WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

*** October 2012 Babies ***

Re: *** October 2012 Babies ***

Postby mammymcphee » Thu May 10, 2022 2:07 pm

neytiri, they will give you some physio for that pain, its a killer, I had spd on my 1st pg and got some physio which really helped, and i used to go swimming too. would recommend it.
in relation to getting out of bed, turn yourself on your side, legs together and then push yourself up to the sitting position, helps also. i have sciatica at the min too and i often sit with a hot water bottle down my pants to ease the pain in my ass :-8

Keely08- i loved loved sleeping on my tummy, but i dont any more, i lie on my sides. my legs go dead, then i have to turn over to the other side! im up to the loo twice a night! :hic
but sure all the tiredness and aches and pains will be worth it! :stork:

how is everyone else today! ? :lvs

i must try upload my scan pic from the other day, its hilarious!!
Attachments
new baby x 20 weeks.jpg (55.23 KiB) Viewed 452 times
Last edited by mammymcphee on Thu May 10, 2022 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mammymcphee
Supreme Wolly

Postby keeley08 » Thu May 10, 2022 2:21 pm

is it okay to sleep on your back? as i like that position too when sleeping :o0 :o0
keeley08
Mini Wolly

Postby mammymcphee » Thu May 10, 2022 2:22 pm

keeley08 wrote:is it okay to sleep on your back? as i like that position too when sleeping :o0 :o0

they say to sleep on your left side its better for blood flow or something? could be wrong now on that one, i sometimes lie on my back and the baby starts moving about like mad! :o0
i really never sleep on my back anyways, im always lie on my tummy, legs sprawled across the bed and one had under my pillow! not anymore though! :o0

mammymcphee
Supreme Wolly

Postby PrincessJasmine » Thu May 10, 2022 2:57 pm

Love the scan Mammy, it's brilliant :eek

My lower back/ass has been getting quite painful lately too. If I stand/sit in the one position too long it gets really bad so I've been trying to sit straighter at work & wear better shoes. Might try your hot water bottle trick if it gets too bad but I'm going to mention it to the doc when I'm there next. I used suffer from back pain years back but after a 12 weeks session at the chiropractor when I was about 22 it was grand, I'm hoping it won't come back at me.

I tend to sleep on my sides but have found myself waking up on my back alot more recently, also still have 1 if not 2 toilet trips a night :innocent:
PrincessJasmine
Mini Wolly

Postby mammymcphee » Thu May 10, 2022 3:07 pm

princess jasmine you can get a thingy for your chair at work, in dunnes, they were selling them off for 3euro last week, i got one for myself, you slip in on your chair, its not a cushion but its very comfy and helps you sit up straight, i got one for my dad aswell for him armchair!
you should get one! even for the car its brilliant! hth :wv

mammymcphee
Supreme Wolly

Postby PrincessJasmine » Thu May 10, 2022 4:25 pm

Ooh going to run in and have a look for that tomorrow, thanks Mammy :thnk
PrincessJasmine
Mini Wolly

Postby TheNewMrsL » Thu May 10, 2022 9:20 pm

Hi all,
Wow my tummy has really expanded in the last week & permanent bump now there. Was quite clumsy last weekend as I got used to tummy and changing centre of gravity. Also put on quite a bit of weight in last week! So been in mat clothes for a while - so much more comfortable. Itchy tummy, skin & hair dry whereas normally quite oily. Takes some getting used to.
Looking forward to 20 week scan in 2 weeks. Also going back for reflexology next week.
Enjoy the weekend girls!
[code]/[code]
TheNewMrsL
New Wolly

Postby neytiri » Fri May 11, 2022 9:25 am

mammymcphee wrote:neytiri, they will give you some physio for that pain, its a killer, I had spd on my 1st pg and got some physio which really helped, and i used to go swimming too. would recommend it.
in relation to getting out of bed, turn yourself on your side, legs together and then push yourself up to the sitting position, helps also. i have sciatica at the min too and i often sit with a hot water bottle down my pants to ease the pain in my ass :-8

i must try upload my scan pic from the other day, its hilarious!!

Thank you Mammy :o0 its amazing how you manage to cope with such pain. When i sneeze i ve realised if you keep the small of your back pinned up against a wall, it doesnt hurt ...(if your lucky enough to get to a wall that is!!!! lol).

Love the scan pic :lvs
TTC since Sept 2008

neytiri
Princess Wolly

Postby brightling » Sat May 12, 2022 7:27 am

Hey girls, hope everyone is doing well. Haven't been on in a couple of weeks, have been so busy at home. We have dd1's Communion next Saturday, so lots of cleaning and shopping to be done for that. Off to get my hair done today, looking forward to it.

I'm with my gp on Monday morning and am very tempted to find out if this little one is a boy or a girl, have no strong inklings either way, just very nosy!!

Enjoy the weekend, everyone. :wv
I'll try log in properly during the week for a catch-up and will do some personals then.
My big girl: 8yrs
My best boy: 5yrs
My little girl: 3yrs
My baby girl: 1yr
My angel baby (April '10), sleep tight little one.

brightling
Royal Wolly

Postby babydust2012 » Sat May 12, 2022 9:46 am

Well Ladies, I'm back from my hols & I'm shattered eventhough all I really did was sleep, rest, snooze & nap :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 The weather in Spain was 27-31 while we were there and I swear to God it was too much for me!!! I found it was hard to move around in the heat and my skin was sensitive to the sun. The one thing that I found difficult was making the right choices for when eating out? I was paranoid about ice not being from drinkable water and creams/ milks not being pasturised? It had me on edge the whole week. I think I did my best though and I'm hoping everything is OK?

Mammy I LOVE LOVE LOVE the scan pic, its like baby is facing out waving at us, so cute.

How is everyone doing?

I'm enjoying the fine weather we're having in Cork anyway. Got lots of washing and drying done already!!! Going to visit my Godchild later, he's 15 months and I just love him to bits.

I have a very large bump on me this week, I think the girls in work will think I'm joking when I go back to work on Monday but I'm loving having the little bump!!! Well not so little!!!! Hubby says I rub it or hold on to it alot which I don't even realise I'm doing :-8

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
babydust2012
Supreme Wolly

Postby PrincessJasmine » Mon May 14, 2022 8:46 am

Good morning girls, hope ye're all keeping well :wv Bump has decided to make a big appearance over the last week, hubby was working opposite shift last week & he was very surprised at the size of me on Friday evening :o0
PrincessJasmine
Mini Wolly

Postby keeley08 » Mon May 14, 2022 8:55 am

how many weeks are you princess...i'm on my 17th week now this Fri, i do have a wee bump now...its not that big in the morning but at night it's bigger... :o0 :o0 going to start swimming now tomorrow night and try and go 3 times a week..hope ill stick to it..anyone else going swimming or going to take it up?
keeley08
Mini Wolly

Postby PrincessJasmine » Mon May 14, 2022 9:56 am

Nearly 19 weeks Keeley, going to the doc this week & have another scan next week so very excited about that. I know what you mean about the bump getting bigger at night, I definately double in size throughout the day. Was thinking about going swimming alright, would love to take it up again but my local pool closed down. Must look into somewhere else to go this week
PrincessJasmine
Mini Wolly

Postby babybrain2012 » Mon May 14, 2022 10:47 am

Morning ladies,

Haven't been on in a while but have been keeping up to date as much as I can.

Things are going grand with me during the day - no probs at all really but I find the evening time tough. I seem to get ratty and uncomfortable and even sitting on the couch is not comfortable. I had some back pain too yesterday which I hope is not a sign of things to come!

Big scan is on 1st June, can't wait!
babybrain2012
New Wolly

Postby babydust2012 » Mon May 14, 2022 11:03 am

babybrain2012 wrote: I find the evening time tough. I seem to get ratty and uncomfortable and even sitting on the couch is not comfortable. I had some back pain too yesterday which I hope is not a sign of things to come!

I AM YOUR TWIN!!!! Hubby is getting so frustrated with me? I am finding it really difficult to get comfortable and get a good nights sleep also as I normally lie on my tummy. I tried the whole pillow between my legs last night but wasn't much use, I'm going out of my mind!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
babydust2012
Supreme Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Babies