WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

***** June 2012 Babies *****

Re: ***** June 2012 Babies *****

Postby Anne Cordelia Shirley » Tue May 08, 2022 3:57 pm

I haven't been getting jabs but more like little ripples up and down my left side of the bump, like its little feet (I think they are feet!) kicking. I am full term on Thursday! Kind of scary to think I've reached that milestone. I can feel baby is still lying transverse as I can feel the top of the head on one side of my bump and the bum on the other. I've been doing some exercises and have been telling baby to move :-8 :-8 :-8 but I nearly feel baby is comfy in this position and either has no room to move or doesn't want to. Just hoping it will move, mam says we were breech and moved the week before we arrived. She also thinks I've a way to go yet, I feel like that too. My baby is quite 'high' up, anyone else feel like that? I don't feel a drop or anything yet.
We were away for the weekend and it was bliss, I spent loads of time in the pool which worked wonders for my back and legs and had a great massage which really helped my swollen feet, but they are back to swollen again :o( and quite sore. On the plus side, work are letting me work from home a fair bit so at least it relieves some of the stress of commuting, not that my commute is too back but it helps. I've been thinking about maternity bras, I've gone from a C to a DD and now an EE so I've been thinking I might need to go bigger again for BF. Any ideas/thoughts?

I wonder when the news will start to come in about June babies! Any word on LadyPenelope?
Anne Cordelia Shirley
Woloholic

Postby Lady Penelope » Tue May 08, 2022 6:41 pm

I'm still here!! Due date approaching next week but I reckon I'll be here for another while yet :-( The Consultant has been saying "the head is down" for the past few apts but it's not engaged (that I know off!) Back tomorrow and have been bouncing away on my exercise ball all week so maybe that's done something for me.

One thing I never knew about Holles St is that they let you go 14 days over :eek
Lady Penelope
Wolly Addict

Postby Anne Cordelia Shirley » Tue May 08, 2022 7:35 pm

Glad to hear you're doing well LadyP! I knew that about HS, it was actually one of the reasons I went with them because I'm not keen on being hurried along and I'd rather let nature take its course. I say that now but I might be dying to be induced in a few weeks!
Anne Cordelia Shirley
Woloholic

Postby Chubbums » Tue May 08, 2022 7:44 pm

Lady P, hopefully something will happen and you'll have news for us all soon.

ACS, I'm the same, more like ripples of movement across my belly more than kicks. I get the odd boot or thump that'd take my breath away but it's mostly ripples :) My bump is still fairly high but I'm 34+5, so a bit behind you. Hopefully babs will move head down for you over the next few days....fingers crossed! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend away, the pool is great isn't it? I love doing the ante natal aqua. Would a soak help your poor feet? I've been soaking mine most nights and it's lovely. Re the bras, I'd take a trip to Marks or wherever you've been getting your mat bras and get measured again. I was told to get measured for nursing bras 2 weeks before EDD.

Daisy Day, Sorry to hear your weekend away didn't go to plan. Good news that you're nearly on mat leave though :compress I think I'll do up a birth plan over the next few days and bring it to my next appointment. It's very annoying when you have one professional telling you one thing and another telling you something different! Where are you attending Daisy Day?

Bigsurprise wrote:just wondering if anyone who has had the strep b test can tell me if it was through a urine test or was it an internal swab? think im due to get it today at my clinic app & would like to know what form it will take.
I'd like to know this too cuz I'm gonna ask my gp to do the test this Thursday.

Well we had a scan today and I was freaked out afterwards cuz we were told babs is weighing in at 6lb 3oz and when I told my friend this she responded with "OMG you're only 34+5 and baby weighs that much alread?!!! That's gonna be a big baby!" :eek :eek Anyway I had a bit of a freak out on the FB page and all the girls calmed me down so I'm feeling better about it now.....thanks girls :thnk As you were al saying "My baby is the perfect size for my body"!! DH was going mad when I told what she said! He said she should have more cop on than to say something like that to a first time mamma to be! He mentioned the weight to some of the girls in his office and they just said to tell me never to mind what they say re weight cuz its very rarely right anyway. One of the girls, a mother of 4, was told on all of hers that she'd be having big babies and they were all around the 7lb mark so I guess it's true! Anyway all is healthy with babs and the problem with the kidneys has been resolved so happy days :)

We're finally getting somewhere with the nursery. Walls are painted and new carpet down so the wall stickers I got a read to be stuck on. Can't wait to see it finished now :hyper:

I bought a few baby clothes over the weekend (haven't bought any before this as I got lots of neutral stuff that belonged to my nephew) and I got so excited when I got them home! It just made it feel more real or something....despite the big bump like :o0
Private Facebook group now set up for all contributors to the WOL June 2012 Babies thread, PM me if you want to join :compress

Chubbums
Major Wolly

Postby Lady Penelope » Tue May 08, 2022 8:20 pm

The Group B Strep test I had came back as part of a urine sample. Hope that helps.
Lady Penelope
Wolly Addict

Postby Anne Cordelia Shirley » Tue May 08, 2022 8:26 pm

LadyP, was it done as part of the usual urine testing? Must ask about this tomorrow, I've forgotten about it the past couple of times.
Anne Cordelia Shirley
Woloholic

Postby Chubbums » Tue May 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Lady Penelope wrote:The Group B Strep test I had came back as part of a urine sample. Hope that helps.

Thanks Lady P :thnk I asked about it at my last midwives appointment and she said she always has swabs available and can do it for me at my next appointment but if it's possible to test through a urine sample I'd prefer that!
Private Facebook group now set up for all contributors to the WOL June 2012 Babies thread, PM me if you want to join :compress

Chubbums
Major Wolly

Postby Lady Penelope » Tue May 08, 2022 8:37 pm

It must be although when they found I had it they were actually checking for a kidney infection hence the urine sample. It's mad that the test isn't offered as standard isn't it.
Lady Penelope
Wolly Addict

Postby Anne Cordelia Shirley » Tue May 08, 2022 8:40 pm

I know, its standard practice in a lot of other western countries. I must ask about it tomorrow, every appointment I mean to have a list of questions written down but never seem to get organised. However, I'm off tomorrow morning so this will go on my list!
Anne Cordelia Shirley
Woloholic

Postby Chubbums » Tue May 08, 2022 9:08 pm

Lady Penelope wrote:It must be although when they found I had it they were actually checking for a kidney infection hence the urine sample. It's mad that the test isn't offered as standard isn't it.

Ye it's mad that they're so relaxed about it too cuz when. I asked about it the mw basically said if I'm worried about it she can do a swab but if not, grand!

Chubbums
Major Wolly

Postby Daisy Day » Wed May 09, 2022 9:29 am

Morning all!

Gosh I hope summer kicks in soon so we'll all have nice weather to get out and about in with our little ones in a few weeks :o)ll

Chubbums I'm attending Mt Carmel on the shared care programme. It's kinda worrying alright about the different opinions of the professionals! Like if I happened to get that mid-wife when I'm in labour will she be pushing an episiotomy when there's no need for it? I dunno, will just go with the flow I suppose! We're definitely not rigid on a birth plan and just printed one out to get different things explained more than anything.

Can I ask where you got your wall stickers for your nursery? We're like you and have painted and carpeted the room now but the walls are very bare and would love some nice wall stickers or pictures to put up.

ACS wow you're full term!! How exciting. It's a pity the way your little one is lying - maybe that's what's stopping your bump dropping as much as you'd expect? I have the hypno-birth book at home and I know there's tips on how to get the baby to move so I could have a look for you tonight and post on it? Sorry I haven't read the whole thread so you've probably had loads of suggestions already.
Daisy Day
Mini Wolly

Postby Anne Cordelia Shirley » Wed May 09, 2022 9:36 am

Thanks Daisy Day, I'm back in with consultant today so I'll see how baby is lying-I think I had some shifting in position overnight so fingers crossed, it just feels a bit different today! Can't believe I'm 'full term' tomorrow, feels like no time since the pregnancy was confirmed, but also feels like I'll never see this baby!
Anne Cordelia Shirley
Woloholic

Postby Daisy Day » Wed May 09, 2022 9:53 am

Anne Cordelia Shirley wrote:Thanks Daisy Day, I'm back in with consultant today so I'll see how baby is lying-I think I had some shifting in position overnight so fingers crossed, it just feels a bit different today! Can't believe I'm 'full term' tomorrow, feels like no time since the pregnancy was confirmed, but also feels like I'll never see this baby!

Oh that'd be great if baby had shifted and is on the move!! Fingers crossed for you.
Good luck at the consultant :wv
Daisy Day
Mini Wolly

Postby Anne Cordelia Shirley » Thu May 10, 2022 8:52 am

Well baby is still breech :o( . Actually lying in quite an awkward position so consultant isn't sure baby will or can move. She's mentioned an elective c-section at 39 weeks but I've decided to go to term and then see how things are. Just trying to get my head around a c-section vs normal delivery. It seems HS will let you go into labour or induce and see how things go, but if things aren't progressing for a vaginal delivery of a breech baby the way they want, its into theatre. Got upset watching a One Born Every Minute episode last night with a breech baby who wouldn't turn!
Anne Cordelia Shirley
Woloholic

Postby Lady Penelope » Thu May 10, 2022 10:54 am

You've still a couple more weeks ACS so fingers crossed something happens between then and now.
Lady Penelope
Wolly Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Babies