WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Wedding Cost Poll

How much are you spending on your wedding and honeymoon?

Under 10k
8%
10k-15k
17%
15k-20k
17%
20k-25k
20%
25k-30k
18%
30k-35k
10%
35k +
9%

Total votes : 1911

Re: Wedding Cost Poll

Postby 2013bride13 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:09 pm

thanks how sweet and good luck.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

2013bride13
Mini Wolly

Postby bennyMc » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:56 pm

bettyboo1 wrote:Hi bennymac:

Did u include ur engagement ring in that??

I :o)ll

No!! Jesus looking at €40k+

I never would have said that I would spend that much money on my wedding or thought I could manage too!!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10710;6/st/20101210/e/Wedding+Day/k/56fe/event.png[/img]
[/url]
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lmtf.lilypie.com/Ny5Yp1.png[/img][/url]

bennyMc
Mini Wolly

Postby cantwait4nov » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:03 pm

our planning has just got underway we've set the budget at 20 -25k excluding honeymoon and rings soooo excited :o)ll
cantwait4nov
New Wolly

Postby MrsOD2bsoon » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:59 pm

25k budget 180guests
MrsOD2bsoon
New Wolly

Postby Ilovetoast » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:04 pm

Ours will be 20k, thats including rings and honeymoon! :xox

Ilovetoast
Woloholic

Postby winklefairy » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:19 pm

Right at the beginning of the planning, was hoping to keep it well under €20k, thought that'd be no problem but after reading this it seems it might be a bit of a challenge. DIY all the way for me...all very exciting though! :yelrotflmaosmilie:
winklefairy
Major Wolly

Postby johnsgirl » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:46 pm

Hoping to be under 15k for wedding & honeymoon. friend is doing photos as gift, not having video or band just a DJ
johnsgirl
New Wolly

Postby delboy52 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:56 am

Its looking like 25k
Del
delboy52
New Wolly

RTE "Don't Tell The Bride" wants you!

Postby cocoTV » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:03 pm

February 8th 2011

Nicola from Coco television is on the hunt for couples madly in love and with a sense of adventure to take the last remaining places on the upcoming RTE show ‘DON’T TELL THE BRIDE’.

***Only couples with a valid marriage license will be considered***

If you really want to get married but maybe do not have the funds to do so, please contact us NOW! The successful couples will get €10k to spend on the wedding of their dreams, with the ultimate wedding video diary to go with it as our camera follows you during the lead up!!

The only catch is - THE GROOM MUST PLAN THE WEDDING WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE BRIDE!! This includes booking the venue and even buying the dress! All in the space of three weeks, while having zero contact with the bride!! We need to hear from you as soon as possible
If you are interested at all, pick up the phone and chat to me
about the opportunity!

Apply by email to [email protected]
or
Call on 01 497 0817
cocoTV
New Wolly

Postby diydaisy » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:05 pm

About 15k for us. We're having 205 guest and that takes up 10k of it.
The other 5k includes EVERYTHING else, even honeymoon.
diydaisy
Mini Wolly

Postby longtimeyet » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:37 pm

hey diy85, i just sat down with h2b and we are working out at 18k not including the honeymoon for 150 guests. How'd you manage to keep it in so cheap?
longtimeyet
Mini Wolly

Postby diydaisy » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:52 pm

longtimeyet wrote:hey diy85, i just sat down with h2b and we are working out at 18k not including the honeymoon for 150 guests. How'd you manage to keep it in so cheap?

I'm doing a lot of stuff myself. I'm doing my flowers (used to work in a florists), invites, mass leaflets, make-up & cake.
My sister is doing hair.
My aunt lives in america and flies regularly so she gets frequent flyer miles. She's got us FREE flights to LA, Hawaii and Seattle. We got good deals on the accommodation ourselves.
My dress I got in Oxfam Bridal on George's Street, Dublin. They have a mix of secondhand and new dresses so despite it being a second-hand shop my dress is brand new. Cost €325. Obviously you have to find something that fits you so it's not ideal but I'd definitely recommend it. You have to make an appointment like any other bridal place and you have the place all to yourself.
My veil is my something borrowed from a friend.
Photos are being done by a guy i know and i'm not getting them printed yet. When I have some money I'll get them done.
We're using some of the richer relatives cars as our bridal cars.
My wedding singers are friends of mine who do that professionally.
Then basically looking out for stuff on sale when it comes to jewelery, shoes, bridesmaid dresses etc
For me it's more important to have people at my wedding so i'm prioritizing that. Instead of spending €250 on shoes I'll get them for €50 and 4 more people can come to my wedding.

It should be noted that I'm unemployed since Christmas and that means
a)I can't afford to spend big
and
b) I have plenty of time to shop around and go all 'make and do' on my invites and the like.

Also Ebay is your friend. It's great for all the stuff for the flowers. I spent €18 on ribbon, wire, tape, pins etc and it's all i'll need for the flower stuff apart from the actual flowers.

Finally...
Talk to everyone you can about each aspect and see who knows people and get you a deal. If you don't ask, you don't get.

Good Luck
diydaisy
Mini Wolly

Postby madcowbride » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:27 pm

I am just starting out and hoping to do it all around 22K Hopefully we can keep it in budget.
madcowbride
New Wolly

Postby longtimeyet » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:50 pm

well done :) i'm definitely gonna take a leaf out of your book and try to look around a bit more for stuff.. it just goes to show it can be done.. best of luck :)
longtimeyet
Mini Wolly

Postby atina » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:13 am

Wow DIY85...fair play to you i have to say that all sounds fantastic...wish i was as creative, our budget scares the sugar out of me started off with a plan of 20k now were up to 34k...maybe i will look into doing some of the smaller things myself, im not really that arty tho!! :duh:
[/url]
atina
Royal Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to Old Faithful