WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

50 Shades of Grey

50 Shades of Grey

Postby HisBoo » Wed May 09, 2022 2:04 pm

So sorry if this topic has already been wrote about.

Any one reading/read these books?!

I bought the 1st book last Friday and i haven't been able to put it down!! Bought books 2 and 3 today. Just getting to the last few chapters and it is really living up to its reviews!!

Addicted and Loving it !!!
His Boo

HisBoo
New Wolly

Re: 50 Shades of Grey

Postby Penny Hill » Wed May 09, 2022 2:06 pm

Thanks,

am on the hunt for a good read at the moment. Will have a look
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Penny Hill
Wolly Addict

Postby HisBoo » Wed May 09, 2022 2:08 pm

Penny Hill wrote:Thanks,

am on the hunt for a good read at the moment. Will have a look

It a little on the erotic side of things.. just so you know !
His Boo

HisBoo
New Wolly

Postby Penny Hill » Wed May 09, 2022 2:09 pm

ha ha, just went off and read the reviews etc, and thought oh :eek
[/url]
Penny Hill
Wolly Addict

Postby PussyGalore » Wed May 09, 2022 2:11 pm

I keep hearing about this series, must check it out!
To get around the Wol Zapper, spell my name as: Pu$$y Galore!
Oh yeah, and I was formerly shumbles!

Another Wollie with a blog:
365 Photography Project: http://pixbyshumbles.wordpress.com/
PussyGalore
Best Wedding Report 2011

Postby HisBoo » Wed May 09, 2022 2:13 pm

haha .. yeah i thought the very same but i have heard so much ranting and raving i had to see what all the talk was about !!

Totally worth it !!
His Boo

HisBoo
New Wolly

Postby Flower Girl » Wed May 09, 2022 2:17 pm

I read this recently, thought the writing was absolutely atrocious and the sex just not very sexy, but it's still a bit of a page turner. Won't be rushing out to get books two and three, though...

Actually, I blogged a review of it here if anyone's interested.
[/url]

www.tryingtobegrownup.com
Flower Girl
Mini Wolly

Postby gingerwhinger » Wed May 09, 2022 6:24 pm

My friend was raving about this book at the weekend. She said its extremely erotic!! Must get a copy!!!

gingerwhinger
Royal Wolly

Postby Smileykaz » Wed May 09, 2022 7:15 pm

Now - I had this in my hand the other day in the shop and put it back. Is it REALLY that good? I like the idea of a trilogy cos I've finished the Hunger Games, Harry Potter etc and love a series where there's more books to come, rather than just one book. BUT on Twitter they've renamed it 'Fifty Shades of Shi*te' cos it's supposed to be TERRIBLY badly written as Flower Girl said there, and basically utter sh*te. So that put me off.

Would love a trilogy and sure an oul bit of erotica is always a bargain, BUT if it's terrible I'll be disappointed. What to do, what to do.
[/url]
Smileykaz
Funniest & Friendliest & Best Contributor Wolly 2011

ordpress.com

Postby Flower Girl » Wed May 09, 2022 7:54 pm

Did you like Twilight, Smileykaz? (I loved it, nonsense as it is.) The writing in this is very similar. It's definitely very readable.
[/url]

www.tryingtobegrownup.com
Flower Girl
Mini Wolly

Postby Smileykaz » Wed May 09, 2022 8:11 pm

I loved Twilight actually. Recognised that the writing wasn't great, but loved the idea and the story and the fact that it was a series. Loved the movies too, unashamedly, I don't care, judge me if you will! I was first in the queue for all the Twilight movies, even dragged my husband! Don't care!!

Hmmmm....might like this 50 Shades then....hmmmm will have a think.
[/url]
Smileykaz
Funniest & Friendliest & Best Contributor Wolly 2011

ordpress.com

Postby Finicky Fi » Wed May 09, 2022 9:28 pm

It's not being sold on it's quality, but on its erotic content.
It may be on the best sellers list in America but I'd say most readers are just skipping along to the juicy bits! >:o)
Finicky Fi
Woloholic

Postby HisBoo » Thu May 10, 2022 8:53 am

The writing in it is very simple just like twilight
I loved twilight .. Someone mentioned to me that 50 shades of grey .. is the 40+ woman's twilight... Don't think it "40+" is needed to be honest!

I couldn't put it down last night ... And was hanging for sleep !
Its kind of an other guilty pleasure !!

If you do decide to read it... Enjoy !!
His Boo

HisBoo
New Wolly

Postby jamjars » Thu May 10, 2022 11:19 am

Thought the writing got better in twilight as the books progressed... thought the first one was appalling, clearly she got some help on the later books!!

I had dinner with a friend yesterday who's reading these. She said the writing is so bad it makes the s£xy scenes uns£xy... I'll see I might give the first one a go and take it from there!!

SK if you're looking for some trilogy books there's two sets I'd recommend, movie rights have been picked up for both already, only problem is both are only up to the second book so you'll have to wait until 2013 for the final instalments!!

Divergent (really good) by Veronica Roth
Insurgent (haven't read yet, only out this month)

Delirium (enjoyable, second half really gets going) by Lauren Oliver
Pandemonium (very good, better than the first)
[/url]

jamjars
Wolly Addict

Postby hestia » Thu May 10, 2022 11:22 am

I thought it was a Coldplay album.
Formerly known as Prince
hestia
Wolly Addict

Next

Return to Off Topic