WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Everything Clomid Thread

Re: Everything Clomid Thread

Postby mar09 » Tue Mar 13, 2022 10:56 pm

Hey girls,

Thanks for the words of hope and encouragement Joey. You're very good to be keeping an eye on us!

So i think i'm on the 2 week wait. Decided to start temping again last week which was well into my cycle and had a few days of 36.15 - 36.25 temps so figured I was still pre ovulation. Didn't take temp on sun morn as i was out the night before so there was no point as it would just be an incorrect temp so low and behold i took it Mon and it was 36.53, being cautious i said I'd wait to see what this mornings temp was before getting too excited and there it was this morn 96.72, the highest temp i ever had. Needless to say i am absolutely thrilled that my body has responded to the clomid as my cycles were anything up to 6 months before this. So i either ovulated on Sat or sun which makes me 2 or 3 dpo today. Had my bloods taken today as it was day 21 and the clinic told me to have them done today but i know its too early to show ovulation but at least i'm happy myself knowing i did and she will increase my dose from 3 days to 5 days which is something i wanted to happen anyways as this 3 day dose seems to be unheard of so all in all i'm happy and my doc is going to re do my bloods on friday just to see if it will show ovulation although its a bit early still at 5/6 dpo but with it being a bank holiday weekend i've no choice really!

mrsM2009, sorry i can't be of any help to you re the follicles/cysts. On my initial scan that confirmed the pcos the cysts were there plain as day. I'm not being monitored on the clomid so really i can't offer you any advice or insight at all!

thisyearslove, i wouldn't worry about not having symptoms, lots of people don't get any symptoms this early.
Came off pill Jan 2011 but very long and irregular cycles.
First fertility app in Feb 2012 - confirmed PCOS
Started on Clomid Feb 12, fingers and toes crossed!
1st Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-3 - Day 21 Prog 46.8
2nd Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-3 - Day 21 Prog 27 (ov'd on day 18)
3rd Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-5 - Day 21 prog .5 (ov'd on day 21)
4th Round of Clomid 100mg CD 1-3 - Last round before lap and dye in July!!! Fingers crossed!

mar09
Mini Wolly

Postby thisyearslove » Thu Mar 15, 2022 9:05 am

mar09 wrote:thisyearslove, i wouldn't worry about not having symptoms, lots of people don't get any symptoms this early.

Thanks Mar09 but 10dpo today and really not feeling anything except sore b00bs which I always get. When I was pg with my misscarraige I was really tired by 7-8dpo so I think I am just holding out of that, I just knew I was pregnant. Hopefully I am wrong!!!

Going to do clomid day 2-6 next cycle so hopefully that will bring ovulation on earlier and whole month shorter.

Glad you are now in the TWW
:babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
thisyearslove
New Wolly

Postby nowmrsb » Thu Mar 29, 2022 9:23 am

Hi Girls....how ye all getting on?

AFM I have AF pains the last 2 days so no doubt she on her way O:|

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: to ye all xxx
Make an ovulation ticker
Almighty Creator, hear this fertility prayer and the wishes of my heart.
You know my deep desire for a child -- a little one to love and to hold, to care for, to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image. Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.Amen!

TTC Sept 2010
Feb 2011 Prog 15.2
March 2011Clomid 50mg cd5-9 Prog 61.0
April 2011 Clomid 50mg cd2-6 Prog 56.8
May 2011 Clomid 50mg cd2-6 Prog 32.1
June 2011 Clomid 50mg cd2-6 Prog 55.2
July 2011...did no meds or tests!
Aug 2011...did no meds or tests!
Sept 2011...did no meds or hpt test!
Oct 2011 ...did no meds or hpt test!
Nov 2011... L&D done- adhesions on ov removed-both tubes open
Dec 2011...Clomid 25mg cd2-6........BFN
Jan 2012...Clomid 25mlg cd2-6.......BFN
Feb 2012... No meds....bfn...
March 2012...no meds..bfn
April 2012...no meds ....acupuncture....bfn
May 2012...no meds....acupuncture...bfn
June 2012...no meds....acupuncture....
nowmrsb
Major Wolly

Postby mar09 » Fri Mar 30, 2022 12:23 pm

Hey nowmrsb,

I'm on my 2nd cycle of clomid. Happy to report the first one did the trick and i did ovulate on time and everything as confirmed by my day 21 bloods. Hoping this cycle will be as lucky and maybe even luckier if you know what i mean. Only on cd10 yet so nothing to report. Have started acu with a brill new therapist. Posted about in on the 2ww for those over 6 months thread if you want to read about it. Have detailed everything i'm trying this month there. Using CB opk's also, the digital ones, started today so hopefully i will have a smiley face in the next few days if the clomid has done the trick and i will be timing everything etc this month! I've even purchased preseed so if i don't see any or enough ewcm then i will use this when i get my smiley. Throwing the book at it this month!!! Hope your period stays away :babydust:
Came off pill Jan 2011 but very long and irregular cycles.
First fertility app in Feb 2012 - confirmed PCOS
Started on Clomid Feb 12, fingers and toes crossed!
1st Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-3 - Day 21 Prog 46.8
2nd Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-3 - Day 21 Prog 27 (ov'd on day 18)
3rd Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-5 - Day 21 prog .5 (ov'd on day 21)
4th Round of Clomid 100mg CD 1-3 - Last round before lap and dye in July!!! Fingers crossed!

mar09
Mini Wolly

Postby nowmrsb » Tue Apr 03, 2022 1:43 pm

Af arrived on time a with a mighty bang! O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
Make an ovulation ticker
You know my deep desire for a child -- a little one to love and to hold, to care for, to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image. Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.Amen!

TTC Sept 2010
Feb 2011 Prog 15.2
nowmrsb
Major Wolly

Postby dollars » Tue Apr 03, 2022 11:44 pm

:o( nowmrsb sorry hun,
no news from me waiting to hear results of bloods 6 wks after starting meds for my thyroid, good thing i i jut had a 29 day natural cycle which is unknown to me, i had acupuncture dc 26 and af arrived cd29 ,not ure if it was thyroid meds or acu which did the trick but hoping i ov natually this cycle!
dollars
Mini Wolly

Postby nowmrsb » Wed Apr 04, 2022 9:32 am

Dollars that's good....keep up the accup and see if it helps...I started back at it this month too and I'm planning to do it twice a month till xmas r I get my BFP. If we've still no bfp by xmas then wer going down the IVF road...I'm going to start saving each month now for it...

I was talking to a friend of mine's wife...they have been ttcing 2 months less than us and wer having no success and then she did 4mths of accup and then got her BFP so I'm hoping it will do the same for us!

I took out a HSF plan too and it covers Accup so I get back half of the cost of each Accup appointment from them so a little savings...

Im heading on hols next week to the sun so will catch up with ye all when I get back.

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
Make an ovulation ticker

TTC Sept 2010
Feb 2011 Prog 15.2
nowmrsb
Major Wolly

Postby hopefor2012 » Mon Apr 09, 2022 8:14 pm

Hi ladies,
hopeing for a bit of advice. I have pcos. Had lap and ovarian driling done last october, lots of cysts and both tubes blocked. Consultant said that if I didnt get a certian number of periods by april he would put me on clomid. I had one period and got pregnant in February, but sadly lost my baby. Going to see consultant next week, I would like to go on clomid as my periods are so irregular. Do you think he will advise it, or does having a miscarriage change things?, so much going around in my head, would really appreciate any advice,

thank you!!
hopefor2012
New Wolly

Postby Mrs2babridesoon » Tue Apr 10, 2022 11:34 am

hopefor2012 wrote:Hi ladies,
hopeing for a bit of advice. I have pcos. Had lap and ovarian driling done last october, lots of cysts and both tubes blocked. Consultant said that if I didnt get a certian number of periods by april he would put me on clomid. I had one period and got pregnant in February, but sadly lost my baby. Going to see consultant next week, I would like to go on clomid as my periods are so irregular. Do you think he will advise it, or does having a miscarriage change things?, so much going around in my head, would really appreciate any advice,

thank you!!

Hi hoprfor2012, firstly very very sorry for your loss. You said above both tubes are blocked? Did they unblock them for you in October?

I would have thought if you have blocked tubes first move would be either to unblock them or suggest IVF. The fact that you got pregnant must mean there must be some flow thru your tubes, I would think they would find the fact you got pregnant as a positive, I couldn't see why they wouldn't prescribe Clomid to you, I found Clomid really regulated my cycle. I would highly suggest being monitored through your cycle thou (only costs €150 in my clinic) and also taking a trigger shot. Being monitored tells you so much more of what is going on in your uterus like the thickness of your lining/ info on your follicles their size the quantity etc.

TTC Since Nov 2009. Me 36. PCOS & Large Fibroid 8cm & Endometriosis.
Clomid 50mg X 6 Cycles, Clomid 100mg/Scans/Trigger Shots X 2 Cycle. BFN X 8.
HSG January 2011 (one tube blocked)
Lap & Dye Dec 2011.Both tubes open/ovarian drilling/slight Endo removed/Lge Fibroid
Feb-May ’12:IUI 4 Attempts all cancelled (poor response) Cycle changed TSI. BFN X 4
All treatment suspended till Endo sorted! May 2012.
21st July:Surgery with Hugh O'Connor for Fibroid & Endo Removal.

Fingers crossed for 2012.
Mrs2babridesoon
Woloholic

Postby Ms Squeaky » Fri Apr 13, 2022 3:52 pm

Hi Girls, hope ye can help me out on this one.

Hi Girls,
hope ye don't mind me asking a question

Brief history on me; Had IVF in JAnuary 2012 - Successful. My angel's heart stopped at 8 weeks. Had D&C on March 13 still no period. its been 4 1/2 weeks.

we have went tru the IVF route and as all ye girls will understand how expensive it is. DH & 1 just can't afford to do it again and can't afford to take out a loan either. I have never been perscriped Clomid as I have PCO and hd had low sperm count at the time (Day of transfer the doctor told us that DH had a great sample!!). Can I ask my GP to prescribe Clomid to me as I would like to give this a chance. GP knows we have went tru IVF and know our background so is this possible, will / can he do it?

Hope someone can give me a bit of advice!"!!

Ms Squeaky

:babydust: :babydust: to all
Ms Squeaky
New Wolly

Postby lovebaby » Sat Apr 21, 2022 8:54 pm

Hi girls,
I need some help.
I was on clomid last month my af came cd27, cycles normally 28-30 day prior to clomid. i only was on small dose 50g for 1 month and be reviewd next month in fertility clinic. So second month i'm on now and its cd 37 tomorrow with BFN on happybumps tests(cheapies). Would 1 month of clomid last month effect my cycle this month do you know, i googled this lots but different info is coming up. i feel af coming for over a week but no sign, just some cm, tired after work last week but good now full of energy. Few cramps and back pain but nothing major, breasts fine normally very heavy, lumpy before af but not this month. i would love some feedback girls, I dont know whether clomid would have this effect on cycle. :wv
came off pill Dec 2009
TTC since January 2010
Oct 2011 cd3 and cd21 bloods done
Progesertone level low/TSH high
January 2012 1st app in Fertility clinic
Internal scan showed cloud on ovary
Started Clomid Feb 2012
HSG Feb 2012
lovebaby
Mini Wolly

Postby Mrs2babridesoon » Thu Apr 26, 2022 4:31 pm

Ms Squeaky wrote:Hi Girls, hope ye can help me out on this one.

Hi Girls,
hope ye don't mind me asking a question

Brief history on me; Had IVF in JAnuary 2012 - Successful. My angel's heart stopped at 8 weeks. Had D&C on March 13 still no period. its been 4 1/2 weeks.

we have went tru the IVF route and as all ye girls will understand how expensive it is. DH & 1 just can't afford to do it again and can't afford to take out a loan either. I have never been perscriped Clomid as I have PCO and hd had low sperm count at the time (Day of transfer the doctor told us that DH had a great sample!!). Can I ask my GP to prescribe Clomid to me as I would like to give this a chance. GP knows we have went tru IVF and know our background so is this possible, will / can he do it?

Hope someone can give me a bit of advice!"!!

Ms Squeaky

:babydust: :babydust: to all

Sorry such a late reply! So sorry for your loss especially devastating after your successful IVF, I am so sorry :action32
Can I ask is yer only issue your PCO and hubby's sperm count? If you simply can't afford it and there are no other options Clomid may be worth a try for me I have PCOS and even thou I had good progesterone readings with Clomid my lining was super thin form Clomid I am now on injections and baby aspirin, we are trying to do IUI but the first two attempts have been changed to TSI (Timed sexual Intercourse)cause I only had one follie and our clinic likes 2 follies, IUI would have cost €850 a go but when they changed the cycle to TSI/Follicle tracking they only charged me €150 so I was monitored for this price my injections were €132 but normally got two two goes of meds from one month. If at all possible I would try the follicle tracking to make sure follies are developing well and lining in good. Not sure how much other clinic's charge for the follie tracking.

Hi lovebaby, sorry not sure I can help, I guess we must remember Clomid is a medicine and as such canr eact different to every one the first month I was on it my cycle was 64 days and I only ovulated on CD49. but I was super regular on it for the following 7 tries. May be go back to Dr maybe injections would suit your body better!

Lap & Dye Dec 2011.Both tubes open/ovarian drilling/slight Endo removed/Lge Fibroid
Feb-May ’12:IUI 4 Attempts all cancelled (poor response) Cycle changed TSI. BFN X 4

Mrs2babridesoon
Woloholic

Postby Novemberpearl » Sat May 12, 2022 9:46 am

Hi girls, I'm starting clomid today for the first time
And I'm just wondering if ok to have a few drinks tomorrow
As we have a christening to go to? :babydust:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url
TTC since jul 2010
Bloods & sa good
Me 34, dh 34, dd 11
1st appoint Dr Rishi, rotunda feb 12
HSG April 12
Clomid to release multiple eggs (ov ok) May 12
Novemberpearl
New Wolly

Postby Mrs2babridesoon » Sat May 12, 2022 10:17 am

Novemberpearl wrote:Hi girls, I'm starting clomid today for the first time
And I'm just wondering if ok to have a few drinks tomorrow
As we have a christening to go to? :babydust:

Hi Novemberpearl, Re: side effect I don't know of any and I personally have drank while on Clomid without side effects bar possibly not getting pregnant. I feel if you really want to drink go ahead you hear a million story of I got pregnant after a night out... but my personal opinion 'now' is for anyone who is having issues TTC its best to give your body every chance. I believe the whole 28 days of a cycle are super important especially the early stages of follicle growth are vitally important, having alcohol really puts the body under pressure, I don't know the exact science of it all but I guess our liver is working over time and we could be dehydrated, all this I am sure distracts the body from focusing on building healthy follicles, if that makes sense. Sorry if that came across harsh, after over 30 months TTC you just want to throw every thing at it hoping one cycle it might finally work! Fingers crossed for this cycle!
Last edited by Mrs2babridesoon on Sat May 12, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mrs2babridesoon
Woloholic

Postby Novemberpearl » Sat May 12, 2022 12:18 pm

Thanks mrstobabridesoon for your reply! Makes sense what u said, I'm not a regular drinker at all but just with something on, like to have a couple of glasses of vino!
I'd be raging tho if get my periods next month and think what if I didn't have the wine etc etc...
I guess after nearly 2 years ttc with no explanations it's just getting so frustrating!!!
I've decided I'm going to try acupuncture this cycle also so no alcohol n giving it my all
For d month!
Thanks again, think I just needed to be guided along the right track again after d disappointment of af arriving yesterday when we really thought it was our month.
:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url
TTC since jul 2010
Bloods & sa good
Me 34, dh 34, dd 11
1st appoint Dr Rishi, rotunda feb 12
HSG April 12
Clomid to release multiple eggs (ov ok) May 12
Novemberpearl
New Wolly

PreviousNext