WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Napro

Re: Napro

Postby April2005 » Sun May 13, 2022 10:52 am

Hi Laides,

Hope you're all having a lovey Sunday.

AF arrived with a bang yesterday, really heavy :o( I spoke with Dr O'F on Friday evening she said the reason my Oest could be because of the accident I had when I hurt my hand, she said not to worry about it as my hormones have been fab. Dh keeps saying we're so close, I really hope we are. We're away on the 2nd of June I will be due to have p+7 bloods while we're away so i will get them done in Lanzarote.

Hopefull, that's terrible your doctor didnt call you back, this TTC business is hard enough, give them a piece of your mind on Monday....

Perle, when do you take the Exputex? Sorry to hear about your pain, i dont know what that could be, did you eat anything strange last night?

Thanks for all your lovely wishes :lvs , I really hope there is a run of BFP's soon.

Have a lovely day, I've just put some banana bread muffins in the oven, cant wait to eat them >:o)

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
Me 33 DH 40
TTC Jan 07 M/C June 07 & Sept 2011
Joined Napro Oct 10 -Not Ovulating & Low Progestrone & Short LP
The Plan - LDN 4.5mgs 1 a nigth. 5mg Prednisolone daily. Vitamin D3 4 tabs daily, Omega 3, 2 tabs daily. 14 Femara CD3 & 14 Femara CD4, HCG Trigger 20,000 peak, then 5000 p+3+5+7 I'm taking cycolgest until HCG comes in. DH is on the same Vitamin's. Glucophage 3 x 500mg daily
Aleriges - Cow's Milk, Bakers & Brewers Yeast, Potato, Peas, Red Kindey Beans & Blackberries.
Next Appointment with Napro 21st September 2012.
Latest Bloods P= 84.80 O = 253 3rd May 12
P= 70.70 O= 458 29th March 12
P= 89.10 O =522- 28th Feb 12
P= 74.80 O= 420 28th Jan 12

If you can't see the bright side....polish the dull side....
April2005
Mini Wolly

Postby alecb » Sun May 13, 2022 12:02 pm

Hi Ladies, Hope the weather's nice where you all are. Sunny for now here but a bit windy (not helped by the fact we live on the side of a mountain!!!), gonna go sit out for a bit & read a book.

Sorry AF arrived April, DH is right, you're getting closer all the time, fingers crossed it will be soon for you & all of us.

Hopeful, hope you get your P+7 bloods back tomorrow, I must ring ring mine too.

Perle, hope you're feeling better, what a strange pain to get. Have no idea what it could be but on Friday p+11 for me, I had a sharp pain on my lower right side - I was walkng through the office & it was so sharp that it actually stopped me in my tracks. For me I'm assuming it's just the rumblings of AF starting as today is CD28, p+13 - wonder what it could be, hope you don't get it again Perle. I'm expecting AF tomorrow as last month she arrived 7 days after p+9 injection & tomorrow is 7 days after p+7 injection (have stopped p+9). I've been crampy since Friday but only realised last night boobs aren't sore like they usually are!

Have been a bit down this weekend over this & that & the fact that we were 4 years married yesterday. I know it's just the usual let down of AF arriving but some times it's harder than others especially when I'm surrounded (just a tad exaggerated) by pregnant women where I work - 1 girl got married a month before us & is pregnant with her 3rd & another girl only got married last summer & is 5 months along already >:o( I suppose I'm more pissed off than upset but sure what can we do only keep going.

Do any of ye watch Giuliana & Bill? Watched a couple of episodes of the new series this morning, she's one brave lady. It's nice to see some one so open about their struggles. She says you have 2 choices in life - you can be miserable or you can try to be happy - well I always try to be happy but sometimes it takes more effort than others. Ok, I need a kick in the butt to snap out of this mood, I think the sun is callin me!

Anyways, have a lovely Sunday everyone. :babydust:
Me 35, DH 35
TTC since Oct 08, never got BFP, Deminished Ovarian Reserve
DH fine
L&D in Nov 10 - no probs, Polyp removed June 11
IUI Feb 11 - BFN
IUI April 11 - BFN
FHS 14 in Oct 10, 9.7 Aug 11, 11.8 Nov 11
Joined Napro Oct 11, low progesterone

Taking CD3 10 letrozole, 10,000 hcg Day 15 & 2,500 hcg p+3, 5, & 7

Omega 3 & vit D, cyklokapron for heavy af & prednisolone

Next Appointment 28th September 2012 with Dr B unless I see him before then for a scan!!!

Here's hoping we all get our BFP's in 2012

March P71.5 O599
April P133 O598
May P63 O410
June P96.7 O661
alecb
New Wolly

Postby hopeful1973 » Sun May 13, 2022 4:59 pm

Perle, don't know what to think about your pain, if you went to the toilet after then it could be linked to that, but then again that in itself is a good sign!!! Are you going to ask the doc? thanks for info re Exputex, when did you take it again like from what CD onwards? I'm on CD5 today should I have started it by now? And how much??

April your banana bread muffins sound yum! So sorry to hear AF arrived hon :action31 That's funny they said your estradiol was low cos of you hurting your hand, Dr B said my bloods last month would be low cos of my tubal cath it's funny how they put down low levels to that sort of thing isn't it? We're heading to Lanzarote as well in a couple of weeks - will you be there then LOL?!

Alec, Happy Anniversary hon xxx I know it's always hard when anniversaries or birthdays or Christmas or whatever rolls around and we are still without our baby. Please God at your next Anniversary you will have your much longed for baby :lvs Don't watch Guiliana & Bill but I know what's been happening on it and fair play to her and the both of them. I'd love to be able to afford a surrogate I have to say, we make good embies DH and I it's just me who seems to kill them off anytime they're transferred into me.... A surrogate would really work for us i think.

Girls can I ask how long do your AFs last? Mine lasts barely 2 days (red blood) with another couple of days spotting around it. I was thinking of asking Dr B if I could do anything about it.

Hx
Me 38, DH 38
AMH 4.8 Feb 2010
IVF No. 1 Sims, Dublin: BFN 13th March 2010
IVF No. 2 Sims, Dublin: BFP 26th July, m/c 14th August 2010
Sept 2010: Chicago bloods results show elevated TNF Alpha cytokines need Humira injections. Started Humira evening 30th Sept... Chicago retest 26th October. 3.11.10: Got retest results, have only dropped to 39.4 from 42.9 (needs to be under 30) two more Humira injections taken.
IVF No. 3 January/February 2011 Gennet, Prague: OTD 5th Feb. BFN...
IVF No. 4, ARGC London. Monitored cycle Chicago bloods showed very elevated cytokines - 64! On Humira. HSG 13th May 11 shows left tube open yay! 20.6.11: Hysteroscopy, all fine. 24.6.11: Chicago retest shows cytokines down to 44. Another 2 humira prescribed. 28.7.11: Started fourth IVF cycle. Two blasts transferred 13.8.11. 23.8.11: BFN

Oct' 11: Consult with ZW clinic. Started Napro charting. 18.1.12: Appt with Dr. B. Have my Napro plan of action, come on my BFP!!!

Dec bloods: Prog: 42 Oestradiol: 606
Jan bloods: Prog: 55 Oestradiol: 386
Feb bloods (first month on napro meds): Prog:59.8 Oestradiol: 956 (cholesterol: 4.86 yay!)
March bloods: Prog: 164.4 Oestradiol: 1701 (?!) (Cholesterol 5.92 boo)
April bloods: Prog: 18.5; Oestradiol: 410.
May bloods: Prog: 90; Oestradiol: 1495; TSH: 2.1; Testosterone: 1.9; Dhea 10.
hopeful1973
Supreme Wolly

Postby perle » Sun May 13, 2022 6:36 pm

Thanks for all the replies ladies. Don't think I'll bother asking the doc about the pain unless it happens again. Re exputex I would take it for about a week before ovulation but I don't think you would need to take it for that many days. April sorry AF arrived but think positive thoughts... This is a brand new start. Hopeful AF generally last 6 days for me but only 3 of those days would be heavy red blood.
perle
New Wolly

Postby perle » Mon May 14, 2022 12:07 pm

Ladies,

I just got my P+6 bloods back and they are mental. P = 123.5 and O = 1213!

Hopeful I know yours were like that 2 months back and the doc reduced your femara dose after that. At the time we thought it might mean 2 eggs...did Dr B say anything that might suggest that that might be the explanation? Seems insanely high to me.
perle
New Wolly

Postby April2005 » Mon May 14, 2022 12:46 pm

Wow Perle, great bloods! Have you rang D B? What CD are you? Could this be good news?

Also what day do you take the exputex, how much & for how long? think I might try that this month along with pineapple juice!!
Me 33 DH 40
The Plan - LDN 4.5mgs 1 a nigth. 5mg Prednisolone daily. Vitamin D3 4 tabs daily, Omega 3, 2 tabs daily. 14 Femara CD3 & 14 Femara CD4, HCG Trigger 20,000 peak, then 5000 p+3+5+7 I'm taking cycolgest until HCG comes in. DH is on the same Vitamin's. Glucophage 3 x 500mg daily
Aleriges - Cow's Milk, Bakers & Brewers Yeast, Potato, Peas, Red Kindey Beans & Blackberries.

April2005
Mini Wolly

Postby April2005 » Mon May 14, 2022 12:50 pm

My pharmacist called to say that she can get a pregnal replacement its called Gonasi, has anyone heard of it? She said its double the price of pregnal and its unlicenced so its not covered under the drug payment scheme. I have 8 viles of pregnal left so will take 4 for my trigger this month & stick with the cyclogest post peak and the same nxt month & hopefully pregnal will be back then. Just dont fancy forking out €120 for Gonasi ontop of €90 for femara & then another €20 for the other bits n bobs.
Me 33 DH 40

April2005
Mini Wolly

Postby Pema » Mon May 14, 2022 7:32 pm

libby - thats good to hear about the Exputex. I found out by accident O:| 2 cycles ago that it
was really good for my cm, as I had a head cold and was taking it. Its got the same
ingredient as mucodyne, so I stopped the mucodyne in case I OD'd on the stuff!! Last cycle I took it when I was getting no ewcm at all after a split peak.....took enough in 24 hours to get things moving the next day, so I'm going to stick with it in future. I only needed to take it 3x 15ml in one day and 1 x 15ml day 2. Didn't bother getting the mucodyne this month as I don't think its doing anything for me. Going to say it in my appt tomorrow as I meet Dr C...I have a long list of questions this time around.

hi perle...I am in agony sometimes like that...could nearly faint with the pain...but usually
related to my eating habits, or sometimes lack of eating. HTH. Wow - they are great bloods - go girl!! Who knows what that pain was after all...FX :babydust: :babydust:

ahh April...can't believe the witch showed her head again. Tinkin of you pet. :lvs I'm using the Gonasi since last cycle. I triggered with Pregnyl as I had a vile left, and then had the Gonasi P+3,5,7. As you will see from my bloods, it looks like I took no drugs, and I'm sure Dr C will assume I forgot the drugs somewhere - but I definitely took all my femara and HCG perfectly. So I have been thinking was the Gonasi fake...that might sound hilarious, but there's plenty counterfeit drugs out there. But considering my bloods were even worse than pre-meds, and my AF was crap for the first time ever, I think I'm just clutching at straws with my counterfeit drugs ideas...lol

alecb - happy anniversary pet. did AF arrive? Never heard of Giuliana & Bill...will check it out ;)

hopeful - CD 7 for me today. My AF usually lasts 5 or 6 days, but this cycle was only 2 days, with BB afterwards. All linked to the low progesterone I suppose. I'll be in my appointment tomorrow morning, so will be asking Dr C about AF length and if it indicates any issues. Will also ask her that question we were wondering about DTD and lack of cm the next day. Will let you know how it goes. Did you get your bloods back??

AFM...very very strange twinges the past few days. Not AF related as its gone and too early for ov. Not sore, just twinges. Also on the final cycle of the second set of pages on the charting book...another milestone or lack of milestone!.... :action34

I was just thinking it's such a shame we're all at opposite ends of the country as it would've been great to meet up once in a while O-O . ...some of you make such long trips for your appointments...I hope you all know how amazing you are in the quest of motherhood :heartbeat:
TTC Since 2007
2010: 1st L&D (mild PCOS & endo) - MC # 1 (unassisted)
2011: MC # 2 (unassisted) - July Napro - 2nd L&D (remv. endo & ovarian drilling) - Started meds Nov
2012: Meds modified (January + June), Successful FT Feb 2012.
Meds: 10xFemara(CD2), HCG: 5000P-1,2500P+3/5/7/9
Supplements: 1250IU Vit D3, Fertility+, 1250mgFlaxseed Oil, 100mg VitB6, 500mg Vit C (with bio-flavanoids).

Bloods:
Pre-Meds: P=42+; O=500+ (3 cycles tested)
With Meds:
Feb 2012 P=63.8; O=809 (Good Cycle # 1)
Mar 2012 P=70.9; O=603 (Good Cycle # 2)
Apr 2012 P=24.9; O=721 Not a Good Cycle :(
May 2012 P=39; O=844 Not a Good Cycle :(

Social Networking Napro Group available on Facebook - please PM me if you'd like to connect with us

Pema
New Wolly

Postby alecb » Mon May 14, 2022 8:08 pm

Hi Ladies, Just a quick post as I'm rather cranky & a bit mental to say the least!!! CD29, p+14 & still no af. Was expecting it today but at this stage I'm guessing it'll be tomorrow. As I said I'm cranky, back is playing up, a bit crampy & had a little bit of yellowish spotting today so not under any illusions that anything else is going on. Also found out today my cousin who's only married since end of december is pregnant >:o( >:o( >:o( Obviously delighted for them but come on!!!!! Do any of ye ever wonder if the reason it's not happening is gods or the universe's way of saying we're not a perfect match for each other? Don't get me wrong, totally love DH & wouldn't change him or want to be with anyone else for the world but sometimes I wonder is someone or something trying to tell us something? It really shouldn't be this hard especially when it's so easy for others.

Ok sorry for ranting like a lunatic but you know your selves what this can be like.

Sorry for the lack of personals, will be in a better mood in a day or so.

:babydust:
Me 35, DH 35
TTC since Oct 08, never got BFP, Deminished Ovarian Reserve
DH fine
L&D in Nov 10 - no probs, Polyp removed June 11
IUI Feb 11 - BFN
IUI April 11 - BFN
FHS 14 in Oct 10, 9.7 Aug 11, 11.8 Nov 11
Joined Napro Oct 11, low progesterone

Taking CD3 10 letrozole, 10,000 hcg Day 15 & 2,500 hcg p+3, 5, & 7

Omega 3 & vit D, cyklokapron for heavy af & prednisolone

Next Appointment 28th September 2012 with Dr B unless I see him before then for a scan!!!

Here's hoping we all get our BFP's in 2012

March P71.5 O599
April P133 O598
May P63 O410
June P96.7 O661
alecb
New Wolly

Postby perle » Tue May 15, 2022 12:33 pm

Well I rang Dr b and he isn't going to change my mess as I have had one good cycle, one cycle where the bloods were low and one cycle where the bloods were high and all on the same dose. I wonder have I any chance of it happening this month with the high levels. I started Ldn last night for the first time and feel a bit queasy today. Anyone else have that side effect?
perle
New Wolly

Postby perle » Tue May 15, 2022 12:36 pm

Alecb any sign of AF today? Sometimes I think infertility is my karma for being a bunny or for punishing me for having things come too easy in life. I suppose you can't think like that tho or you'd drive yourself demented.
perle
New Wolly

Postby hopeful1973 » Tue May 15, 2022 1:21 pm

Hi girls

Perle, yeah mine were similar to yours a couple of months ago. When I went to see Dr. B he reckoned I’d ovulated 2 eggs which makes sense (if you divide your levels by 2 you still get good bloods). Thing is the month after (last month) they were Crap! He did reduce my femara to 4 from 5 and I’m still on that now on Day 3.

I’m on LDN and can’t say I’ve noticed any side affects at all. Hopefully it’ll settle down for you soon.

Pema, how much did you take the exputex, from your post it looks like you only took it for 2 days is that right? I knocked back some this morning LOL :o0 Still haven’t gotten my bloods back must ring again later, just hard to find a moment in work. How did your appt go? Did you ask about the lack of cm after DTDing?! I emailed Dr. B about my short AF but he said as long as the FT showed my lining was good (which it did) that’s all he would be worried about and said not to change anything meds wise.

Alec, fair play to your cousin getting up the duff so quickly but my God it’s a killer to hear isn’t it? Yes, I had that very same thought yesterday, myself and DH have had our fair share of ups and downs and so far we’ve come through them and I just put it down to being married and having to work at it. But sometimes I feel like it’s the universe or God or whoever’s up there hinting heavily that it shouldn’t be this hard that we’re flogging a dead horse and trying to force something that will never happen. Like yourself he is the love of my life and as difficult as it can be, I wouldn’t be without him. Sure what can we do but keep trying? Any sign of AF?

AFM CD7 today as well (Pema, cycle buddy :wv ) and second day of testing with CBFM and low fertility so that’s to be expected. Started Exputex day before yesterday but then yesterday picked up an awful bug, throwing up, diarrhoea, sore skin, freezing but skin boiling hot etc. Thank God was only the one day. And do you know the first thing I think – even feeling that Shit? Hurray, cos it means my immune system isn’t as good as it was and maybe that was affecting implantation and maybe that’ll open the door for an embryo to actually implant!!!!!!! See, I’m crazy these days :action34

Hx
Me 38, DH 38
AMH 4.8 Feb 2010
Sept 2010: Chicago bloods results show elevated TNF Alpha cytokines need Humira injections. Started Humira evening 30th Sept... Chicago retest 26th October. 3.11.10: Got retest results, have only dropped to 39.4 from 42.9 (needs to be under 30) two more Humira injections taken.
IVF No. 4, ARGC London. Monitored cycle Chicago bloods showed very elevated cytokines - 64! On Humira. HSG 13th May 11 shows left tube open yay! 20.6.11: Hysteroscopy, all fine. 24.6.11: Chicago retest shows cytokines down to 44. Another 2 humira prescribed. 28.7.11: Started fourth IVF cycle. Two blasts transferred 13.8.11. 23.8.11: BFN

Oct' 11: Consult with ZW clinic. Started Napro charting. 18.1.12: Appt with Dr. B. Have my Napro plan of action, come on my BFP!!!

Feb bloods (first month on napro meds): Prog:59.8 Oestradiol: 956 (cholesterol: 4.86 yay!)
hopeful1973
Supreme Wolly

Postby perle » Tue May 15, 2022 2:13 pm

Thanks for that hopeful...lets hope in my case that it was 2 eggs and that both will fertilise and implant! When I took the exputex I used to take about a soup spoon ful twice a day. It really is powerful stuff. I would say even taking it for 2 days would make a difference.

In my earlier post I meant to say that sometimes I think infertility is karma for being bitchy...not bunny! I'm definitely more bitchy than bunny! I really need to be careful with the predictive typing on my phone! The last time the predictive typing interfered with my post I ended up telling someone to take expired cough syrup, rather than exputex. Goes to show, predictive typing can be bad for your health! :yelrotflmaosmilie:
perle
New Wolly

Postby hopeful1973 » Tue May 15, 2022 2:25 pm

I don’t think it’s your predictive text, I think it’s a WOL thing they change Bitch to Bunny unless you write it with a capital B I think LOL! They have alternatives for loads of swear words unless you write them with a capital letter
Yes, indeed let’s hope both eggs fertilise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to know re the exputex, that makes it nice and easy. Will take another swig when I get home so. You must go through a bottle a month so do you?
Me 38, DH 38
AMH 4.8 Feb 2010

hopeful1973
Supreme Wolly

Postby perle » Tue May 15, 2022 2:29 pm

I dont take the cough syrup anymore as I already feel like I take too many drugs and in fairness I seem to have enough cm without it. I used to go through about two thirds of a small bottle each cycle though.
perle
New Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance