WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

***** June 2012 Babies *****

Re: ***** June 2012 Babies *****

Postby Bigsurprise » Thu May 10, 2022 3:25 pm

ACS hope baby will turn. I was watching that episode of one born every minute too. The woman was so upbeat about it all. I think once baby was put in her arms she never looked back.

Re group b strep test, i asked in the clinic on Tue. It's basically a rectal and vaginal swab + a urine sample. She made a good enough case for it not being a standard thing they do but I must say i didnt push it once I knew what was involved! She offered to do it but a bit reluctantly. Basically she said there would normally be cause to do it and would normally have shown itself in some way in other samples but not sure if she was just fobbing me off!

I will ask my GP next visit too just to get her take on it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Bigsurprise
Mini Wolly

Postby Chubbums » Sun May 13, 2022 8:24 am

Daisy Day wrote:Chubbums Can I ask where you got your wall stickers for your nursery? We're like you and have painted and carpeted the room now but the walls are very bare and would love some nice wall stickers or pictures to put up.

I got them at the pregnancy and baby fair but you can get them here:

http://www.kidswallstickers.ie/shop-kid ... ckers.html

and I know someone else recommended here too:

http://www.walliescutouts.co.uk/acatalog/dummy.html

ACS, I hope babs turns for you. When are you back with hosp? Fingers crossed they've good news and tell you babs has turned.

I asked about strep b test at my gp visit last week and she said it's not standard practice here but s in the UK and if it were her, she'd get tested. I'm back with her next week so she said she'd do it for me then....dreading it!

Our house is a dump at the mo O:| :weep I am a clean freak :-8 and can't settle when the house is untidy or dirty but we've had a painter in last week so trying to get the place back to normal now. Glad we got the painting done though cuz the place looks so much cleaner now.

Hospital bag (well labour bag anyway) WILL be packed today! Are you girls packing a separate labour bag and hospital bag? I think I'll do this and leave the hospital bag in the car. I have the baby grows and vests washing as I type! I just hope it stays dry so i can get them dried today.

One of the girls on the FB page recommended lots of really good apps for iPhone and android, here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.whatsupmum.ie/apps/index.php

Thanks Bumples :thnk

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies :)
Private Facebook group now set up for all contributors to the WOL June 2012 Babies thread, PM me if you want to join :compress

Chubbums
Major Wolly

Postby Bigsurprise » Sun May 13, 2022 10:13 am

That's for the app link. Will take a look

Yeah I think your right re the strep test. Will ask doc to do it at next visit.

Feeling really sore in the mornings now. Once I'm up I'm fine but would love a little lie in at the weekend but I'm just not comfortable. Was talking to some friends about it yesterday and I think they all suffered the same.

Going out for a nice girls lunch today so looking forward to that.
[/url]
Bigsurprise
Mini Wolly

Postby Chubbums » Sun May 13, 2022 8:31 pm

Bigsurprise wrote:That's for the app link. Will take a look.

No worries :)

Is it just aches and pains you have in the morning Bigsurpise? I feel like a beached whale in bed these days :o0 I hate having to turn/roll over and nearly need a crane to get me out of bed :o0

Hope you enjoyed your lunch today. We had a lovely day at Powerscourt but I was knackered by the time we were driving home....ended up having a snooze in the car while DH was driving :zzzz: I felt like babs was trying to escape through my tummy today with the amount of jabs and rolling around I was getting. I notice it more when I'm sitting in the car or at the kitchen table...probably cuz babs feels squashed and (s)he's letting me know (s)he needs more room :o0 I got all the baby clothes washed and dried. Have half packed now! Packed most of my labour bag and have most stuff put aside for my hospital bag. I still have a couple of bits to get (light dressing gown, pj bottoms and nursing bras and a couple of other bits). I hope to get these and have bags totally packed by this day next week.

Back to work tomorrow :weep Another 14 days of work left :o)ll :o)ll I'll be finishing early once a week too cuz I've weekly appointments now too. I can't wait to finish up.
Private Facebook group now set up for all contributors to the WOL June 2012 Babies thread, PM me if you want to join :compress

Chubbums
Major Wolly

Postby Anne Cordelia Shirley » Mon May 14, 2022 9:11 am

I have that beached whale feeling too-also a lot of aches and pains, especially in my knees and calves. Not nice and turning over in bed is a major decision!

I had a good chat with a theatre nurse friend of mine over the weekend about sections. I want to get my head around having one, I'd planned on a natural labour for so long its just something I need to come to terms with! Anyway, her advice was to go elective as I'd be exhausted after a natural labour anyway and going into surgery would be a lot tougher after a couple of hours of labour than knowing I was going in for surgery. Going to see what doctor says on Wednesday.

I feel like I've not got enough time for everything. I'm off today so planning on cooking and freezing a few meals and doing some sorting out. Hubs has been great, we got loads of small jobs done over the weekend that have been on the long finger so great to have them out of the way.
Anne Cordelia Shirley
Woloholic

Postby hectic » Mon May 14, 2022 12:50 pm

Girls, I haven't been getting updates from this thread......don't know what's going on! Doc told me this morning that I will be delivered in 3 weeks time if there are no complications in between times. It's very exciting! We just got baby's bedroom ready at the weekend. We're picking up the crib this week. I'm really looking forward to meeting baby at this stage
[/url]
hectic
Mini Wolly

Postby Lady Penelope » Mon May 14, 2022 2:03 pm

Hi everyone, haven't been on in awhile, the FB page is just too handy!! Almost d day for me but I reckon I'll be here for another couple of weeks, still feeling fine but starting to get a bit tired. Bored out of my head though on maternity leave and it's only been a week, wont have a chance to be bored when babs finally makes an appearance though!!
Lady Penelope
Wolly Addict

Postby Anne Cordelia Shirley » Mon May 14, 2022 2:14 pm

LadyP-I'm trying to enjoy being bored! Off work today and its my last week so I'm in countdown mode. I've been cooking with a plan to freeze lots of dinners. Also doing loads of small things I don't think I'll get around to once baby comes!

SIL has given us a co-sleeper. She found it a godsend so hoping it'll be handy for us. I'm also hoping baby is like me-my mum told me yesterday that I slept through the night from 9pm to 6am from one week old and never wanted a night feed! Here's hoping!!
Anne Cordelia Shirley
Woloholic

Postby Lady Penelope » Mon May 14, 2022 2:30 pm

ACS - am trying to enjoy it myself but it just aint working!!! That said I've now got a cuppa in hand settling down to watch a movie for the afternoon so am trying extra hard today!!!!
Lady Penelope
Wolly Addict

Postby Jeidi » Tue May 15, 2022 8:36 am

Lady P/ACS - I wish I was ye! I am finsihing up on Friday and my God this will be the longest week EVER. I am on the wind down and have a lot of my handover done so I'm not that busy either.
I am 38 +1 today and if I had to describe myself in one word it would be (TMI) engorged!!
I feel like my fionnuala is so swolen its gonna fall out of me.
Anyone else like that? I am still fairly high to be honest. If I was to go at the same time as I had DS I would be having baby next Wednesday!

At the GP on Friday he said there was a little bit of everything in my urine - ketones, protein, sugar etc. He did a blood/suger (finger prick test) and it was 9.1 - which he wasnt too bad?? I have no idea, but he said to go easy on the sugary stuff and to drink more fluids. I am drinking about 4+ litres a day, at this rate my kidneys will be floating.

Other than that I am just tired. Wrecked by 3pm every day. But at least its my last week!
I am keeping DS home from creche next Monday so we can spend the day together, one last day before the new arrival!
Check out our Personalised Christmas Decorations

www.facebook.com/decorationsbyme

Jeidi
Empress Wolly

Postby Daisy Day » Tue May 15, 2022 1:37 pm

Jeidi wrote:Lady P/ACS - I wish I was ye! I am finsihing up on Friday and my God this will be the longest week EVER. I am on the wind down and have a lot of my handover done so I'm not that busy either.
I am 38 +1 today and if I had to describe myself in one word it would be (TMI) engorged!!
I feel like my fionnuala is so swolen its gonna fall out of me.
Anyone else like that? I am still fairly high to be honest. If I was to go at the same time as I had DS I would be having baby next Wednesday!

At the GP on Friday he said there was a little bit of everything in my urine - ketones, protein, sugar etc. He did a blood/suger (finger prick test) and it was 9.1 - which he wasnt too bad?? I have no idea, but he said to go easy on the sugary stuff and to drink more fluids. I am drinking about 4+ litres a day, at this rate my kidneys will be floating.

Other than that I am just tired. Wrecked by 3pm every day. But at least its my last week!
I am keeping DS home from creche next Monday so we can spend the day together, one last day before the new arrival!

Jeidi I'm on my last week of work too and have had nothing to do for ages as everything is handed over so the last few weeks has gone sooo slowly. Wow fair play to you drinking 4 litres of water a day!! :ooh How can you manage it? I'm definitely not drinking enough and even at that I'm practically living in the bathroom! I'll be 37 weeks on Friday and happy to say my breathing is a lot better so I suppose that means that baby has dropped slightly, but he hasn't dropped enough to be putting too much pressure on me down below so I guess I've a while to go yet! My friend had the same feeling as you though with all the pressure and went 2 weeks before her due date so fingers crossed for you!!
Daisy Day
Mini Wolly

Postby mrsmcnow » Tue May 15, 2022 5:39 pm

Hi ladies hope ye are all keeping well just in the middle of my 4th week off now and suprisingly not finding the time going too slow. Have to go to the doctor everyweek for blood pressure and urine check blood pressure is high just home from doctor have to go in again Thursday morning to have both checked again with a view to referring me to the hospital for an appt even thought im back at the hospital tomorrow week fingers crossed it will go down a bit. 34 weeks tomorrow so good bit to go yet anyone else not sleeping great at night im up for a few hours everynight and when i am in bed i takes so much effort to turn over id say in a weeks time il need a crane to lift me :o0 swollen feet have not improved one bit so they are really monitoring my closely for preeclampsia.

I have to say I am catching up on lots of tv and resting as much as possible as i dont want to be admitted early anyone else suffering with any of the above issues. On a different not i finally packed my labour bag just have get hospital bag organised now and got all baby clothes washed and dried over the weekend so im getting there. Hope ye are all keeping well
Formely TheFutureMrsMc
mrsmcnow
Mini Wolly

Postby Chubbums » Tue May 15, 2022 6:58 pm

mrsmcnow wrote: anyone else not sleeping great at night im up for a few hours everynight and when i am in bed i takes so much effort to turn over id say in a weeks time il need a crane to lift me :o0

I actually only posted on the FB page about lack of sleep this morning (not me TG) but just to let everyone know that when I was at yoga last might and one of the girls mentioned that she wasn't sleeping and the instructor asked if she was getting leg cramps and when she said yes, Lou recommended that she take magnesium....now I'm not sure if the magnesium was recommended to resolve the leg cramps which in turn resolves sleep or if the magnesium helps with sleep too.

You're right to be taking it easy anyway mrsmcnow. Sorry to hear your feet are still swollen :action32 Oh and on the feeling like I need a crane to turn me over in bed....yes if you have one can I borrow it please :o0 Well done getting labour bag sorted! I'm the same....labour bag sorted, just have to sort hospital bag now. I got all babs clothes washed and dried at the weekend too so will finish hosp bag at the weekend.

Jeidi & Daisyday, lucky you finishing this week....I've another two weeks after this week.....can't wait! Jeidi, that's a lovely idea having a day for yourself and DS....enjoy! Fair play to you drinking that much water; I'm just about managing 2 ltrs a day :eek

Lady P, hope you managed to get some R&R and enjoyed the movie.

ACS, fair play to you getting all organised with the batch cooking....can I ask what you cooked cuz I'm looking for ideas! We're also hoping babs is like me in the sleep department cuz Mam told me they had to wake me the first morning after they got me home from hospital :zzzz: :zzzz:

I'm back with gp this Thursday (getting strep b test :-8 ) so hopefully all will be ok again. The past 2/3 days I feel like babs is trying to escape through my belly :o0 I can feel something hard just below my rib cage on the left hand side....I dunno if it's an elbow or knew or what but its bloody painful at times :o0

Chubbums
Major Wolly

Postby decsnow » Tue May 15, 2022 9:26 pm

Girls am 35 wks now and finding wk v hard. Am teaching Junior & senior infants Taking pandaol every morning to relieve lower back pain and then 2 more in the evening Have been doing this the last 8 days Is it ok to be taking panadol every day? Have to take at the wkend as once i move at all it is very painful. Back to doctor next wed when i will be 36 wks
decsnow
New Wolly

Postby Chubbums » Wed May 16, 2022 5:05 am

decsnow wrote:Girls am 35 wks now and finding wk v hard. Am teaching Junior & senior infants Taking pandaol every morning to relieve lower back pain and then 2 more in the evening Have been doing this the last 8 days Is it ok to be taking panadol every day? Have to take at the wkend as once i move at all it is very painful. Back to doctor next wed when i will be 36 wks

I know paracetamol is perfectly safe during pregnancy and you're well below the max dose but maybe just mention it at your next appointment. Would you try a bump support which migh help your back? I know a few of the girls recommended the cantaloop: http://www.cantaloop.com/en/component/dwproducts/?id=13

And afaik it's a a available in Boots. Also I find pernaton gel brilliant for back pain and again it's fine for use in pregnancy. I was suffering a lot with back pain and as soon as DH rubbed this stuff in my back was fine. It heats up on application too so that really helps to loosen up the muscles.

Have you long left in work?

Chubbums
Major Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Babies