WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

PCOS & TTC Chat

Re: PCOS & TTC Chat

Postby mar09 » Tue Feb 21, 2022 11:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been hanging around this thread lately as i suspected that i had pcos, we had our first app this morning which confirmed PCOS! Started on Clomid. Small dose to start with - only 50mg, she said the reason she's starting with a small dose is because some people respond very quickly and very well to Clomid so until she knows whether i'm one of these people or not she doesn't want to start me on a dose that might cause a pregnancy with twins or triplets. I am slim so she said i might respond quicker than if i had a problem with my weight so sure we'll see. I have to get bloods done this day 3 weeks to see if i ovulated and i'm back to them in 3 months to see what the next step is if the clomid doesn't work. Overall i'm happy with how the app went as i knew myself that i had the pcos so that didn't shock me and thank god all is ok with Hubby's swimmers so at least there is no added complications. So glad that we are on the right path now anyways and delighted to be starting some form of treatment. Plus at least now that i'm on the clomid i won't have to wait 6 months for my next period!!!!

How is everyone else getting on?
Came off pill Jan 2011 but very long and irregular cycles.
First fertility app in Feb 2012 - confirmed PCOS
Started on Clomid Feb 12, fingers and toes crossed!
1st Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-3 - Day 21 Prog 46.8
2nd Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-3 - Day 21 Prog 27 (ov'd on day 18)
3rd Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-5 - Day 21 prog .5 (ov'd on day 21)
4th Round of Clomid 100mg CD 1-3 - Last round before lap and dye in July!!! Fingers crossed!

mar09
Mini Wolly

Postby imyours » Thu Feb 23, 2022 12:59 pm

Well ladies I have finally got a chance to come on here and tell my story!

I was diagnosed with PCOS at 19 (I am 34 now) after I rapidly put on a lot of weight after being very thin through my teenage years. I also noticed a lot of hair appearing! My periods all but stopped and when I did get them they were very heavy and painful!! I was put on Dianette but it didnt seem to do anything for me in regards to the hirsuteness - it might have regulated my period, I cant remember. Anyway at age 21 I became engaged and came off the pill. I got married at 23 (I know - a child bride!!) and after the wedding I went to St Vincents Hospital to get a lap and dye done. It showed that there were no blockages in my tubes which was good news. After the lap and dye I didnt get a period for 19 months! My doctor at the time told me not to worry- I was young, it would happen blah blah blah.
Anyway- my marriage broke down after 3 years (married WAY too young) and I forgot about ttc'ing for a while.

So to the present times. I am now re married to a wonderful man who I have been with for nearly 8 years. I have never been on any birth control with him (except for the month leading up to our wedding!) but nothing has happened.

I asked to be referred to a gynae in Wexford hospital 2 years ago. I was put on Primulot to kick start my period and also on Glucophage and Clomid. I only took Clomid for 2 months as we set our wedding date abroad and I didnt want to cancel due to pregnancy! I had been getting a period every 30-40 days (longest being 55 days) after this until I had a Colopscopy in November for pre cancerous cells (all is good now thank god).

So now I am attending the same Gynae in Ely Hopsital in Wexford privately. I went back to him in January and he put me back on Glucophage and Clomid. (I alo took Primulot to kick start period again). So I am on month 2 now (Day 5 of Clomid), I have had very heavy periods these last 2 cycles with a lot of clotting (tmi!). I had a 31 day cycle on Month 1 which was great for me!

So thats my story- hoping that 2012 will finally be the year I get pregnant! :babydust: :stork: :babydust:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

imyours
Mini Wolly

Postby worriedmarried » Sun Mar 25, 2022 10:26 am

hi ladies, posted on clomid thread but just noticed this one as in early stages...

been ttc since mar 11 wen i came off the pill- been having very long cycles up to 42 days so went to the docs a couple of weeks ago, got my 21 day bloods done(normal) and ultrasound - with suspected polycistic ovaries...! mar09 i think your post gave me the nudge to go so thank you for that... feel relieved in a way as it explains my really long cycles. have a follow up with doc in a wks time to discuss next steps...? hopefully meds- does this shorten your cycles at all or just wake up your ovaries? My sis has this with her first child so i am hopeful still that we still have a chance but the long cycles are difficult as we have to wait so long to ov, if i am at all. have been getting pos on opk every month so this really threw me and now wish i hadnt waited so long!
worriedmarried
New Wolly

Postby gimmebabyplz » Wed Apr 18, 2022 8:17 pm

I'm hopping on board for this thread...
Diagnosed with pcos at19/20 put on pill, came off it Nov 2011.
Pelvic scan feb 2012 as no af since off pill, pcos diagnosed again.
Started vitB6 & higher dose of folic acid and prescribed glucophage
First af off pill 3/4/12, started taking glucophage 5/4/12 (waited till after honeymoon)
Day 3 bloods, gp happy with results LH levels where she wants them
Day 21 bloods next tues

Well thats my story so far, :babydust: to each and everyone of you
gimmebabyplz
New Wolly

Postby tribesdoll » Thu Apr 19, 2022 1:14 pm

Hi Girls,

Thought I'd share my story with my fellow PCOS-ers! Things worked out so well for us, and I just wanted to share to say that even if you have PCOS, pregnancy is very much still on the cards for you :o)ll

My cycles during my teenage years were very irregular, anything from 30-45 days, with very very heavy bleeding. I also developed acne in my early 20s. More because of the acne than anything else, I went on Dianette, which cleared up my skin and regularised my cycles. I had no other symptoms of PCOS, hair or weight wasn't an issue for me. And I took the pill until 2009 when my husband and I decided to ttc. When I came off the pill my cycles became erratic again, 38 - 52 days. My GP said I more than likely had PCOS and referred me to a fertility clinic. The waiting list to see the consultant was over 6 months so I decided to go privately to Napro. We had great success with them.

Initially they put me on Femara (similar drug to Clomid) and metformin to get me ovulating. After doing follicle tracking it seemed that this wasn't enough to get the egg to rupture, so a hcg injection was introduced. This worked, and the first month I did this I got pregnant. Sadly we lost that little bean. 3 cycles later I was pregnant again, and had a beautiful little boy 9 months later.

While I was on maternity leave I decided to make an appointment to see Napro again, as their waiting lists had grown much longer in the interim. I made an appointment for the end of March, and I thought with any luck that I might be pregnant some time during this year. I got pregnant without meds on 6th of January, and I got such a shock! My GP said that it often happens to women with PCOS, once they have a pregnancy that it "resets" their system and they go on to conceive naturally. I had 2 cycles after DS was borm, both exactly 34 days, ovulating on day 22 both times.

Anyway, that's my story! Best of luck on your ttc journeys!
Me 33, moderate PCOS
Him 39
TTC #1 started July 09
Napro started Nov 09
Missed M/C April 10 - Angel Baby xxx
BFP Oct 10!

Baby Boy! June 11

Surprise BFP January 12

tribesdoll
Mini Wolly

Postby worriedmarried » Fri Apr 27, 2022 1:05 pm

hi ladies, just wanted to share a useful website i found really helpful with you- http://www.verity-pcos.org.uk/
great advice and info on there for pcos xx
worriedmarried
New Wolly

Postby mar09 » Fri Apr 27, 2022 1:18 pm

Thanks for that Worriedmarried, and huge congrats to you again. Delighted it all worked out for you. Did you get put on any meds at your follow up app or did you concieve without meds?

Thanks for sharing your story tribesdoll, its great to hear success stories as it really gives me hope. Hope you are having a good pregnancy.
Came off pill Jan 2011 but very long and irregular cycles.
First fertility app in Feb 2012 - confirmed PCOS
Started on Clomid Feb 12, fingers and toes crossed!
1st Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-3 - Day 21 Prog 46.8
2nd Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-3 - Day 21 Prog 27 (ov'd on day 18)
3rd Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-5 - Day 21 prog .5 (ov'd on day 21)
4th Round of Clomid 100mg CD 1-3 - Last round before lap and dye in July!!! Fingers crossed!

mar09
Mini Wolly

Postby gimmebabyplz » Sat Jun 16, 2022 11:31 am

Day 21 bloods showed I didn't ov
No sign of af since last one in April
Going to give acupuncture a lash, anyone had experience with this?

gimmebabyplz wrote:I'm hopping on board for this thread...
Diagnosed with pcos at19/20 put on pill, came off it Nov 2011.
Pelvic scan feb 2012 as no af since off pill, pcos diagnosed again.
Started vitB6 & higher dose of folic acid and prescribed glucophage
First af off pill 3/4/12, started taking glucophage 5/4/12 (waited till after honeymoon)
Day 3 bloods, gp happy with results LH levels where she wants them
Day 21 bloods next tues

Well thats my story so far, :babydust: to each and everyone of you
gimmebabyplz
New Wolly

Postby MrsPositive » Wed Jun 20, 2022 6:07 pm

HI girls, can I jump on here, been diagnoised with pcos I dont have symptoms other than not pregnant!

Im on LDN from my Napro doctor, and took x6 Femara on CD3 this month.
Has anyone had any success with LDN and femara for pregnancy?

thanks
MrsPositive
Mini Wolly

Previous

Return to TTC