WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Wedding Cost Poll

How much are you spending on your wedding and honeymoon?

Under 10k
8%
10k-15k
17%
15k-20k
17%
20k-25k
20%
25k-30k
18%
30k-35k
10%
35k +
9%

Total votes : 1915

Re: Wedding Cost Poll

Postby madcowbride » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:27 pm

I am just starting out and hoping to do it all around 22K Hopefully we can keep it in budget.
madcowbride
New Wolly

Postby longtimeyet » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:50 am

well done :) i'm definitely gonna take a leaf out of your book and try to look around a bit more for stuff.. it just goes to show it can be done.. best of luck :)
longtimeyet
Mini Wolly

Postby atina » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:13 pm

Wow DIY85...fair play to you i have to say that all sounds fantastic...wish i was as creative, our budget scares the sugar out of me started off with a plan of 20k now were up to 34k...maybe i will look into doing some of the smaller things myself, im not really that arty tho!! :duh:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
atina
Royal Wolly

Postby harbour » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:03 pm

diy85 loving ur post its just like me last job new yrs eve bought 3 beautifel bm dresses on this website for 150 exact colour i wanted . changed my venue to a thurs got 10% off plus its aug so it'll b hopefully just our guests at d hotel as i thou sat wud b mobbed !!!! any1 else do this ? im lukm at a impression bridal dress its lik 2k ere can get it frm 300-700 frm d usa! my cuz a make-up artist , doin d flowers ourselves weddingtv shows u how to do it cudn believe its wire den ribbon dats it u can get d flowers wholesale too even cheaper. 100 guests is 10k at d mo wit no rings r honeymoon n diy all the way ..... haven priced a wedding car dey vary greatly ????? or a band ???? any1 hav any rough estimates mone were 400 car and band 1200 does dis sound rite???? wedding favours a usa site does d organza bags 100 for 5dollars but are ppl still doing these????? i heard no at all d wedding fairs ... n as for honeymoon book it urself not tru travelagencies well to d usa anyway keep an eye on d sales on d net n cruises way cheaper frm d other side as we found out !!!!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
harbour
New Wolly

Postby bellybabe » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:33 pm

We've earmarked €7.5k for our wedding - not sure about the honeymoon yet, but that won't be running into big figures either. €35k+ as a poll option blows me away. Even if we had it spend, I'd rather keep the budget small and pay off a credit card bill instead :o0

Our wedding is going to be very much DIY and roping in lots of favours from friends. Our venue isn't a commercial one, so we've gotten a very good deal on it. It involves a lot of extra legwork from our side, but it means the hire price is in 3-figures! :o)ll

My dress is being made for free, I'm just providing the materials and those I can get at wholesale prices as my aunt owns a fabric shop. We know people who are musicians/photographers/caterers, etc. so none of that should cost us very much. We got engaged at Christmas and getting married this August, so we've really left ourselves a very short time to save for it, so any corners at all that be cut are getting chopped. :yelrotflmaosmilie:
bellybabe
Mini Wolly

Postby Waiting24 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:57 pm

We spent 15 grand on the wedding and then about 10 grand on the honeymoon!! PARTY!!! O-O
Waiting24
Mini Wolly

Postby errigal08 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:04 am

we've said 5k-6k max
were having an evening wedding 4pm so having a buffet dinner that has cut the cost greatly,not getting a band now going for a wedding dj
doing my own flowers and bouquets
got my invites online
going to hire cars from rental car hire company you can get a really nice car for 50-70 a day,stick a few ribbons on and hay presto you have a wedding car
mum is getting my dress and flower girl dresses as a gift
and iv family who can do the cake and pictures
i wanted a candy buffet for the reception and that could be my favors,but the price was unreal,so i went looking and found some big glass jars and fish bowls,iv just ordered my giant martini class,i'll start buying my sweets later on in the year,but id say i'll get the candy buffet for half price doing it myself!

so were getting there,have no idea for honeymoon as yet,but with all the saving im sure we can go mad on the honeymoon,i'll need a break by the time the wedding is finished
im loving it tho,loving all the planning and shopping for bargins and all the diy :thnk
[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

[/url][url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
errigal08
Royal Wolly

Postby Leanne2112 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:31 am

auds80 wrote:we've said 5k-6k max
were having an evening wedding 4pm so having a buffet dinner that has cut the cost greatly,not getting a band now going for a wedding dj
doing my own flowers and bouquets
got my invites online
going to hire cars from rental car hire company you can get a really nice car for 50-70 a day,stick a few ribbons on and hay presto you have a wedding car
mum is getting my dress and flower girl dresses as a gift
and iv family who can do the cake and pictures
i wanted a candy buffet for the reception and that could be my favors,but the price was unreal,so i went looking and found some big glass jars and fish bowls,iv just ordered my giant martini class,i'll start buying my sweets later on in the year,but id say i'll get the candy buffet for half price doing it myself!

so were getting there,have no idea for honeymoon as yet,but with all the saving im sure we can go mad on the honeymoon,i'll need a break by the time the wedding is finished
im loving it tho,loving all the planning and shopping for bargins and all the diy :thnk

Ooh! We were thinking similar, you've given me some really good ideas! Ta!
[/url]
Leanne2112
Mini Wolly

Postby thefondantfairy » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:53 pm

Hi Auds80 just wondering where you ordered you giant martini class from? I have been looking everywhere for one as we are doing the sweet buffet thing too and so far the only place i can find one is in Brown Thomas and its €95 which i don't particularly want to pay....tks :)
thefondantfairy
Mini Wolly

Postby micls » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:20 am

My max is 10k, but I hope to keep it less. Getting married in Thailand and the cost of living is much lower here.

To give an example, the place we're looking at as a venue, stunning beach, does a package which includes a lot of what we need (not food) for under 2k. This is the stuff included, there's some of it we won't need/want so will swap in other things. They also have some cheaper packages. Have to talk to them about food/drink etc but that should come in reasonably priced as we'll be having a buffet.

* Decorate wedding atmosphere at Railay Restaurant with coconut leaf and we will use local supplier, bamboo, coconut product and frangipani and some white orchid.
* Welcome drink reception (Fruit punch/ Thai Tradition herb)
* Master of ceremony, marriage vows and exchanging rings (Celebrant)
* Music background (Speaker and Music equipment) You can bring IPOD
* Thai Marriage license by Hotel Management
* Flower decorations
* Location arrangements
* Wedding Cake
* Professional wedding photographer and CD burn (4 hours)
* Professional wedding hair stylist and make up artist
* One bouquet for bride and corsage for groom and VIP’s guests
* Fire Lantern
* Fire Show

The main costs I'm worried about is the cost for our guests, but we can't do much about that really. Will try to help where I can eg if we can sort a free bar.

Probably have somewhere between 50 and 100 guests, I think and hope closer to 50 because of the distance.

We live in Thailand now but we always said we'd never marry in Ireland, my ginormous faily would have meant a huge wedding for a ridiculous price that Im just not willing to spend on one day. I'm iffy on the 10k and hope to keep it under that!
micls
Princess Wolly

Postby GardenGurl » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:55 am

Our original budget was coming in at about €27K but with only 2 months to go now I've got it down to about €22K and hoping to get it down a bit more before the wedding!

A few savings we made:
My dress was €1350 in one bridal shop, got it in another for only €740 (exact same dress / ordered from the exact same supplier)!

I did our wedding invitations myself - they're pocketfolds and they were coming in about €1200 to get them made, I did them for about €350 including postage etc. I'm just going to order Thank You cards after the wedding!

Our suits we got through a distant relative who has a suit hire shop - 7 suits for €600 and the shoes were thrown in too!

We're going to Bulgaria for a week for our honeymoon. We had planned on going on a cruise but we have 2 daughters who are under 4 and we promised them we'd go to Disneyland for the eldest's 4th birthday in October so we downsized our honeymoon....to be honest, I could have had a week in our own house if it was just the 2 of us - we just need a break so anywhere would have done!

DIY wedding favours - old sweets in jars (ikea) and my dad and his gf are getting these for me now!

BM dresses from Debenhams NI - was saving €30 a dress then there was 20% off that weekend to so saved €50 a dress in the end...I'm having 5 BMs!

That's just a few savings. I'm not usually so thrifty but the costs were ridiculous and we don't want to start our married life together in an extra €5 - €10K debt than we need to be! We will have some to pay after the wedding but in this climate, every saving counts really!
[/url]
GardenGurl
New Wolly

Postby erniebert » Sat May 21, 2022 4:03 pm

It's scary how the costs can add up - we had budgeted 30k but when I looked at it last week it had crept up to 37k, hence huge panic and we looked at the guest list again, knocked 42 people off it and got it back to the original price and looking under control again! (I do realise for some 30k is still mad but I'm more comfortable with it!)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
erniebert
Mini Wolly

Postby Xxcitedwife » Sat May 21, 2022 7:47 pm

Xxcitedbride wrote:we are going for the louis fitzgerald. We are having an extra 30 guests and having turkey and ham, so ours is coiming in at about €7000. We had initially budgeted €10,000 for the wedding and then honeymoon ontop of that. We are hoping to come in at €15,000 all in now-definately not going to get into debt for just a day, although do really want an amazing day. Will have it all saved up,prefer to build an extension instead if we gonna have a debt!! :o0 :o0

just thought id have a look at what i had HOPED it would cost- with 6 days to go, our wedding has come in at just over €16,500 with honeymoon. Not too bad when i had thought id would be 15grand over a year ago.

CANT WAIT NOW :o)ll
[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

[/url]
Xxcitedwife
Princess Wolly

Postby happyfamily » Sat May 21, 2022 7:53 pm

Thought it would cost 30K last year. It's looking close to 25K now with better deals around and we've 28K in the wedding saving account! Happy days!
[/url]
happyfamily
Woloholic

Postby chocaholic84 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:35 pm

think we're looking at about 24k inc honeymoon :eek tis a lot of money never thought it would cost so much. My friend is an artist to as a wedding present she has offered to make the invitations by hand, also my aunty is a baker so shes making the cake! small saving to be made but it all counts!!!
[/url]
chocaholic84
New Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to Old Faithful