WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Postnatal Depression Support Group

Should we set up a PND support group?

Yes
98%
No
2%

Total votes : 83

Re: Postnatal Depression Support Group

Postby momof3 » Mon Nov 28, 2021 6:33 pm

Thanks for ure reply busy mom - lol
Taking it 10pm, I go to bed at 11:30pm after the last feed and then I'm up again at 4am although he did sleep thru the last 2 nights and I don't feel too tired today
Mom of three precious Kiddies

Daughter June 2008
Son September 2009
Son. September 2011

momof3
Mini Wolly

Postby Gingham » Thu Dec 01, 2021 5:56 pm

Last edited by Gingham on Wed Dec 07, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ds1 2009
Ds2 2011

Gingham
Woloholic

Postby Gingham » Thu Dec 01, 2021 6:07 pm

dp
Ds1 2009
Ds2 2011

Gingham
Woloholic

Postby Mommy2Two » Sun Jan 01, 2022 5:19 pm

Girls could I ask ye, for those who had PND after first baby, did you get it on subsequent pregnancies? My dd was 11 weeks premature, spent 8 weeks in hopital, was on deaths door etc etc - all those things are a possibility again for this pregnancy, yet I feel I can cope with it all - except for PND again.

[/url]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mommy2Two
Major Wolly

Postby Goldielocked » Mon Jan 02, 2022 12:24 pm

I finally had enough before Christmas and went to see my gp. She was amazed I managed to leave it so long before going to see her. Anyway, she gave me a prescription for Ciprager and I've been so ill since taking them! It's been 2 weeks now and I've had flu symptoms, nausea, diarhoea, headaches and such bad exhaustion. Has anyone else experienced the same? I'm wondering if it's going to settle down itself or if I need a different med??
Goldielocked
Mini Wolly

Postby Gingham » Wed Jan 04, 2022 10:02 pm

Goldielocked wrote:I finally had enough before Christmas and went to see my gp. She was amazed I managed to leave it so long before going to see her. Anyway, she gave me a prescription for Ciprager and I've been so ill since taking them! It's been 2 weeks now and I've had flu symptoms, nausea, diarhoea, headaches and such bad exhaustion. Has anyone else experienced the same? I'm wondering if it's going to settle down itself or if I need a different med??

Could you try changing when you take your tablet? I changed from taking mine in the morning to just before I go to bed and I noticed a big difference in side effects. However if the side effects get really bad I would get onto your gp, she will know more and if they are normal side effects or if you need to change your meds. The symptoms you are having though do seem fairly common though when people start meds but they should ease as time goes on.
It takes time for meds to kick in and I think I didn't feel any real improvement until I was on them about 6 weeks, I am taking lexapro. It was a more gradual thing aswell, it didn't happen over night. My anxiety was also worse before the meds balanced out and my system got used to them. Some of the side effects you have can be due to depression/anxiety aswell....did you have any of them before you took the tablets? PND can play havoc with you body...

Hope you are feeling somewhat better..
Ds1 2009
Ds2 2011

Gingham
Woloholic

Postby anonymammy » Sun Jan 22, 2022 2:52 pm

I have just read through this entire thread! To be honest I never really even noticed it before and am so glad to have found it.

I haven't been diagnosed yet but can relate to so much of what you have said here that I'm 100% sure that I have been suffering from PND, and probably for quite a while now without even realising what is wrong. I have 2 children and my youngest is over a year now and I think this has been going on since before I was pregnant with him, but going back to work full time has just made it all so much worse.

I'm scared to admit it to myself or my family at the minute. DH doesn't understand. I am still shocked that I didn't realise it before now. Part of me is relieved and hoping that I'll be able to get the help I need now while part of me is terrified of it all and just wants to run and hide. :-8
anonymammy
New Wolly

Postby Goldielocked » Tue Jan 24, 2022 5:20 pm

anonymammy, I felt exactly the same. I was terrified of admitting it. But once I admitted it to my GP, it was so much easier telling OH, friends and family. OH didn't really understand it at first either so I asked him to read up about it online and he is much more supportive now.

I feel a million times better now that I've started the meds. Like you, I've two young babies too and they pushed me to do something about it. I didn't want them growing up with a sad and grumpy mammy.

I hope you find the strength to talk to someone about it soon :action32
Goldielocked
Mini Wolly

Postby Busy Mom » Thu Jan 26, 2022 3:50 pm

Has anyone who is on lexapro or any other tablet gone downhill after a period of being great? I'm on 10mg of lexapro for 4 months now and have been great thank god but I started back in work three mornings a week last week and all this week my temper & impatience is back. I don't know whether to give it a bit more time or should I go back to my gp. I'm loving work so it's not stress

Busy Mom
Woloholic

Postby Psycho Sue » Thu Jan 26, 2022 8:57 pm

Hey busy mom,
I couldn't read your post and not reply. I just wanted to say that I'm not on Lexepro, I'm on Lustral but I started back in work after 8 months off with pnd on the 3rd Jan and while I love being back at work (even tho I don't love the job) I actually think you could just be tired. Its nice being away from the kiddies but give yourself a few weeks before going back to see your gp. Maybe ring them and speak to them and see what they say....
I think that you might just be a little more tired than usual but maybe your gp would suggest a small increase for a month or two first....

Sorry I'm not much help, I just couldn't read and not reply.

Hope you feel better soon
Sue
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Psycho Sue
Woloholic

Postby lush11 » Sun Jan 29, 2022 1:33 pm

lush11
Woloholic

Postby StylishB » Wed Feb 22, 2022 11:32 am

Hi there,

I have been suffering with acute Anxiety over last two months and have been diagnosed as having PND / OCD. I have stupid racing thoughts and think its OCD. I worry about worrrying & obsessing if you know what i mean. My child is 5 months. I am currently taking 30mg of Cipramil, have been on this dose 2 weeks, was on 20mg for 4 weeks previous. The thing is I dont think they are helping with my Anxiety at all ;o( Can anyone else relation to my situation , anxiety is hell and feel if i dont get on top of it, i will end up depressed !!
StylishB
New Wolly

Postby doone » Mon Apr 23, 2022 3:34 pm

hope you don't mind me posting here !

i'm having some really bad days since going back to work, everyone said the first day was the worst but for me it was fine but 8 weeks on i'm finding it so hard. DS is 1 next week and i had never though for a second i wasn't coping but now i think maybe i wasn't and with work on top of it its really pushed me over the edge.

Finally said it to DH last nite, felt so bad telling him that there are nites i just say ah i'm really tired gonna go to bed early when really i just don't know how i'll go on for another second without crying my eyes out. I really don't no if i should see someone about it, some days i feel so stupid for being like that and tell myself its just tiredness or cause DS has been sick. really hoping that things settle down

doone
Mini Wolly

Postby zowiebowie » Mon Apr 23, 2022 5:26 pm

Hi Doone - just wanted to say that you did the right thing by talking to your husband. Did you feel a bit better after sharing it with him? When I had PND (after both babies), I felt a massive weight lifted off me after talking to my DD. He explained how I was feeling to my parents because I couldnt do it without bursting into tears. The 3 of them kept saying we'd sort it out and make things better and just hearing them say that made me feel a huge sense of relief.
It sounds like you might benefit from a mild anti depressent for a little while. After DD2 I was on Lexapro 20mg for 3 months and at that stage I felt ready to come off them. I spoke to my GP and he was happy to wean me off. The point is, I felt normal again and in control when i came off them but they got me through a really low period in my life. Maybe you should chat to your GP?

I hope you feel better soon
x
zowiebowie
Mini Wolly

Postby Gingham » Sat Apr 28, 2022 9:19 pm

Doone....so sorry to hear you are feeling this way, I agree with everything Zowiebowie says. I would go to your gp and have a chat, explain how you are feeling, they are so understanding when it comes to PND....it does sound like you might have it, they might suggest some counselling or a short course of anti depressants... I was also on lexapro and it saved my life..I was in an awful place and i took it for 6 months and with counselling I can honestly say I have never felt better......you have taken the first step and admitted how you are feeling, things will only get better from here. Please go to your gp and talk to them...life is way to short to feel down!
Ds1 2009
Ds2 2011

Gingham
Woloholic

PreviousNext

Return to Mums & Kids