were -
she's had better days alive, until one day I heard the name of the song :-8
anyone else!
mackenzie
New Wolly

Re: song lyrics you got wrong!

Postby Sallyk » Thu May 03, 2022 9:53 pm

Where to begin lol up until I was about 18 I thought the new years song auld Lang sye. Was Old anxiety!!! And my daughter for years went around singing it's raining it's boring!!! Lol...
Sallyk
New Wolly

Postby MinnietheMinx » Fri May 04, 2022 8:14 am

I constantly get the words to songs wrong.

Most recently was Bressie "Break My Fall" which I hear as Break my Balls, Break my Balls in the chorus
MinnietheMinx
Wolly Addict

Postby Ellefun » Fri May 04, 2022 8:22 am

My niece kept getting the Arcade Fire song mixed up and singing with gusto "You've your raisins..." Should be reasons.

The Jamiroquai song "candy in heels".... instead of canned heat...

There are loads. DH thinks I'm gas (or should that be annoying!) because I insist on warbling along to songs on the radio even when I haven't the foggiest of the lyrics. I just make it up as I go along.
Ellefun
Mini Wolly

Postby StupidSexyFlanders » Fri May 04, 2022 8:46 am

When Britney Spears "Hit Me Baby One More Time" came out my brother (who was only 9 at the time in fairness) thought the opening line was "Oh Baden, Baden" as in she was singing to her boyfriend, Baden.

H thought the lyrics to the song "Friends in Low Places" by Garth brooks included "I showed up in boots and ruined your black tie and hair" rather than "Black tie affair".
StupidSexyFlanders
Best Username 2011

Postby flomeo » Fri May 04, 2022 9:20 am

Oh a mulitude!
Think there is something wrong with my ears/brain with things like these.
I used to think "Rhinestone Cowboy" was "Limestone cowboy" until about 3 years ago would be happily singing "like a limestone cowboy, doo doooo....."

Also which my OH finds hilarious is how I effed up the Kenny and Dolly classic- "Islands in the stream"- I used to think it was "Irelands Industry"
The fact that big Kenny and Dolly would be singing about Irelands industry and us relying on each other obviously didnt strike me as strange.....
Bryan Adams Summer of 69- The real words are - "Got my first real six string"
I used to sing- "got my first real sex dream"! m Then the next lines are about playing til my fingers bled and I used to be thinking this song is really dirty, how is it on morning radio!
:yelrotflmaosmilie:

I love hearing mistakes people make with these!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
flomeo
Mini Wolly

Postby Time For A Change » Fri May 04, 2022 9:38 am

mackenzie wrote:I always thought the song "Betty Davis Eyes" I thought the lyrics were -
she's had better days alive, until one day I heard the name of the song :-8
anyone else!

:innocent: I thought it was only me who thought that one!!! I've many more that I misheard,but too many to list....... :o0
Time For A Change
Ultimate Wolly

there - BUT ALWAYS ON
BLOODY TIME!........

Postby Dot Cotton » Fri May 04, 2022 8:47 pm

[quote="flomeo"

Also which my OH finds hilarious is how I effed up the Kenny and Dolly classic- "Islands in the stream"- I used to think it was "Irelands Industry"
The fact that big Kenny and Dolly would be singing about Irelands industry and us relying on each other obviously didnt strike me as strange.....
![/quote]

thought i was the only one that made that mistake!! Only found out last year the real words :yelrotflmaosmilie:

An ex of mine thought the song "its raining men" was "its a rainy day" :o0

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be
-- Clementine Paddleford
Dot Cotton
Mini Wolly

Return to Off Topic