WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

List of what to bring to Hospital!!!

Re: List of what to bring to Hospital!!!

Postby Wife09 » Wed Sep 22, 2022 9:35 pm

Just check the blanket thing with your hospital, I was private in Coombe and they provide sheets, blankets etc. But 7 would be too much, 2 will do you. They'll always have spares of everything in hospital!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

[/url]
Wife09
Princess Wolly

Postby neadi » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:54 am

Keep in mind it is ROASTING hot in the Coombe-I didn't even have a vest on babs unders babygro nevermind cardigans! I never even got under the covers in the bed I was so hot. Bring a very light dressing gown/pj's. Don't bring loads of stuff to hospital, your hubby can bring you what you need. I only used lip balm, a hair bobbin, a face cloth and water in labout. Use old knickers instead of buying disposable. Teatree oil in a sports cap water bottle was a life saver, numbs 'the area' beautifully afterwards. Make up remover wipes are great too, refreshing. I used a muslin in the babies cot. I had to send out for more breastfeeding bras. Take early release if you can, you won';t get any sleep in a ward, I was exhausted by the time I got home. good luck!
neadi
New Wolly

Postby PSF » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:11 pm

http://m.trendytummymaternity.com/zoe-g ... gowns.html
Girls, searched for something like these to wear in labour before my bab was born and couldn't find anything. Find them now of course after ds has arrived!!!
PSF
New Wolly

Postby jenny07 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:30 am

Something that was recommended to us during out ante natal course was a water spray which I found brilliant during the labour. I never realised what hot sweaty work it would be and this kept me refreshed (and gave DH something to do after each contraction!)
jenny07
Mini Wolly

Postby Delphinium » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:49 pm

A friend recommended getting satiny nightshirts or PJ's...... she said she took that advice from someone herself and was very glad. Why?? It made sliding out of the bed much easier when you are really sore after the birth! Good plan methinks!
Delphinium
Woloholic

Postby littlemisshopeful » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:07 pm

Nightshirts defnitely better than pjs. As well as all the usual stuff listed, if possible I would recommend taking one or two extra pillows if you like more than one. It was a big contributor to me not sleeping as their pillows are really flat and uncomfortable. Also if you like your cup of tea, it is worth while bringing a flask and tbags as you only get 3 tiny cups in a day with no refills and last one is about 5pm. I managed to get night staff to make me some about 11pm but it is not usual. So needed my cuppa at night.

[url=http://lilypie.com][/u

littlemisshopeful
Ultimate Wolly

Postby MrsBump » Sat Oct 08, 2021 4:35 pm

Just a handy tip

if your buying new dark towels, maybe wash them once or twice before you pack them, I didn't on my 1st baby and got covered in black fluff after my shower plus they're not really absorbent until they're washed either I find!!
[/url]

[/url]

MrsBump
Princess Wolly

Postby jen2 » Mon Dec 05, 2021 1:00 pm

OH thanks god for this list. I have had all my others in Mount carmel, and bar clothes and toilet bag for me and baby, they provided everything else. I am having this baby in Holles Street and just assumed they would provide, nappies, blankets, cotton wool, towels for me etc.....
Oh god.......... hope Im going to cope ok.........
jen2
Empress Wolly

Postby funkyfish » Wed Dec 07, 2021 8:29 am

pile cream is a must.... :weep :-8

funkyfish
Ultimate Wolly

Postby newbie10 » Fri Dec 09, 2021 8:18 pm

plastic bag for clothes - my waters were breaking on way into the hospital! :)
newbie10
New Wolly

Postby cindarellawoman » Sat Dec 10, 2021 5:55 pm

i'm sure someone has posted about this before but instead of cottonwool for babs, there are waterwipes available which are great for pooey bums!!! 2 for 6euro at the moment in Boots!
cindarellawoman
Mini Wolly

Postby Mrs Snuffleupagus » Thu Feb 09, 2022 2:49 pm

Bring an extra bath towel to roll up and shape into a ring for you to sit on in the bed (if you have stitches it will make sitting down more comfortable). Only got difene (sp?) once a day so by the evening it was painful to sit on stitches! :innocent:
Mrs Snuffleupagus
Princess Wolly

Postby zmd » Thu Feb 09, 2022 5:51 pm

Cherish Me baby store have a handy pre maternity checklist you can down load from their site :) . http://www.cherishme.ie/downloads.html
zmd
New Wolly

Postby Daisy Day » Thu Feb 16, 2022 6:58 pm

Hi girls,

Ok I know this is probably a ridiculously stupid question but I'm just wondering what those disposable pants are and what they're for? Are they the things you'd wear when you're getting a spray tan done??? Also I see that they're on the list of stuff for your labour bag but erm would you be wearing any pants when you're in labour?? Sorry, am completely clueless about all this!! :-8 :-8
Daisy Day
Mini Wolly

Postby lilytiger » Thu Feb 16, 2022 7:23 pm

Daisy Day wrote:Hi girls,

Ok I know this is probably a ridiculously stupid question but I'm just wondering what those disposable pants are and what they're for? Are they the things you'd wear when you're getting a spray tan done??? Also I see that they're on the list of stuff for your labour bag but erm would you be wearing any pants when you're in labour?? Sorry, am completely clueless about all this!! :-8 :-8

Daisy Day, they are similar enought to the ones you get for a spray tan but as far as I know they are full knickers as opposed to strings at the sides. Some women wear them for the days after the birth because you bleed alot but to be honest I just bought big granny knickers in dunnes and wore them and dumped them when i got home and the bleeding eased off. I'm open to correction on this but I was induced and once they started the drip I had no knickers on for the 12 hours I was in hard labour. They check your progress every 2 hours so it's be a pain in the ass to be pulling them up and down but some people may have done this if they were walking around etc. HTH!!
[/url]

lilytiger
Mini Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Babies