WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Postnatal Depression Support Group

Should we set up a PND support group?

Yes
98%
No
2%

Total votes : 83

Re: Postnatal Depression Support Group

Postby Goldielocked » Fri Oct 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Oh yeah lovemybaby, I'm a waaaaayyy better mammy! Sure shouting, crying and wanting to run away is what makes a perfect mammy isn't it???? :o0 :o0
Goldielocked
Mini Wolly

Postby Daff » Fri Oct 07, 2021 2:40 pm

well dd2 is in the swing and dd1 is in the bathroom playing with the sink while I'm hiding in kitchen with sweets and pepsi on WOL :-8 :o0
aka lovemybaby

DD1 born February 2010
DD2 born August 2011

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wakOXAR/]
Daff
Mums & Kids Best Contributor & Most Honest User 2011

Postby Goldielocked » Sat Oct 08, 2021 10:48 am

Ladies, the impossible is happening tonight. OH and I are going out!! Not only that we're staying in a hotel ALL NIGHT with no kids!!!! This aint gonna happen again so I plan on making the most of it haha :hic >:o) :hic >:o)

Let's hope this little break gives me enough time to relax and calm down a bit.
Goldielocked
Mini Wolly

Postby Daff » Tue Oct 18, 2021 8:32 pm

just wondering has anyone taking meds for PND and BF?

Was at a new GP tonight and he thinks I've got PND. Didn't give me a scirpt there for anything but said he'll call HS tomorrow to see what's safe and we'll keep an eye on it and see what needs to be done.

I'm still unsure that I have it. I know that sounds mad as I'm showing all the signs, but deep down I wonder maybe I'm just not coping cause it's just not possible to cope at moment with two small babies and that it'll get better as they get a bit bigger?

Also really really worried about taking anything while BF that could pass on to dd2. I don't want her to get any of it so would be prepared not to take somehting but hte GP I saw was very pro drugs cause he says it's a chemical imbalance and the only way to sort it is to give chemicals to fix it.

Lastly,I've read about terrible side effects. I'm having such a hard time as it is the last thing I need are side effects so these are also putting me off?
aka lovemybaby

DD1 born February 2010
DD2 born August 2011

Daff

Postby ructions » Wed Oct 19, 2021 11:13 am

Last edited by ructions on Fri Oct 21, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ructions
Royal Wolly

Postby Daff » Wed Oct 19, 2021 11:22 am

SS i think you've done the right thing. From your posts so far you remind me so much of myself when I'd dd1. I never got help and that's why this time I'm so insistent on finding it. I hope you're feeling better soon hun :lvs

I came back from Gp and Dh still hasn't asked what he said O:| GP told me that I'dto come home and tell DH that I've PND and need to take meds but i just couldn't. I feel so ashamed but know it's stupid. I'm even trying to think of a different chemist to go too cause don't want the girl I know working there knowing aobut it :-8
aka lovemybaby

DD1 born February 2010
DD2 born August 2011

Daff

Postby ructions » Wed Oct 19, 2021 11:59 am

Last edited by ructions on Fri Oct 21, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ructions
Royal Wolly

Postby Daff » Wed Oct 19, 2021 12:15 pm

I've been googling a lot on meds while BF - I know I should but that's the way I am :-8

I'm really really nervous about it. I juwst keep thinking that I should just leave be and suck it up and get through it. Waiting on doc to call with what he recommends and will see what info I can get on it then :o(
aka lovemybaby

DD1 born February 2010
DD2 born August 2011

Daff

Postby ructions » Wed Oct 19, 2021 12:20 pm

ructions
Royal Wolly

Postby blueboots » Sat Oct 22, 2021 7:52 am

Hi Lovemybaby

I am not BF so i cant advise on that side of things but i just wanted to say that i felt the exact same as you before taking meds. I kept thinking i can get through this myself, whats wrong with me, surely i dont need medication. The doc gave me a perscription and i couldnt bring myself to take meds for at least a week untill by DH came into me with a glass of water and a tablet and said i HAD to take it. I was in such denial. Medication was SO the right path for me. I feel a million times better. I have been on them since DS was 6 weeks old and so far i have had no side effects. Im sure medication isnt the right choice for everyone but it did me ( and my family) the world of good. Feel free to PM me of you have any questions or just want a chat :wv
blueboots
Mini Wolly

Postby babyforme » Tue Nov 01, 2021 8:35 am

Our new dd is a week old and since yesterday I can't stop crying. Nothing to do with the two children I really couldn't ask for better.
Dh and I had a huge row so that's a lot if it. The phn is calling today to see dd and I'm so afraid she's going to take one look at my swollen eyes and think i'm not coping.
Dh is upstairs in bed while I'm sitting on the kitchen floor crying my eyes out what I picture :o(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

[/url]
babyforme
Mini Wolly

Postby mrssunflower » Tue Nov 01, 2021 8:55 am

:action32 you only had a baby 1 week ago, your hormones are all over the place so its only natural that you are crying today. I did too after coming out of hospital, crying is a good thing, it'll get rid of all that pressure and you'll feel 10 times better after you let it all out.

No harm saying it to your PHN, I'm sure she'll tell you the same.

If however you are still feeling like this next week or the week later then call into your GP

Please don't worry :action32
mrssunflower
Empress Wolly

Postby Marpat » Thu Nov 24, 2021 6:04 pm

Hi girls

just wanted to talk to a few people that might understand. I don't think I've Pnd but I'm just very down about one particular thing. The fact my baby making days ar gone. I've anunbearable urge to be pregnant again. Not really tohave another baby but the longing to have somebody care for me.

Every day I dream back to saying things like I wish it was this time 5 weeks ago instead of what age baby is. I did feel abut like thus last time too but not as bad. Because I did want 3. Hormones still raging I know. Just am craving for somebody to care about me again. I haven't cried much since he was born and I feel I'm coping ok.

ok I'm not sure any of that even makes ense. Just anybody I've said it to thinks I want another baby. Sorry for ranting and raving
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]
Marpat
Wolly Addict

Postby momof3 » Sat Nov 26, 2021 5:16 pm

Keep update. Have 3 under 3 and struggling . Love them all but something or everything doesn't feel right. Where do I start. I can't get over the trauma of the 2 day labour and the Heamorraging after but everyone else has forgot or doesn't really care. Comments like sure he's 11 wks now u must b back to ureself by now. Even thou bloods r v low and I'm so faint and tired. Apart from physically, I feel lost , like I'm not a person anymore. I never felt this bad or selfish after dd and ds1. I want to b more then just a mammy. Someone phones it's just how's the kids or calls to see "the kids" my mum took me and dh out of cris cindle for Xmas cause everyone had to buy for our kids. I miss work so much that I'm always thinking of what would b going on there and how I'll have missed soo much when back march 8th. Dh doesn't get it and gets to swan in and out when he feels like it , I feel like I've lost my whole identity as an individual and I'm just on auto pilot. The new babs is brill. He had colic for the first 7 wks or so but now he just feeds, plays on his own for a while and off to sleep again, an angel so y am I do miserable. I was on norzac while pregnant
But after a chat with Phn and gp I've been changed to lexapro 15mg. I think they're making it worse, I'm wrecked all the time. Ds is still up for a feed at 4am and I always do it cause dh never wakes. He tried to gives a night off Wednesday night and stayed on the couch. At 4 as usual ds woke, I heard him screaming from our room upstairs. I came down, dh fast asleep beside him so can't do much about lack of sleep at the moment. What I trying to say is I'm not sure if it's pnd or just tiredness. I count the hrs from getting the 2 toddlers up until they go to bed at 7:30. My dd is really trying my patience and I'm constantly begging dh to take her away for a few hrs. I know that sounds terrible. I've no family really that could help out and none of my friends have kids yet and think I was crackers having them in the 1st place so I can't explain how tough I'm finding it. Dd and ds go to crèche 1 day as its all we can afford at the mo. Don't know what to do / think / say anymore. Hope it passes soon
Mom of three precious Kiddies

Daughter June 2008
Son September 2009
Son. September 2011

momof3
Mini Wolly

Postby Busy Mom » Mon Nov 28, 2021 3:14 pm

Really sorry I can't do a proper reply as my hand are full but just wanyed to say I'm on lexapro too and found I was wrecked on them so then I started taking them before bed and the tiredness is gone

Will try get to reply later

Busy Mom
Woloholic

PreviousNext

Return to Mums & Kids