WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

****************July2012 Babies***********

Re: ****************July2012 Babies***********

Postby saz12 » Sun Apr 29, 2022 4:53 pm

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a nice w/e...goes so fast :( Work again so soon...roll on July :) :) Was just reading the thread on the Group B strep testing...just wondering has anyone asked their gp/midwife re getting this swab done....i have my 28/29 week app Wed week thinking of requesting it for my app closer to my due date...its scary stuff....anyone else??

Hows the shopping going.. i dont have too much to get i dont think.. SIL has given us so much...travel system...2 bouncers...sister gave us moses basket...MIL buying cot...so just need to get a baby bath changing table few more baby gros and bits for my hospital bag...anyone who is planning on BF have you gotten breast pads yet?? I havent a clue re the BF or what i need to get/whether it will even work or not!!!!

Was in work on Friday and a midwife was in for a test...she said to me 'oh u must be about 32 weeks now....wtf!!!! I was like eh no 27..she was like wow your very big.... which i dont think i am...but hey she should know i suppose lol !!!!!!
saz12
Mini Wolly

Postby The Blue Sylph » Mon Apr 30, 2022 10:28 am

Hi Saz12! Thanks for highlighting the Group B strep testing. I had no idea about it before reading the thread. One girl said they routinely test for it in Limerick Maternity Hospital. I am heading to my GP in 2 weeks time so might ask about it then and will also try to ring HS to see if they test for it. It seems like a simple thing to do which could save baby's life so it's worth getting tested even if it cost a bit extra to get it done.

Re breast pads: I went shopping with my Mum on Saturday just in Boots getting some bottles, lanolin, maternity pads, things like that. I bought some disposable breast pads before, and my boobs actually started leaking at night a few weeks ago leaving marks on the sheets!! :eek so I had to start wearing a bra at night to use the breast pads but the disposable ones are very papery and make rustly noises. So this time I got a pack of 6 Boots washable ones. Much nicer, softer and more comfy, and I'll be wearing them every night. I didn't want to be wasting the disposable ones all the time. I might need to buy another pack later when breastfeeding as I imagine I'll need more! Got some nice soft maternity bras in M&S just for sleeping in that are very comfy and had enough room for the breast pads. My boobs are so big now it's prob good for me to wear a soft bra at night for support.

I have Medela breast pump my sis gave me - I'm going to give the breastfeeding a good effort but it would be nice to put it into a bottle sometimes so DH can feed baby and get her used to a bottle sometimes, or leave it for a babysitter if we went out. So I got Medela bottles (1 big and 3 smaller) so I can pump straight into them (on my sis's advice!). She gave me around 14 milk storage bottles with the pump, which will be handy. She gave me a new pack of nipple shields for BF too - they seem like a good idea! It's all new to me as this is my first baby, so I am trying to learn as much as possible. Best to have the bottles ready in case the BF doesn't work out. I also have a container of Formula ready in case of no BF! Trying to be all prepared but no idea how many bottles I really need to I'd say I have enough to start off and see how it goes :wv Can always get more bits later.

Thankfully I don't have much more to get as we are being given moses basket, clothes, etc. So next weekend I'm going to Ikea with my Mum to get changing tables, cot + mattress, high chair, storage boxes and drawer organisers so I can separate the baby clothes, that kind of thing. Looking forward to it!

Didn't do much else at the weekend, just the shopping and visiting relatives and resting up. So next weekend I'll need to get back to organising the stuff out of baby's room and into the spare room. I want to get everything done sooner rather than later so I can take it easy for the last 2 months :)

Am loving the size of my bump at the moment and it feels really nice. I'm enjoying feeling the kicks and movement (for now!!) and can see the movement from the outside now too! My sis sent me 2 belly warmers (the stretchy tube shaped pieces of material) and they are brilliant - so cosy and comfy under tops that aren't quite long enough.

Hope everyone who was sick last week is feeling better and had a good weekend!
The Blue Sylph
Mini Wolly

Postby refchick » Tue May 01, 2022 2:28 pm

Hi Girls

I had this done a few weeks ago at 27 weeks, i'm now 30 weeks, we are team yellow at the minute so i'm having fun guessing the sex

I think boy and its so similar to DS which is making me think it even more but i'm amazed how many people have said girl!!! whats your thoughts :thnk
Attachments
27 weeks
photo.JPG (46.9 KiB) Viewed 395 times
refchick
New Wolly

Postby wollywoo » Tue May 01, 2022 2:33 pm

Oh this is fun!! :) So hard to say but I'm going to say it looks like a girl as well....can't wait to find out now! Whatever it is, they have a lovely little face either way :) Very cute

wollywoo
Mini Wolly

Postby refchick » Tue May 01, 2022 2:40 pm

wollywoo wrote:Oh this is fun!! :) So hard to say but I'm going to say it looks like a girl as well....can't wait to find out now! Whatever it is, they have a lovely little face either way :) Very cute

Thanks Wollywoo, I really dont mind what he/she is :) its fun to have a little guess but :)
I had another one on Friday but babs is head down so we couldnt get any pictures although the girl said "oh look at the chubby cheeks on this one" so its clearly put on weight :wv
refchick
New Wolly

Postby The Blue Sylph » Thu May 03, 2022 7:00 pm

Gosh, the detail on the scan pic is amazing! I think it looks like a boy. So hard to tell at this stage though. Sometimes girl babies resemble their dads when they're born and then change - maybe it's a girl looking like her dad for now!

Just for a laugh, I did one of those online quiz things to determine the sex of my baby, based on all the old wives tales, and the result was that I'm having a boy, but at my scan I was told it's a girl!! So much for the old wives tales anyhow!
The Blue Sylph
Mini Wolly

Postby The Blue Sylph » Mon May 07, 2022 5:35 pm

It's very quiet around here! Did everyone have a nice bank hol weekend?

I went shopping in IKEA with my mum and got a cot mattress and high chair, changing table, and a cute soft toy and some storage boxes and drawer dividers for the nursery chest of drawers. But I also went to Oxfam Home shop and got a really good 3-tier changing table for €35 and a brilliant sturdy cot in good condition for €20!!! Bargain :compress Delighted I've 2 changing tables now - 1 for nursery and 1 for downstairs as I don't want to be going up and down stairs all the time to change baby, and don't want to hurt my back changing her on the floor...

Also went to Mothercare and got a lovely maternity tankini and treated myself to another pair of really comfy over the bump maternity boot cut jeans, as they were only €32 in the 20% off sale! Went to Smyths and got for some changing mats and a microwave steriliser half price for only €12. Everything else we are being given, so I think I have everything I need for now!! :wv

But I still have to clear the room out, and the baby stuff is building up in the hall :eek

Just back from a swim with DH in the National Aquatic Centre. Feel like I had a good exercise session, and it was really cute seeing all the babies in the little yellow floating rings having fun in the water. Can't wait to take my baby swimming!!

What's everyone else been up to???
The Blue Sylph
Mini Wolly

Postby saz12 » Mon May 07, 2022 6:14 pm

Very productive day blue sylph :) I was in my folks for the weekend not long back...absolutely wrecked am not sleeping the last few nights its terrible....28 + 3 now have appointment in Rotunda on Wed...do DH go to this app??????? It doesnt suit him with work so i said id ask here :) :)

Got sent home from work last Thurs as i looked so wrecked!!! HAve had no sick days except 3 when iron was low at 17 weeks so i will c how i am but if the sleepless nights continue ill need a few days off i think!!!!

Baby moving quite a bit...looking forward to seeing it on Wed...think we get a mini scan? got dates fro mat leave 13th July - Jan 10th wont be long coming around...

Our thread is SO quiet... every1 must use FB...

Hope every1 enjoyed the weekend...i am off to bed shortly lol..
saz12
Mini Wolly

Postby yonex » Mon May 07, 2022 7:17 pm

Saz 12 my hubby came to the booking app and hasnt come since. no point him using his leave for a quick in and out.
i have to go to the anathestic clinic the week after next so he will come to it cos they will decide my pain relief etc.

I havent slept much in week 20. on average if i get 4 hours Im lucky. I havent taken any days off work, no point.
bought a few things in mothercare today went to buy to the crib matress but they were sold out so will go again next week

im startign to really feel heavily pregnant, had a growth scan last week baby is now thriving thank god, they claim baby is 5lb :eek :eek
yonex
Royal Wolly

Postby Hoping2011 » Mon May 07, 2022 8:54 pm

Hey girls - glad to hear your all keeping well but sorry to hear about the restless nights !!

Blue Sylph, wow u were busy - I went to IKEA last week - didn't get anything but will go back, I only live 5 minutes from IKEA and it was only my second time there !!

Unfortunately I've been in work all weekend, but didn't start until 5pm today so we went to Blanch this morning to order mattress for cot as Mamas and Papas had 20% off. We all got the nursery interior, we got the Elfie and Mop, it was half price and includes bumper, quilt, curtains, fleece blanket, lantern and fitted sheets. Got the matching grow bag and towel with hood. Really happy with it.

I've been feeling fine, tank god - hope it continues and I'm sleeping great too - apart from a few visits to the loo during the night but ic an easily sleep for ten hours, i dunno what it is - maybe it's working shift work although I cud be going 9-5 for last month :)

Snap Saz12 I think i'm finishing up on 13th July too, also have my 28 appt in Rotunda on Weds, I don't think hubby needs to be there but my hubby jsut works at the IFSC so he'll come up for it - and he doens't need to take time off for it... I hope we get a scan, nearly sure we will, jsut a mini one as u say.

Wow Yonex, 5 lbs, really that is mad !!

Yeh the thread is gone really quiet - I ahven't been on much lately as were away and are busy with moving house and getting our hcurrent house rented.

Anyways it's great to catch up, take care and hope u all get some sleep !1 :)
Hoping2011
Mini Wolly

Postby The Blue Sylph » Mon May 07, 2022 9:46 pm

Nice to see some of you back around here :wv FB is quiet too - only 8 members in the group. But I actually prefer the forum here...

Yeah I was pretty busy out shopping for 3 days! :hyper: My parents were staying with me (they live abroad) and my Mum wanted to buy some baby things for me so that's why I was getting lots this weekend. I saw the baby changer in Oxfam Home last weekend and went back this weekend and delighted it was still there and then they said they had a cot too!

IKEA's great for certain things. I went in with a specific list that I'd been putting together online for a few weeks! It's really handy as you can see on the website what fits with what and get locations for all the stuff and then see what they look like in the showrooms so you're not walking around wasting time. The first time I went there I bought nothing - good to have a look around and see what they have first anyhow.

I'm so glad I got the maternity swimwear and actually went swimming as I feel like I've done no exercise whatsoever. But luckily I'm feeling less tired in the evenings than I was in months 3 - 5 (hence posting more often here than I used to!) and I'm still sleeping fine (for now...)

Saz12 & Hoping - I should be starting my official mat leave on 13th July too. I was going to take 2 weeks from my annual leave off at the start of July so I'll be off for the whole of July then. Can't wait!! I still have 6 days annual leave left for 2012 + 4 bank hol days during mat leave = an extra 2 weeks to add to the end of my mat leave. What's everyone else doing with their annual leave? Are you all working right up until the 2 weeks before you due date?
The Blue Sylph
Mini Wolly

Postby taylor1 » Tue May 08, 2022 11:27 am

Hi all,

Hope ye all enjoyed the bank holiday. I didnt do much, bringing nephews to the park was the highlight for me! Just back from doctors now, all good thankfully. I am blessed with how easy a time I am having...fingers crossed it lasts! I am 32 weeks now so should really start getting sorted.

We were in IKEA last week and got cot, mattress, changing unit and cot sheets etc. We are still in the process of fixing up the house, we moved in 3 months ago and still have no blinds or kitchen furniture :eek so need to get the house sorted in the next few weeks. Are most of ye using moses basket/ crib for first few months? I haven't got my bag packed or much clothes for baby-Where did ye pick up most of it?

Just had chat with work, I am finishing up 15th June...a whole month before most of ye but I reckon ye will still all have your babys before me :)
I haven't taken much holidays this year, I want to keep them all for next year to add on to end of maternity leave.
Blue Sylph-swimming sounds fab, I havent gone but I am really feeling the benefits of my yoga class. I sleep great and I am generally very relaxed.
taylor1
New Wolly

Postby Pookies » Tue May 08, 2022 2:51 pm

Hi All! I've been away for ages....in my head it wasnt that long, but going by my last posts, its been months!! :ooh

Thankfully I have only 8 more weeks left in work. My hips are KILLING me :-8 Even sitting for periods of time hurt. I never had this on DD, but for some reason, this LO is giving me all sorts of aches and pains. But it is totally worth it and it really is short term pain for long term gain! I cant wait to me the LO......DD says I'm having her baby sister, so if we have a boy, all hell might break loose :o0 Either way, she will be a brilliant big sister.

Its crazy....my Mum and MIL mind DD and have done since I came back to work when DD was 13 months old. This time, I wont have the luxury of extra time off or parents to help so I have been researching creches. On DD it upset me so much, I was teary every time I thought of it, but with this LO, somehow, because I know whats involved in the minding process, I am being very practical about creches and I have found a great one that is around the corner, so it wont upset DD routing with Montessori. She will just be turning 3 when LO is born. When DH and I were working out our figures, it works out that I would be nearly €300 a month BETTER OFF returning to work full time and putting the LO in the creche 5 days per week. I had thought that I might apply for a 3 day week, but there's no way my job would approve the request. I had already asked when I had DD and was refused, so was hoping on parental, but with so many staff gone, its not an option that is likely to be approved :-8 But I have until next March to decide, so we will give it lots of thought :xox

Anyway, waffle over for now......just thought you all would like to see a 3D Scan on Baby 2.....cant wait to kiss those lovely lips. It is amazing how alike this picture is to the one of DD.....so I wonder if the LO is a girl??? :lvs :heartbeat:
Attachments
Baby 2 (27 Weeks) 2.JPG (12.96 KiB) Viewed 173 times

Pookies
New Wolly

Postby saz12 » Tue May 08, 2022 8:33 pm

Pookies

That is the cutest pic :) is that a 3d from babyscan? Was thinking about getting one but some of them can look a little freaky...your is fab though tempting me to get one :)

Have a dull ache is upper right arm/shoulder on off last 2 days...very annoying...anyone know is this pregnancy related!!!!!!!!!

Appointment tomor in Rotunda, might ask about the group b strep testing...did any1 else :)

Saz12
saz12
Mini Wolly

Postby saz12 » Tue May 08, 2022 8:44 pm

Yonex, does everyone get a growth scan :) what hospital are u with? Every hospital is so different...have a friend who went to Holles st today for her 12 week app and didnt get a scan...its not for another 3 weeks...
saz12
Mini Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Babies