WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

List of what to bring to Hospital!!!

Re: List of what to bring to Hospital!!!

Postby Daisy Day » Fri Feb 17, 2022 1:50 pm

Thanks so much for the info LilyTiger! God save us I'm actually more stressed about the messing around afterwards with breast pads, gigantic maternity pads, mahoosive knickers etc than I am about the birth itself!! :eek
Daisy Day
Mini Wolly

Postby Daisy Day » Fri Feb 17, 2022 1:51 pm

PS is there such a thing as maternity knickers or do you just go and buy big pants maybe two sizes up from what you normally are?
Daisy Day
Mini Wolly

Postby Delphinium » Sun Feb 19, 2022 4:40 pm

If you are bringing a "Labour Bag" for your first 24 hours in hospital you are going to need your disposable knickers or Dunnes granny pants for afterwards aren't you? I had my bag organised so that I had everything I needed rolled up together and ready to grab as needed. Top of the bag was my dark coloured nightshirt, dressing gown and slippers rolled up together for arrival at hospital. And my dark coloured towel rolled up with clean nightie, nursing bra, bra pads, granny pants and maternity pad for my shower after delivery.

I never got to use it in the end as I had an emergency section and ended up having a bed bath, not a shower! But at least it meant everything was easy for my DH to pull out all in one go rather than fishing through the bag for it. I have seen it recommended in this thread to lay out everything for your bag and then get DH to pack it for you. That way, in the event of an emergency C section, he knows where everything is and you don't have to be telling him. Good advice!

Another tip from experience....... You might want to give DH lessons on the difference between maternity pads and breast pads and walk him around the relevant aisle in Boots so he knows where to find them if you need to send him to the shops! :o0 You would also be amazed how many new Dads don't know the difference between a babygro and a vest... Forewarned is forearmed!
Delphinium
Woloholic

Previous

Return to Pregnancy & Babies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Wedding Wish List Irelands largest wedding list service with 200 shops and businesses to choose wedding gifts from

Your wedding suit should be extra special and of course the perfect fit.

Fiona Burnell is a well-respected professional makeup artist with over 17 years experience in makeup and beauty.

Blow your guests away with a Sweet Treat Candy Buffet.

A personal Wedding & Party planning service which makes life events memorable and accessible to all!

Professional portrait and wedding photographer based in Longford

Excellent value All Inclusive Packages for 120 guests starting from 7500 & weekend packages from 55.00 per person

Church Singer withwide repertoire - from Irish Traditional to Modern Contemporary. Mainly performs with a skilled Guitarist, however I can provide other musicians if required. I am based in Dublin but will happily travel nationwide.

Vastly experienced in singing at weddings , our repertoire caters for all tastes from classical to traditional, including some more contemporary pieces.

We offer a range of contemporary vehicles including Mercedes, Chrysler and Range Rovers.

Our high quality cameras capture life's most precious moments as they unfold, with all of the beauty of the sights and sounds.

The LOLS are one of Irelands Premier Wedding Bands who provide a lively, varied two and a half hour programme to suit all age groups.

Complete luxury in your home. Spa-like bridal package available.

Contemporary new venue which can cater for weddings of up to 100 guests.

Belladonna Bridal Leading Designer and Luxurious Bridal shop in Galway stocking the largest collection of Novia DArt Dresses also gowns from Franc Sarabia, Amanda Wyatt, Charlotte Balbier, Fara Sposa, Venus, Manu Alvarez and Pronovias. Make an appointment to be treated to The Belladonna experience Tel 091 755139 and follow Belladonna on Facebook.

Danielle Murphy is a creative and highly motivated individual with severalyears experience as a professional make-up artist.

Bespoke Wedding Jewellery design. Also, ring cleaning, polishing and stone polishing. Immediate competitive estimates.

Offers a stunning backdrop for your wedding day.

Is a family run, Irish owned business bringing you a breath of fresh air in wedding album design, professional photography, wedding albums with prices starting at 250

The "Sugar Cubes" are a Dublin based "5 Piece Dance Band" oozing with quality and experience.

For something a little bit different! Jewellery and hair accessories, inspired by nature- to be worn by you.

THE DYNAMICS are one of Cork's best known Wedding and Party bands.

My approach to make-up is one of flawless perfection, enhancing ones own nautral beauty.

Creative, Un-intrusive, Stylish Wedding Photography. Kildare based.

The Gospel Project, one of this countrys finest vocal harmony groups, have over 5 years experience of providing superb gospel music for weddings, and a friendly & helpful service to each and every one of our clients

Deirdre OKeeffe is a Wedding, Portrait and Fashion photographer with a highly polished, contemporary style. She draws on her years of experience working with images to produce beautiful emotive shots to a stunning high-quality finish with the minimum fuss. Dublin based, available nationwide

Acclaimed wedding and portrait photographer John Ryan is known for his relaxed approach, great sense of fun and unfailing ability to produce natural, beautiful photographs.

We love weddings! It is an honour to be chosen to cook for your special day.

Embrace Bridal Gorey Wexford, Stockist of Ella by Essence, Mori Lee by Madeline Gardiner, Blu, Voyage, Angelina Faccenda, Affairs & also a wide range of accessories.

With over ten years experience as a Pastry Chef, and seven years of that experience working with Sugarcraft, Ann Marie is passionately committed to working with the bride and groom to design the wedding cake of their dreams.