WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Cork Fertility Clinic your opinion?

Cork Fertility Clinic your opinion?

Postby Mrs2babridesoon » Wed Mar 14, 2022 3:07 pm

Thanks girl I have made appointment with Cork Fertility Clinic as I want second opinion on my Fibroid and if it is as my consultant as said that IVF is our best opinion, Cork Fertility seems the cheapest for IVF in the country (?)
Would really appreciate your feedback.

TTC Since Nov 2009. Me 36. PCOS & Large Fibroid 8cm & Endometriosis.
Clomid 50mg X 6 Cycles, Clomid 100mg/Scans/Trigger Shots X 2 Cycle. BFN X 8.
HSG January 2011 (one tube blocked)
Lap & Dye Dec 2011.Both tubes open/ovarian drilling/slight Endo removed/Lge Fibroid
Feb-May ’12:IUI 4 Attempts all cancelled (poor response) Cycle changed TSI. BFN X 4
All treatment suspended till Endo sorted! May 2012.
21st July:Surgery with Hugh O'Connor for Fibroid & Endo Removal.

Fingers crossed for 2012.
Mrs2babridesoon
Woloholic

Re: Cork Fertility Clinic your opinion?

Postby Slanket » Wed Mar 14, 2022 5:55 pm

Hi mrs2b,

I'm attending CFC and I have found them nothing but lovely since I've been attending them. I've only had 1 iui so far which as you know resulted in a bfn, we then didn't know if to go for another iui or ivf and all the people I've spoken to there have been great with the advice, and not pushing us into doing one or the other & leaving the decision ultimately to us. And any time I have any questions there is a nurse at the end of the phone. I had my first consultation with dr p w who I found was lovely, explained everything in detail to us.

The only issue I have with the place is the parking! It's a nightmare ! Although the last couple of times I've been in I've managed to get a space, but if the car park is full I just park in the bons secours hospital car park ( about 3 min walk).

I have a friend who has just given birth to boy/girl twins from her first ivf with them, and their success rates for ivf is about 40%.

Any other questions just ask!
Me 35 DH 37
TTC#2
unexplained secondary infertility
IUI #1 Feb 2012 BFN
IVF #1 April / May 2012. BFP!!!!! Fingers crossed its a sticky!!!!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers]Image
Slanket
Mini Wolly

Postby IvytheTerrible » Wed Mar 14, 2022 9:15 pm

Just to be clear on the replies you get, I think there is a Cork Fertility Clinic in CUMH which is the public system and your GP refers you. If you have made the appointment yourself, it's Cork Fertility Centre on College Road, which is the private one. This is the one most of us IVFers are attending as the public system only takes you so far.

I second what Slanket said about parking, I normally end up in the Bons but am always meaning to stop somewhere and buy some discs, so that I could park on Donovans Road as a last resort. The success rate of 40% depends on your age AFAIK.

I am attending CFC for our 1st IVF and everyone has been really nice so far. The consultant was very matter of fact so maybe expect that when you go to talk to him/her about the fibroid. I have also availed of their counselling service and Angela was lovely and a great help.

Best of luck with it :wv
IvytheTerrible
Major Wolly

Postby Mrs2babridesoon » Thu Mar 15, 2022 11:53 am

Thanks a mill girls for all the advice. It is the CFC on College Road. I know Cork city centre well for shopping but I wouldn't be great on the outskirts so when I have my first appointment I will go nice and early re parking!

Even from the first phone call they seemed so nice and caring, the receptionist was so knowledgeable and helpful she then got the nurse to ring me back which was like a consult in itself. They have so much time for you so different from what I have experienced in my 28 month fertility journey!

IvytheTerrible, I have spent an absolute fortune on fertility treatments & alternative treatments already, could have paid for a IVF cycle for all I've spent, at this stage counselling is a luxury we just can't afford, can you believe I was/am a trained counsellor but haven't practiced since meeting my husband but have loads of friends still counselling so I share a lot with them, they have been a great support. I know moving on to IVF is a huge step thou. I will keep it in mind. Also I'm in Kerry and Cork is a long enough trip as it is, with out having counselling visits as well.

I have had no info from the clinic yet, but they did say over the phone that IVF is €3750 plus €800 blast. I am guessing we will have to do EU bloods for both of us again around €300 (?), we have bloody got theses done so many times already. Plus our initial consult cost €200 (?) Can you give me an idea of any extra costs involved Ivytheterrible/Slanket.

Can I ask also re hubby's visits, he won't be able to get as much time as me off work, I know he will have to be there for the initial consult and then when they need his sperm :-8 for the IVF. Can you think of other times I may need him there? I can have a friend or my mum with me for other visits.

Ivytheterrible don't know how far into your IVF cycle you are but how many visits to clinic do you think there maybe is it like a IUI cycle where you are scanned every few days, my concerns are time off work and trips to Cork.

Sorry for all the questions any help would be so appreciated :thnk

Lap & Dye Dec 2011.Both tubes open/ovarian drilling/slight Endo removed/Lge Fibroid
Feb-May ’12:IUI 4 Attempts all cancelled (poor response) Cycle changed TSI. BFN X 4

Mrs2babridesoon
Woloholic

Postby IvytheTerrible » Thu Mar 15, 2022 3:26 pm

Hiya, I am very early into my IVF yet so I am still learning as I go along. God love you, you sound very stressed out :o( .

The pricing you have is correct. The only bloods we needed to get done were hormonal ones for me and viral ones for us both to check for Hep C etc. We got these done at our GP so it only cost a visit each. We also could have got them done at the Bons so you should be able to get yours done at your GP or maybe the clinic would know of a hospital in Kerry. DH also had to get sperm analysis done at a cost of 125 euro. If your DH has had a very recent one done, they might accept this but failing that, it will be a trip to Cork for him I'd say. A rough count of the visits would be as follows but note I am on the long protocol. I'm not sure if CFC do a short protocol but if they do and you are put on it, the timelines would be different I think:

Pre-IVF meeting with nurse (they go through what happens in the IVF process etc and you receive your Pill which must be taken on day1 of AF, they also show you how to do Buserelin injections) - you then contact them on day1 of AF and you will be given dates on when to start injections, a date to collect meds and a date for down-regulation scan. These pre-IVF meetings are only done on set days a week AFAIK

Meeting with chemist, if you choose to use the pharmacy which CFC prefer, the chemist comes to CFC a couple of days per week. You might be able to use one in Kerry but you would need to be sure they know about IVF drugs, give you the right syringes etc. You take the pill for 28 days and then do your first injection on the same day as taking last pill. Chemist can also remind you how to do injections.

Next visit is to CFC for down-reg scan (maybe 9/10 days from starting Buserelin). DH must attend for this to sign consent forms etc.

Visit after that is Ultra sound scan to see if follicles are growing (around another 9 days from down-reg scan). There might be another one needed a day or two later, to get date for EC?

DH would have to be there on day of EC and the info says on ET day too.

I presume after that, you are looking at the last appointment for testing.

So my info says there are 3 days which DH HAS to be there but there are other days when he wants to be there IYKWIM. He came along with me to the chemist meeting and it was great having him there as I wasn't under pressure to remember everything, two heads are better than one.

Also the counselling is included if you are having IVF, she is a fertility counsellor so no extra cost apart from the trip up.

That's all I can think of, Slanket feel free to add if you have any other experiences I don't know about :wv
IvytheTerrible
Major Wolly

Postby Mrs2babridesoon » Thu Mar 15, 2022 4:28 pm

Thanks a mill IvytT, you know if I were honest I'm not stressed @ the mo, I am just a total control freak :o0 hence being an info fiend.

Also been trying such a long time and I am so sure that they will recommend surgery to remove my Fibroid meaning another long wait to heal etc, and if that is the case I will be so angry we wasted so much time and money trying when we should have been dealing with the fibroid in the first place. But I will wait and see what happens it will be a while before I get appointment and we have another IUI to try in the mean time. The nurse in CFC said I might be on a short protocol so they must do them, I think I read woman with PCOS are more suited to shorter protocol, (don't quote me :o0 )

You know I think there is a need for a sticky that is only for the IVF'er that are completely new to all this process with lots of basic info like pricing of fertility clinic possible reviews of clinic, helpful and practical hints like getting bloods done with GP/Parking. I am guessing there are loads of threads asking for basic starter info would be great if you didn't have to read the whole IVF Thread. I got a great Price List for all fertility clinic in Ireland from another Website/Forum, I found it a great help.

I picked my first clinic because it was convenient and I have picked Cork because it was the cheapest :-8 but I have read good reports re Cork FC. Thanks for the Info IvytT

SIMS CLINIC
Rosemount Hall,
Dundrum rd,
Dublin 14
01 2993920
www.sims.ie
Initial consult....€160
Semen analysis....€125
IVF...€4400 (donor sperm€)
ICSI....€4650 (Donor sperm €4900)
IVF with egg donation...€8820
ICSI with egg donation....€9145
Deposit IVF/ICSI cycle.....€1200
non-refundable
IUI husband/partner/donor...€850
European donor egg programme....€12,000
Egg sharing programme(donor)...€2200
Egg sharing programm (recipient)....€6600
Embryo thaw and transfer...€1155
Embryo storage....€1000

Clane Fertility Clinic
Abbeylands,
Clane,
Co. Kildare
045 989500
www.clanefertility.ie
Initial consultation........€180
Semen analysis............€150
Ovulation Induction(per scan)...€110
(€300 max charge per cycle)
IUI............................€950
IVF...........................€4160
(extra €400 charge with donor sperm)
IVF with ICSI..............€4960
(extra €400 charge with donor sperm)
FET...........................€1300
Initial embryo freezing including storage for calendar year €850, €300 for storage thereafter.
Testicular biopsy/TESE embryology fees including one year storage fee €1050

Cork Fertility Clinic
Fernhurst House,
College road,
Cork
021 4624406
www.corkfertilitycentre.com
Initial consultation........€200
(inc assessment and ultrasound scan)
Semen analysis............€145
Ovulation Induction......€200
(per scan)...€100
IUI..........................€650
IVF..........................€3750
ICSI......................€4250
FET......................€900
Frozen Egg Transfer
Egg Donation ...........€6500-8000
Testicular Biopsy.......€650
Embryo Crypreservation
(inc 1yr storage).....€750
Semen cryopreservation
(inc 1yr storage)....€350

Galway Fertility Unit
Brooklawn House
Galway west business park
Western Distributor Rd
Rahoon
Galway
www.galwayfertilityunit.ie
Initial consult................€200
Semen analysis..............€100
*Ovulation Induction......€300
*Artificial insemination........€300
*IUI..................................€600
(€1000 with donor sperm)
*IVF......................€4500 cycle cost
*ISCI.........................€4800
FET...........................€1200
Testicular biopsy/TESE.........€500
(excl cryopreservation)
Embryo cryopreservation......€800

Human Assisted Reproduction Ireland (HARI Unit)
Rotunda Hospital,
Dublin 1
01 8072732
www.hari.ie
Semen analysis....€100
IVF/ICSI(excl embryo freezing) €4400
IVF/ICSI(incl embryo freezing) €4700
Frozen embryo transfer stimulated cycle.... €900
Frozen embryo transfer naturak cycle... €900
Frozen embryo transfer Blastocyst cycle ...€1350
Blastocyst culturing...€900
Semen freezing (non-cancer)....€400
TESE/Testicular biopsy.......€900
Annual Embryo storage fees
1st and 2nd year......€300
3rd and 4th year........€600
5th year onwards......€900
IVF/ICSI cycle change to IUI €1400
Follicle tracking ....€100 per scan
IUI on FT cycle.....€400
EU viral screen per person....€125

The Kilkenny Clinic Ltd,
Greenshill,
Kilkenny.
056 7751420
www.thekilkennyclinic.com
Initial consult....€200
(review €150)
IVF.................€4150
(incl all cycle scans from baseline)
IVF/ICSI...........€4950
(inc all scans from baseline)
IUI..............€100
Initial embryo freezing and storage for a year.....€650
Annual storage thereafter €300

Merrion Fertility Clinic
60 Lower Mount St.
Dublin 2
01 6635000
www.merrionfertility.ie
Initial consult......€160
Initial semen analysis......€140
IVF.......€4100
ICSI.......€4700
FET cycle...........€1100
IUI Natural cycle or Clomid......€520
Embryo freezing(1st yr storage).....€600
Sperm freezing (up to 3 per yr).....€350
Annual sperm storage....€250
Annual embryo storage......€300

Mrs2babridesoon
Woloholic

Postby OOB » Tue Mar 20, 2022 4:17 pm

Mrs2babridesoon - thanks so much for posting those costs - that is so helpful. I've been keeping an eye on this thread eventhough I am only starting out on this road, having gotten a referral to Dr Waterstone, Cork Fertility Centre, at least I THINK its Cork Fertility Centre as I'm having doubts now when I hear there is a Cork Fertility Clinic too. My GP asked have I insurance cover so now I'm assuming its Cork Fertility Centre......I'm certain its Dr Waterstone tho as I requested him.
I like you have to travel at least an hour (prob more with traffic)to the clinic and v helpful info re parking etc.....stressful enough without getting lost & driving around looking for parking. Also never even thought of follow up scans. :duh:
OOB
Mini Wolly

Postby Slanket » Tue Mar 20, 2022 8:28 pm

Mrs2babridesoon wrote:
Can I ask also re hubby's visits, he won't be able to get as much time as me off work, I know he will have to be there for the initial consult and then when they need his sperm :-8 for the IVF. Can you think of other times I may need him there? I can have a friend or my mum with me for other visits.

Hi mrs2b I had my nurse consultation today and we asked about what visits Dh has to be there for, as my dh is the same and cant really take much time off work, especially with me not working we need all the money we can get! Anyway we signed all our consent forms today so there is no need for him to go back to cfc until egg collection. HTH
Me 35 DH 37
TTC#2
unexplained secondary infertility
IUI #1 Feb 2012 BFN
IVF #1 April / May 2012. BFP!!!!! Fingers crossed its a sticky!!!!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers]Image
Slanket
Mini Wolly

Postby Mrs2babridesoon » Wed Mar 21, 2022 3:59 pm

OOB wrote:Mrs2babridesoon - thanks so much for posting those costs - that is so helpful. I've been keeping an eye on this thread eventhough I am only starting out on this road, having gotten a referral to Dr Waterstone, Cork Fertility Centre, at least I THINK its Cork Fertility Centre as I'm having doubts now when I hear there is a Cork Fertility Clinic too. My GP asked have I insurance cover so now I'm assuming its Cork Fertility Centre......I'm certain its Dr Waterstone tho as I requested him.
I like you have to travel at least an hour (prob more with traffic)to the clinic and v helpful info re parking etc.....stressful enough without getting lost & driving around looking for parking. Also never even thought of follow up scans. :duh:

Hi OOB, Dr Waterstones is defo Cork Fertility Clinic. Best of luck with your first appointment I am still waiting for my appointment date. I have heard loads re Waterstones I didn't request to see him especially should I have? As far as I know he is away shortly for annual leave 4 weeks. I have a fibroid and if it needs removing I would like him to be doing it, from my research this is a surgery he has done many times before.

Thanks a mill Slanket! that's brill re hubby only needing to be there twice! Hate doing it alone other times but that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess!

Mrs2babridesoon
Woloholic

Postby Mrs2babridesoon » Wed Mar 21, 2022 4:20 pm

Girls got my appointment with CFC late April thrilled till my hubby says time doesn't suit him! O:| MEN! I feel like I have won lottery with getting appointment and there he is with ''it doesn't suit'' him O:| I asked would they have later appointment will just have to wait and see I will kill him if they put us off another few weeks.

I really am so nervous re my weight, I spoke with the nurse and she said they will assess me once I arrive :-8 but I am going to kill myself over the next four weeks, really try and knock off a good few pounds, should have been doing that all along!At least its a focus now!

Mrs2babridesoon
Woloholic

Postby OOB » Wed Mar 21, 2022 4:30 pm

Well done on getting the appointment Mrs2babridesoon, hopefully they'll just change around the times for you.. you must be delighted. Can I ask were you waiting long? I had heard that Dr Waterstone doesn't go on hols until July usually but then again the man is entitled to his hols!!!

The reason I requested Dr Waterstone is that a friend of mine had success with him after over 2 years TCC with no hope. Also GP recommended him but she did say all of the doc's in the clinic are excellent..
OOB
Mini Wolly

Postby OOB » Wed Mar 21, 2022 4:33 pm

P.S good luck with the weight loss......I managed to shed half a stone since xmas but went on hols two weeks ago and put up afew pounds again....such a battle. Want to get down another 6/7 lbs myself...ah well long evenings are on the way at least, must start pounding the pavements.
OOB
Mini Wolly

Postby dollars » Thu Mar 22, 2022 6:04 pm

mrs2b id kill ur hubbie, seriously tell him cop on :o0

dr farht is good i got referred to him as last year dr waterstone was on hols (june/july) but sometimes they get waterstone for a second opinion on things which im happy about (ie my firbroid which i told u about mrs2b it was waterstone who said he wouldnt operate on it ) as i think it would have been easier to build a relationship with him that dr farht purely as i think sometimes there is a language barrier
weight wise im ok down to 9st 5lbs but when i first met dr fahrt a year ago i had put on a stone and he was telling me i needed to be careful with pcos as i would have a tendency to put on weight ,have to say i felt like slapping him :o0 as i wasnt exactly overweight still healthy bmi etc at the time and feel more comfortable at 9,5 but i realise now its just the way he speaks to you so if you do see him dont get too down if he mentions it to you
then again you will spend most of your time with the nurses and ursula in particular is brilliant
dollars
Mini Wolly

Postby dollars » Thu Mar 22, 2022 6:04 pm

dp :wv
dollars
Mini Wolly

Postby Mrs2babridesoon » Fri Mar 23, 2022 11:12 am

Hubby came around but I did manage to get a later appointment so he can work in the morning and only take a half day!

Dollars I'm over 4 st heavier than you :-8, Dr W will have a stroke when he see me, day two of diet and I'm being very good and focused! trying to stay away from bread, I read potatoes aren't great for PCOS sufferers high GI.
I'll be thrilled to get second opinion on my fibroid what size is yours again dollars?

Mrs2babridesoon
Woloholic

Next

Return to TTC with Assistance