WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

How many bridesmaids are you having?

How many bridesmaids are you having?

None, I am going outside the "norm"
No votes
Just the one
15%
Two
34%
Three
25%
Four
22%
More than four
4%

Total votes : 92

Re: How many bridesmaids are you having?

Postby niftythrifty » Thu May 10, 2022 2:14 pm

Phew- lots of other people have only one!
I like the idea of junior bridesmaids that some people are having. I have some nieces and nephews who I haven't asked to be junior bridesmaids, flower girls or page boys. Maybe I am a bit mean in not asking them though? They have never been at a wedding before where they haven't been in the bridal party. I made the decision not to have them to save on expense and also because I felt they had done the job enough times before for it not to be a novelty. I have asked my eldest niece to read at the ceremony instead which she is chuffed about
niftythrifty
New Wolly

Re: How many bridesmaids are you having?

Postby glitterlamp » Thu May 10, 2022 2:38 pm

I'm having my best best best friend as my maid of honour - then my 14 and 8 year old nieces, and my little 4 year old niece as flower girl... my sisters started throwing their kids at me for the day :P I have 4 technically, but 1 main older one, and then 3 little ones as such.
glitterlamp
New Wolly

Previous

Return to Old Faithful

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AwkwardAnnie, Dollydo, keenfish, lovegirl, Meggi, moobride, MrsP2b13, TheWeddingAngel and 56 guests

From ruffles and lace to quirky necklines and classic cuts, la boda bridal caters for all discerning brides.

With almost 40 years experience in the bridal industry, the place to visit when looking for your wedding gown.

Alexanders Bridal is situated in the heart of Dublin city centre on Parnell Street for more than 11 years. We have a strong tradition in stunning bridal gowns with a friendly, relaxed, professional customer care.

Stockist of Marie McElheron Bridal, Augusta Jones, Impression Bridal and Jim Hjelm Occasions. Tel: 0402 32818

Premier stockist for Mori Lee. Stocking size 8 to 30 in both bridal and bridesmaid dresses.

Kathy de Stafford is one of Irelands leading bridal designers.

Versatile trio features the unique sound of the uilleann pipes. Suitable for Church Ceremony & Wine Reception.

Stunning Contemporary Wedding Photography

Formed 17 years ago by brothers John and Liam Shanahan this musical duo have become one of the most popular and respected acts performing in Munster.

Inishowen Gateway Hotel Ideal wedding venue in Donegal in a stunning location, with spectacular views of the sea & surrounding scenery.

Mimosa are a versatile vocal and instrumental trio offering a huge range of music for your Church ceremony or drinks reception.

Charity donations to Self Help Africa can make a truly touching wedding gift. They are a lovely way for bride and groom to say a special thank you to those who share their special day with them.

Stunning, versatile vocals & intricate guitar talent, beautifully complemented by the sound of gentle flute. Available as 2 or 3 piece.

Sol y Sombra Wedding Venue Unique and atmospheric Wedding Venue in a tastefully renovated Old Church in Co Kerry. www.solysombra.ie

Inventive, unobtrusive, humorous and emotional... documentary photography with an artistic edge.

Embrace Bridal Gorey Wexford, Stockist of Ella by Essence, Mori Lee by Madeline Gardiner, Blu, Voyage, Angelina Faccenda, Affairs & also a wide range of accessories.

For Your Most Important Day Book a Qualified Master Photographer.

Helping you with your Perfect Day - Our Wedding Planner Marie. Call 041 9829185

Allure is renowned for its designer handbags, bespoke and bridal jewellery, exquisite accessories, and distinguished homewares.

Empowering you to re-live your very special occasion time and time again,

Ireland's premiere lounge band featuring a set ranging from Ray Charles to Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble, to our own unique jazz/lounge style

Elaine offers all kinds of photography from weddings and family photoshoots to product photography, landscapes and photo restoration.

Pauline Forde, a professional florist with over 20 years experience in speciality floral design.

Church Musician/Vocals, piano and organ (optional). 13 years experience.

If you are looking for somewhere a little special to go to celebrate a big occasion, why not try the Cotton Club at Shenanigans.

Supplying entertainment packages to Irish weddings for over eight years.

book Irelands Premier Band for your Wedding then worry about something else!

One of Irelands most acclaimed hotels, Waterford Castle Hotel and Golf Resort.

Quality Wedding Photography at an affordable price. Images from the heart.

Kevin & George Have Many Years Experience In The Videography Business