WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

***September 2012 Babies***

Re: ***September 2012 Babies***

Postby NewWifee » Tue Apr 17, 2022 9:35 am

Hi Girls, Im not sure if I should join the August babies or Sept Babies as my due date is caught in the middle! Im due #2 in Holles St on Aug 30th - but went 1 week over on my last so expecting something similar so here I am!

Am at a loss RE: double buggys also. My little man will be just over 2 when babs arrives so not sure if I'll actually need one. I like the out and about nipper but not sure that I'll need it for longer than a few months? Dont like the phil and teds - always feel sorry for the wee one at the bottom.

Hope everyone is keeping well :wv
NewWifee
New Wolly

Postby littlemisshopeful » Tue Apr 17, 2022 9:45 am

new wifee, My little man will be just gone 17 months at my due date and they will only allow me go a week over and then section if necessary. My little man was born by emergency section after failed induction at 42+2. Don't think he will be old enough to manage the buggyboard for a while but definitely want something that can reconvert back to a single. The phil and teds style is proving best so far as both children have plenty of space and it is single line. The side by sides won't fit through our doors and I find the tandems too cramped even though I like the look at them. Have talked to people with the phil and teds style of buggy and they say there is always fighting for who goes in the bottom seat. The kids seem to find it a real novelty down there. Still undecided though. It really is a hard decision.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[url=http://lilypie.com][/u

littlemisshopeful
Ultimate Wolly

Postby stephnyc » Wed Apr 18, 2022 11:10 am

hi NewWifee.. i'm the same, due #2 Aug 29th, but joined the Sept board.. was unsure of my dates to start, and now convinced I will go over!

My DD is 2 this week, but im not getting a double buggy til after this LO is born.. I hope I will get away with a sling + buggy (or smarttrike) or pram + buggyboard until the new babs no longer needs to lie flat.. then, depending on how DD1 is getting on, I will look at getting a cheaper double Maclaren (I like the nipper too)... the doubles seem to be a lot cheaper if you are not putting a newborn into them, and i'm thinking there might be january sales too!

hope everyone is well, and the 'big scans' all go great :heartbeat:
stephnyc
Mini Wolly

Postby NewWifee » Wed Apr 18, 2022 1:07 pm

Ah, I never realised there were fights over who got to sit in the bottom. Thanks for that littlemisshopeful! I've actually never talked to someone with one of them.

Ah, its good not to be the only september imposter here Stephnyc!! Im pretty sure I'll be a Sept Mammy. I'm thinking of putting off buying a double until I actually know I need it. Like you say there are many options of sling, smart trike etc that will allow us to get out and about. I already have two buggys and a maclaren stroller so running out of space to store them! All I want is to be able to leave the house for some exercise - I dont plan on bringing the two babs shopping until Im well established in the caring for 2 stakes!

Had my anomoly scan today. All well thank God! Didnt get great pics but everything that should be there is. The sonographer was quite rough and my tummy is very sore after it - she was seriously digging the wand thingy into my abdomen! Anyway - hope everyone else is feeling well.
NewWifee
New Wolly

Postby littlemisshopeful » Wed Apr 18, 2022 1:33 pm

newwifee, glad all went well with your scan.
Regarding buggies, I really think I won't get away without a double as DS will only be 17 months. He won't be able for a buggy board at that point. In the supermarket they can both go in the trolley easily enough. I will definitely have to bring them to supermarket as DH works alot of nights and unsocial hours so no choice there but we try and do the shopping when he is free and we all go together. Will stock up as much as I can in advance though. What are smart trikes? Hadn't heard of them before.

littlemisshopeful
Ultimate Wolly

Postby stephnyc » Wed Apr 18, 2022 2:01 pm

LMH, the smarttrikes are those tricycles that have a handle for the parents as well (there are different brands). I got one for DD when she was 1, and its been fab - she much prefers it to the buggy, so if its not raining, i take her everywhere in it.

Yeah, DD will be 26months when this LO is born. If she was younger, I think a double buggy would be more of a necessity right from the start. I dont intend to take both to the supermarket for a very very long time - i'd be lost without the delivery service!

Great to hear about the scan, NewWifee, my last one was the same.. it was ouch, especially with a full bladder! my scan is next tues, am soooo looking foward to it! think i was still in shock at the last one, when I found out I was already 10weeks gone (I thought about 6 or 7) :o0
stephnyc
Mini Wolly

Postby littlemisshopeful » Wed Apr 18, 2022 2:23 pm

stephnyc, delivery is a good idea and we thought about it for after DS1 birth but it was expensive. Do you mind me asking who you get it from and how much they charge? If I have another section it would be very handy.
My scan is not for another four weeks but don't need a full bladder for it thankfully.
Re the smart trikes, I would have a hill to get up, not a very steep one but couldn't imagine pushing that and a single buggy up it all the same. Gosh I always wanted a double buggy and now that we are there I am finding it a nightmare deciding on which would be the best type for us.

littlemisshopeful
Ultimate Wolly

Postby stephnyc » Wed Apr 18, 2022 3:06 pm

LMH, I get a delivery from tesc0 every 2-3 weeks, we have a butcher and fruit/veg shop nearby as well as a newsagents so I get fresh stuff in between.. I mainly get the heavy things delivered, and stuff like tins, pasta, cereal that lasts for while. It varies in price, but if you're home on a weekday its about €4

oh no way you'd push a trike & buggy.. and not uphill.. i'm thinking of using a sling with the trike.. of course, in my head, its all lovely & sunny/dry, and we;re not in a rush and DD1 is sitting happily rather than climbing / trying to get out :o0

would it be worth popping to tony k's or somewhere and taking some of those doubles for a test drive?
stephnyc
Mini Wolly

Postby littlemisshopeful » Wed Apr 18, 2022 3:16 pm

Thanks stephnyc. I think the only thing for it is to get a load of demos in shops. I spoke to a few retailers about various double buggies at the baby fair last weekend but it didn't really help as they were all saying different things. I quite like the britax b dual but worried about it being a bit too heavy. It is cheaper than the phil and teds though and some people say P&T are very heavy and others say they are not. I would have a preference for one that reconverts into a single buggy, even though I will hold on to the maclaren stroller.

littlemisshopeful
Ultimate Wolly

Postby noc » Thu Apr 19, 2022 3:02 pm

Sorry I haven't been in here in a while. I hope everyone's doing well.
Had 20 week scan earlier this week and so far so good. And we now know 'what' we're having too!
:o)ll :o)ll Somehow it makes it even more exciting!
Felt first little taps at 16 weeks which is early I think for a first baby (and I'm not particularly skinny!) but wasn't totally sure if it was the baby or not. By 18 weeks I was totally sure and it's been dancing around ever since. Is doing so right now...

Is anyone else still getting a little bit of MS? Mine is nowhere near as bad as it was but does still crop up occasionally. I was sick this morning but that was because I slept in and had breakfast later than usual and I'd only had a light dinner (just a crappy sandwich :o( ) last night as I was in work.

noc
Wolly Addict

Postby littlemisshopeful » Thu Apr 19, 2022 8:17 pm

noc, that is great to have got on well with the 20 week scan. Are you keeping the gender a secret? Yep, I still get the nausea in the evenings a bit if I am very tired or have not eaten regularly but vomiting hasn't happened for about four weeks now.

littlemisshopeful
Ultimate Wolly

Postby Diamontee » Fri Apr 20, 2022 8:59 am

Oh noc that great about the scan!!! All excitment in your house I guess!!! Congrats!! :o)ll :o)ll
Was thinking about whether we would find out and dont think we will! I like the idea of a surprise! On the other hand it would be handy to know so we could prepare dd etc!

Im one of the lucky ones regarding morning sickness, didnt have any at all! Slight nausea if I was hungry but that was it!! Exact same on dd!

Thank God its Friday but still working tomorrow but dont start till 10am so not too bad!

Have a great weekend all!!! :wv

[url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/]Image[/url

Diamontee
Major Wolly

Postby noc » Fri Apr 20, 2022 9:12 am

littlemisshopeful wrote:noc, that is great to have got on well with the 20 week scan. Are you keeping the gender a secret? Yep, I still get the nausea in the evenings a bit if I am very tired or have not eaten regularly but vomiting hasn't happened for about four weeks now.

Thanks. No, we're not keeping it a secret. If people ask or want to know we will tell them. Sure, he'll be here soon enough all going well. It has really made a difference to me though to know. I do feel differently than how I felt when I kept having to check myself when I'd think about a little girl, saying 'of course it could be a boy' and vice versa. I can really start to look forward to the little person we're going to get without anything to inhibit me. I'm too impatient for surprises - if the sonographer knows, I want to know! :o0

Good luck to everyone else with the big scans coming up!

noc
Wolly Addict

Postby Irish Twins » Tue Apr 24, 2022 3:14 pm

Hey all, New to the web site. May i join ye all in the september babies thread? :wv
adding my due date as 18 september. Hope ye are all keeping well.
Read in a prevoius post there is a facebook page set up for september babies. Anyone have any details how to join>?
[/url]

[/url]
Irish Twins
New Wolly

Postby littlemisshopeful » Tue Apr 24, 2022 3:50 pm

irish twins, I mentioned it on the fb page to the girl who set it up, so hopefully she will come here and contact you and see about you joining the page. Welcome to this thread anyway.

littlemisshopeful
Ultimate Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Babies