WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

TTC > 12months and/or with assistance?

Re: TTC > 12months and/or with assistance?

Postby yellow hen » Mon Mar 05, 2022 7:39 pm

hi girls, I'm a first timer on this thread so hope you dont mind me joining in. We've been ttc for 1 year now. This is our last month trying unassisted before we move to clomid. I had a bilateral ovarian laparoscopy in December which removed two cysts and also the very early stages of endometriosis. None of these issues should have effected our fertility though. I now have had some of my left ovary removed and still have a fully functioning right one.

Since the laparoscopy, I tend to ovulate on day 18/19 (based on cm and clearblue monitor) but my cycle is still only 29days long so i do have a short LP. I take vitamin b12 to try and lengthen it. I also take baby aspirin to help implantation.

So that is my background in a nutshell. I am now on the 2ww so twiddling my thumbs waiting :zzzz:

I just need to chat to other people as it's difficult to talk to friends about and whilst my husband is brilliant, I think men in general find it difficult to understand the turmoil we go through each month. :weep
So, nice to meet you all. :thnk
yellow hen
New Wolly

Postby lexigrace » Tue Mar 06, 2022 3:35 pm

Hello Ladies! I'm new to this whole posting on Forums but have decided to bite the bullet and post my story as reading everybodys elses journey has really helped me. I'm 32 and TTC for almost 2 years. I had a lap and hysteroscopy late last year which confirmed I have PCOS. I dont have any of the symptoms, BMI in the lower range of healthy, have a 28-30 day cycle, seem to ovulate (according to Persona) but AF is extremely light and last for just 2 days. I have been on glucophage for 3 cycles and waiting to go back to fertility clinic to see what the next step will be. I'm sure it will be clomid but at this stage i just want whatever is going to get me a BFP ASAP!!! Is anybody else a thin cyster with PCOS without any of the classic symptoms? I want to be prepared for my next appointment at the clinic and go in with a list of questions but i really dont know what to ask!!! I know it may not seem like a long time to be TTC but every step seems to take so long and the disappointment every month is getting harder to take....
lexigrace
New Wolly

Postby mar09 » Tue Mar 06, 2022 5:23 pm

yellow hen - welcome to the thread. I know exactly what you mean about just wanting to talk to people. Keeps us all sane. My Mum, sisters and a few friends know my story but its great to come on here with people who are in the same boat as you and know exactly how you are feeling!

lexigrace - I am a thin cyster too but i do have other classic symptoms i.e i have them all except for the weight issue!!! Facial hair, fast growing body hair, thin head hair, looooonnnnng cycles - last one was 6 months. I knew myself that i had pcos for a long time but just had it confirmed by internal scan last month. I'm on my first round of Clomid, have been prescribed 3 rounds to see how i respond so if that doesn't work i'm back to the clinic in 3 months and i think its injections then. I have to have my bloods checked next week though (cd21) and if i haven't ovulated then she'll up the clomid dose for the next cycle. I wish i had questioned the reason for a 3 day dose over a 5 day dose and why cd 1 -3 rather than cd 3 - 7!I also want to ask next time why she didn't prescribe me with metformin. also what are the long term health consequences of having pcos. I have read since the app that pcos can lead to diabetes and heart problems, i want to know if that applies to all pcos sufferers or just pcos sufferers who have the weight problem with it. Don't know if you want to add any of those questions to your list or not.

please god we will all get off this forum someday soon!!!!
Came off pill Jan 2011 but very long and irregular cycles.
First fertility app in Feb 2012 - confirmed PCOS
Started on Clomid Feb 12, fingers and toes crossed!
1st Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-3 - Day 21 Prog 46.8
2nd Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-3 - Day 21 Prog 27 (ov'd on day 18)
3rd Round of Clomid 50mg CD 1-5 - Day 21 prog .5 (ov'd on day 21)
4th Round of Clomid 100mg CD 1-3 - Last round before lap and dye in July!!! Fingers crossed!

mar09
Mini Wolly

Postby lexigrace » Wed Mar 07, 2022 10:44 am

Yellow hen, good luck with your tww, really hope this is your lucky cycle! This is the first month i didnt get an 'o' on my opk at day 14/15 or 16 so not sure if i didnt o at all or going to o in the next day or so!!

Mar09, thanks a mil for those questions you had, i have put them on my own list also. Havent even thought of the long term effects of pcos with being so wrapped up in ttc! I havent told anybody at all what we are going through so this forum is brilliant for me to be able to vent! Thankfully i dont have family asking any questions apart from DH sisters who occasionally ask in a joking way but i have been able to smile and brush them off so far! From other websites that i've come accross there have been a good few success stories with clomid and metformin so definately ask why you are not on that when you go back. Its hard on your tummy when you first start taking it but i've got use to it now. The only thing my appetite isnt as good as it was before i started taking it and have gone from 8 stone to 7 stone 6lb so trying to work on putting on a few pounds.Just something to bear in mind seeing as you too are a thin cyster!!

Please God we wont be on this Forum for long and can move along to the next exciting stage....
lexigrace
New Wolly

Postby mar09 » Wed Mar 07, 2022 11:01 am

Thanks lexigrace for that, will defo be asking why i'm not on it! I know i said i'm thin but i'm not quite as thin as you :-8 I'm 9 and a half stone but i'm 5 ft 8 so i suppose what i should have said is that i'm slim!! I asked my consultant if the fact that i don't have the weight issue will help my cause and she said it will so thats good to know anyways! She also said the fact that i have lots of cysts is good because it means i have lots of eggs so thats another positive i suppose! i just wish now that i had temped this cycle so that i would know where i am at and also had a session of two of acupuncture to help the cause but i just wanted to see how the clomid would do on its own. Now i'm afraid that i won't ovulate and that i'll be waiting another age for a period which means another age before i can start a stronger dose!!
4th Round of Clomid 100mg CD 1-3 - Last round before lap and dye in July!!! Fingers crossed!

mar09
Mini Wolly

Postby HippyChic » Sun Mar 11, 2022 5:11 pm

Hi girls. Haven't posted here in a while as I've been avoiding the TTC forum in general. Still waiting on the appointment with fertility doc, know it's a long waiting list so just want to be seen at some stage this year if possible.
Have gotten to the stage where I am completely numb. Well, not completely, I'm angry too but mostly numb. Have stopped temping and using OPK's, can barely even bring myself to take EPO and vitamins. AF arrived the other day and I didn't even care. H2B is at the sadness stage, everything hurts, other peoples joy breaks his heart but I've gone beyond that now, I am angry and bitter and I have just lost hope.
Sorry for the big downer but I needed to let that out :o(
-Let's eat Grandpa
-Let's eat, Grandpa

Correct punctuation can save lives...
HippyChic
Wolly Addict

Postby mar09 » Sun Mar 11, 2022 9:32 pm

HappyChic, i'm so sorry to hear you so down. I don't want to patronise you by saying chin up or any of that stuff. This ttc lark is very hard! Hope you can move past the downer you are on at the moment very soon. In the meantime don't apologise for coming on here and having a rant, thats what we are here for :action32

mar09
Mini Wolly

Postby lexigrace » Mon Mar 12, 2022 1:10 pm

Well, I had my app with the fertility clinic this morning and have been prescribed clomid 50mg for cd 1-3, stay on the glucophage and go in on day 12 for a shot of pregnyl. I have to try this for 3 months and if no progress then I think its going to be injections after that. I'm feeling more positive and like we are making progress at last. I don’t think I ever believed the glucophage on its own was really going to work so the fact that its going to be combined with the clomid and have the shot of pregnyl I’m feeling alot more hopeful. I asked what the long term outcome for pcos was and she said possibly high cholesterol and diabetes but ill worry about them when and if I have to.

Hippychic, I'm really sorry to hear you are on a bit of a downer. I hope it will pass and you can get back to the hopeful stage... I know it’s a lot easier said than done, we are almost 2 years at this crack so i know it can become all consuming and take over your life if you let it. I really hope you get your appointment soon, I think that’s what you really need now to get yourself back on track. We’re all going thru the same rubbish so you’re in good company for ranting :action32
lexigrace
New Wolly

Postby mrsbo » Mon Mar 12, 2022 7:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I would like to say hi and join you all- really wish I didnt have to but need to educate myself a bit more about all this unfortunately. I am working through the last few months of posts so hello to everyone :wv.You are all such inspiration and I have learned so much from you all.

Will share a little bit about us.......
Married 6 months, and together 4 years nearly

Hubbie is soo supportive and positive, but I am getting more worried every month and dont want to completely burden him. We have not told any of our families about our difficulties.

I came off the pill in Summer 2010, and while we were not trying we werent not trying either. We have been trying a bit more since Jan 2011, and I have been tracking my cycle since last July....and using CBFM for past 6 weeks. Got a peak ( positive ovulation) first month so was delighted with that, but was day 18 so think we were concentrating our >:o) too early in the month. Think my luteal phase is on the short side at 11 days but will see how this month goes.

I am 34, 35 next month and hubbie is younger at 29.
Using CBFM last 6 weeks and got a Peak first month- tried sticks before that and were all negative.
Taking Pregnacare conception vitamins and EPO.

We are both normal weight - BMI of 24 both very healthy,both non -smokers, no drug use, some booze but very light for recent years.
Healthy sex life- hubbie is unbearable if we dont make love at least 2- 3 times week.
My periods have always been normal, no issues with period pain or PMT
I have read the Zita West book, hubbie reading it at the mo.and am following some of her advice as in trying to reduce caffeine intake, and work stress in my case ( not always easy as I work long hours, am the main breadwinner at the mo due to recession and have a very stressful management position)

We are doing the SMEP plan this month
We are on day 12 today and am on track with the so far we dtd every days I had a high reading on CBFM last month( from day 10 through to day 22) so this is much easier. So far anyway. We will prob( hopefully) hit peak at the weekend so we are planning to head away for a quiet wknd for lots of bd

I have my smear in the morning, is there anything else I should ask them to check me for.....was reading a chlamydia test is important. Had a major check up 5 years ago when ex cheated on me, and have only slept with OH since so as we have not had any investigations yet am thinking of asking about checking for any STI's just in case thats a factor. ( not that I have any reason to worry iykwim )Also think am going to chat to them about starting investigations- 21 day bloods I guess is the starting point??

I made some enquiries re aupuncture today also so if no luck this month will start with that- know this can help; anyone have any reccommendations?? I am thinking of using someone based in Primacare in Lucan/Swords ( Zita West supplier), or maybe in my local home town which I could do on my day off and would prob be more relaxing

Am a bit down today about it all. My sis and my sis in-law are pregnant at the moment...I am thrilled for them both, and cant wait to meet my new lil niece/nephews but both have really bad morning sickness and never stop moaning about it. Good god what I would give to have morning sickness Really gets me down, but know Im just having a bad day. Feel like screaming at them though!!!!!!!

Just read a lot of the old posts...and am wondering about fertility clinics in public clinic.....are they just for advice or do they actually provide IVF and treatmets;am confused !!! We have no spare income at all so if there was a chance on the public system I would ask to be referred sooner rather than later in case its a long wait-thanks

Well look forward to sharing the ups and downs with you all :wv
2012 is going to be the year for our baby bump, please God xx

Make an ovulation ticker

34 years old & TTC since Jan 2011
Started Napro April 2012 - cycle 14
Bloods (Pre Meds)
April 2012 P=42 O= 547
May 2012 P=45 O=600
1st Napro appointment, starting meds June cycle Femara 2.5mgs Day 3, and Cyclogest /Pregnyl 2,500 units P+3,+5,+7, P+9

mrsbo
New Wolly

Postby mar09 » Tue Mar 13, 2022 11:14 pm

lexigrace wrote:Well, I had my app with the fertility clinic this morning and have been prescribed clomid 50mg for cd 1-3, stay on the glucophage and go in on day 12 for a shot of pregnyl. I have to try this for 3 months and if no progress then I think its going to be injections after that. I'm feeling more positive and like we are making progress at last. I don’t think I ever believed the glucophage on its own was really going to work so the fact that its going to be combined with the clomid and have the shot of pregnyl I’m feeling alot more hopeful. I asked what the long term outcome for pcos was and she said possibly high cholesterol and diabetes but ill worry about them when and if I have to.

lexigrace, you're on the same dose as me so which is unusual from what i've read. Did you ask why a 3 day dose over a 5 day dose by any chance? Are you attending galway fertility unit by any chance? I only ask because the dose is the same! It's great to hear that you are feeling upbeat and positive. I'm the same since i went for my app last month, much more positive!

mrsbo, for what its worth i think you are doing everything you can for the moment and it really could be something as simple as you were ovulating late in your cycle so therefore weren't getting the timing right. You could find now that you know your peak you could fall pregnant quite easily. Fingers crossed for you. Can't answer your question re the public system and ivf etc. It's definitely no harm to have your day 3 and 7dpo bloods done and the acupuncture is supposed to be great. I had a few sessions late last year but i don't think the timing was right as i was in the middle of a 6 month cycle but fingers crossed this cycle will be relatively normal (35 days if i'm pin pointing ovulation correctly) so i am going to start it again next cycle. It could help with lengthening your lutheal phase. Vit B6 is also supposed to be good for that so no harm to take that daily. Some recommend taking up to 150mg of it a day. Hope that answers some of your questions and best of luck with it all!

mar09
Mini Wolly

Postby mrsbo » Wed Mar 14, 2022 10:45 pm

thanks mar09 for the reassuarance, am hoping with a few months we can get some good news .....
thanks for the advice re bloods and vit B6 - think will do that next month, and have booked my first acupuncture session ....................poor you with 6 month cycles :eek that must be very tough on you .

Great to have such advice and support on here :wv even hubbie is reading it and getting to learn about it all
2012 is going to be the year for our baby bump, please God xx

Make an ovulation ticker

34 years old & TTC since Jan 2011
Started Napro April 2012 - cycle 14
Bloods (Pre Meds)
April 2012 P=42 O= 547
May 2012 P=45 O=600
1st Napro appointment, starting meds June cycle Femara 2.5mgs Day 3, and Cyclogest /Pregnyl 2,500 units P+3,+5,+7, P+9

mrsbo
New Wolly

Previous

Return to TTC