WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

October 2012

Re: October 2012

Postby Tallwan » Thu Apr 12, 2022 8:05 pm

Spent a lot of time looking into it! originally went to trailfinders-but were very disheartened - they said that we wouldn't get to maldives for our budget...booked with travelmood for a finish - delighted - we'd thought we'd gotten best deal going alone, but they beat our best deal by 600euro! yippee!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Tallwan
New Wolly

Postby Chipstick » Tue Apr 17, 2022 1:35 pm

So, how's all the planning going??

We did registered our intent yesterday, it only took about 15 minutes and the guy was really nice. I really enjoyed doing it as it felt more real now that it's all happening. :)

Picked out our wedding rings yesterday too, I had to leave my engagment ring there though as the wedding ring needs to be shaped around it, I only have it a few months but already it seems so strange not wearing it! Hopefully I'll get it back soon. Is anyone planning on getting their wedding rings engraved? I think it would be a lovely idea just not sure what to get!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Chipstick
New Wolly

Postby AwkwardAnnie » Tue Apr 17, 2022 1:55 pm

Chipstick wrote:So, how's all the planning going??

We did registered our intent yesterday, it only took about 15 minutes and the guy was really nice. I really enjoyed doing it as it felt more real now that it's all happening. :)

Picked out our wedding rings yesterday too, I had to leave my engagment ring there though as the wedding ring needs to be shaped around it, I only have it a few months but already it seems so strange not wearing it! Hopefully I'll get it back soon. Is anyone planning on getting their wedding rings engraved? I think it would be a lovely idea just not sure what to get!

I'm end of Sept bride but its only a stone threw from October that I kinda like keeping an eye on this thread to see how your all getting on (which is scarily fast!) So I hope you don't mind me joining this thread too

We haven't looked about our wedding rings yet - but I haven't been able to wear my ring this past couple of weeks - its gotten too big for me and I'm afraid that I'm gonna lose it. I really miss it - I'm only wearing it since August.... is that weird?? I keep touching my ring finger with my thumb and miss not feeling it there
AwkwardAnnie
Wolly Addict

Postby SpillingMoonbeams » Tue Apr 17, 2022 4:57 pm

Not weird at all, I do the exact same if I don't have it on my finger, it just becomes a part of your hand!

We registered our intent last week and just booked our pre marriage course for next month so all good.

Question for you girls though, we havent had a meeting with the priet yet, I want to organise one soon to get things rolling, we're not way behind on that are we? Do I need to get a move on? :)
SpillingMoonbeams
New Wolly

Postby AwkwardAnnie » Tue Apr 17, 2022 5:38 pm

SpillingMoonbeams wrote:Not weird at all, I do the exact same if I don't have it on my finger, it just becomes a part of your hand!

We registered our intent last week and just booked our pre marriage course for next month so all good.

Question for you girls though, we havent had a meeting with the priet yet, I want to organise one soon to get things rolling, we're not way behind on that are we? Do I need to get a move on? :)

For the priest you need a baptismal certificate and confirmation certificate, but these have to be dated with 6 months of when your getting married, so your in plenty of time!
AwkwardAnnie
Wolly Addict

Postby CanaryRed » Tue Apr 17, 2022 6:25 pm

Hi girls,
Yep we did the register intent and the pre-marriage course. I really enjoyed both but we scrapped a lot after the course for silly little reasons criticising each other's "communication" which it is all about! Just keep an eye out for that afterwards!
I have picked my ring, Mr Canary is so not bothered and just needs to pick the width of his plain 9ct yellow gold band! I HATE not wearing my ring, people don't really wear diamonds in country we live in so I started to get a bit nervous about it and stopped wearing it. Then felt naked and started wearing my practise ring for a few weeks leavin the real thing in the safe but Im back to the real one again. I really miss it when I'm not wearing it too.
I decided today that I wouldnt totally lie to the priest at the pre-marital enquiry about where we had lived before and I emailed the parish we lived in most during my years of gypsying around the place. So have to do that the next time I'm home and get baptismal & confo certs. I think that's it then church wise in terms of documentation. Have to go hang out with the priest who is marrying us as I really want a personal ceremony rather than a realy generic one.
Bridesmaid is going to try on the dresses we liked online in London this week. Florist says she can source the flowers I want in October event though they are out of season (yaaay).
Need to find a decent, reasonably priced church singer/musician. That's a tough one!!!
Then need Mr Canary to FINALLY F@CKING BITE THE BULLET and decide who he is going to be his bloody best man!! Sick to death of the procrastination!!
The lovely CandleQueen sent me the mass booklet template (thanks Candlequeen! :thnk)
Checking the postbox everyday for my invitation samples... Fell in love with some letterpress ones on Etsy but they were gonna be big bucks with customs. So waiting on samples from Wedding Paper Divas which look fab online. Watch this space...
Oh and booked videographer!!! :o)ll
Phew!
Canary xx :heartbeat:
CanaryRed
Mini Wolly

Postby sma » Tue Apr 17, 2022 8:14 pm

Hi Ladies

Just been doing a load of research today for church singers and came across this thread so hope there's room for one more!! Kind of scary reading what everyone's done so far but I guess we're all working away on things for a long time before they're completed!
My goals for this month are finalising flowers with my florist neighbour and sorting out invitations with my printer friend! And as a side note trying to get the ceremony musician. Anyone have any tips on how much to spend on the musician/singer? I'm stunned at some of the prices being asked! I'm in Meath/Dublin area.
sma
New Wolly

Postby CanaryRed » Tue Apr 17, 2022 11:12 pm

It really varies. I have been quoted €180 for a fairly good singer who plays guitar and would be fairly local up to €300 for a good singer and then €500 for a good singer to come from Dublin (allegedly at mates' rates!)
A string group is around the €800 mark I think - could be more.
There is a good website called churchmusic.ie which is good for listings.
Good luck!

Also just received my samples from Wedding Paper Divas. Fab!!! And they will come from Netherlands so no customs and they are really good value.... :o)ll
CanaryRed
Mini Wolly

Postby Spider Baby » Sat Apr 21, 2022 3:37 pm

Hey :wv

Forgot to check into this thread for ages! How is everyone getting on? Omg the time is flying by :hyper:

I have most of the big things sorted now. Things still left:

- Invitations (might DIY)
- Flowers - hope to sort these in the next week or two
- Decorations, readings & music for ceremony (civil ceremony)
- Men's suits
- Wedding rings (have an idea what we want though)
- Shoes & underwear
- Bridesmaids / groomsmen /parents gifts
- Transport (know someone who might help with this)
- A few other random bits & pieces that I can't remember at the moment :o0

Anyone have any nice ideas for parents gifts?

ETA: CanaryRed, I always though Wedding Paper Divas was an American site so ruled it out! Never realised they were based in the Netherlands! Hmmm must check it out again as the prices seem really good :)
Spider Baby
New Wolly

Postby AtTheRaces » Sat Apr 21, 2022 4:33 pm

Hi Ladies

Seems like everyone is flying along with their plans! Each time I have come on to this I get a bit panicked about what I have to do as everyone seems to have so much done and there are lots of things I have forgotten about and I only remember when I see them on this thread! We are getting married on the 27 October so from the 27 of this month I will start to be good with my food ha ha!

Some of the things we have done so far are:

*Reception venue booked
*Church booked
*Priest sorted, met with him and he told us everything we need to do, really nice sound guy
*Church music sorted, having Maria Fitzgerald she sounds fab and lovely to deal with
*Band booked
*DJ booked
*Wedding dress got
*BM's dresses got
*Page boy cushion sorted
*Flip flops for ladies to take later on in the night - got today
*Photographer sorted
* Cars sorted - using our own
*Sent our 'Save the Date'
*Booked makeup artist

Some of the things left to do:

*Pre marriage course doing next week
*Register intent
*Get certs etc
*Sort guys outfits
*Get accessories - shoes, underwear jewelery etc
*Get samples of invites and booklets
*Do menu tastings etc
*Sort Florist!!
*Look at wedding rings
*Get gifts for bm's
*Hair trial

Ugh better stop typing as I have relaised that I have so much left!!!
AtTheRaces
New Wolly

Postby CanaryRed » Sat Apr 21, 2022 4:46 pm

Spider Baby wrote:
ETA: CanaryRed, I always though Wedding Paper Divas was an American site so ruled it out! Never realised they were based in the Netherlands! Hmmm must check it out again as the prices seem really good :)

Hey Spider Baby,

Yep they do, I have double checked it with them. You can order up to 8 samples for free from the US but then when you actually order them they are printed in the Netherlands.
I am getting 100 invitations in a pocket fold including RSVP cards, printed envelopes,insert cards for decorations etc with 20% off at the moment for around €350 which I'm well happy with. I'll see if I can upload the photo later when I'm on my laptop....

Canary xx
CanaryRed
Mini Wolly

Postby Spider Baby » Sat Apr 21, 2022 4:55 pm

CanaryRed wrote:
Spider Baby wrote:

Hey Spider Baby,

Yep they do, I have double checked it with them. You can order up to 8 samples for free from the US but then when you actually order them they are printed in the Netherlands.
I am getting 100 invitations in a pocket fold including RSVP cards, printed envelopes,insert cards for decorations etc with 20% off at the moment for around €350 which I'm well happy with. I'll see if I can upload the photo later when I'm on my laptop....

Canary xx

Cool that would be great, thanks a million :thnk Would love to see the pics, they sound lovely :) Great price for pocketfolds!
Spider Baby
New Wolly

Postby CanaryRed » Sat Apr 21, 2022 5:25 pm

Here they are... Not quite 100% re the black pocket fold because some of the invitation has brown etc. Quality of the individual invitation card is a bit skinny but when you glue it onto the pocketfold it will be fine. Also have asked them and you can get a line put in as per Irish style to write the names of the people who you are inviting. Defo order a few samples. I love their website because you can change the copy around and see what it will look like on the screen for your actual invite. They have a live chat facility and are very response. They are always doing special offers too - like 20% off etc.
Attachments
photo (2).JPG (64.12 KiB) Viewed 193 times
photo (1).JPG (61.99 KiB) Viewed 193 times
CanaryRed
Mini Wolly

Postby Spider Baby » Sat Apr 21, 2022 6:05 pm

Thanks so much for posting the pics and for the feedback. Wow they look gorgeous :lvs

Is the text black (hard to tell for sure)? If it is I think the black pocketfold will tie in nicely even if there is some brown on the invites
Spider Baby
New Wolly

Postby CanaryRed » Sat Apr 21, 2022 6:16 pm

It's brown on the sample (actually looks a bit green) but on the ones we actually order it will be dark grey. That wasn't actually the one that I ordered the sample for - that was just a random one I clicked on! I actually wanted one with an oak tree design to tie in with our venue but actually love this one. Good luck!
CanaryRed
Mini Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to Old Faithful