WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Napro

Re: Napro

Postby MrsDoyle2006 » Tue May 08, 2022 4:08 pm

Hi hopeful i had a HSG and SIS about 18 mths ago and all was clear. scan today confirmed ov so fingers crossed
MrsDoyle2006
New Wolly

Postby codp » Tue May 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Hi ladies,

Hey April, i think the cyclosgest made my oest low for 2 cycles before also but defo see what doc says.

just quick post as work is crazy, ladies i need some help, i did my day 2 bloods again last cycle, for my own curiosity, my original ones over a year or so ago when i first did them for napro were all normal.

LH 4.3
FSH 6.1
Prolactin 780
oestradiol 168

the oestradiol is so high from what i remember its ment to be below 80 early in cycle, im freaking out cause any research ive done says firstly it can cause fsh to show a false reading and also that it can indicate a cyst (which wouldnt be the worst) or low ovarian reserve :eek , this would not be good, dh says im prob worring over noting, but i, wondering if its all meds playing havoac, since they were normal before. Do any of ye ladies have any ideas or remember what yere results were. Pretty please, trying to get through to my doc!!!
codp
Mini Wolly

Postby April2005 » Tue May 08, 2022 4:24 pm

Hey Codp,

thanks for that, had FT in Galway and they confirmed ovluation, I'm just hoping ( as I do every month, that this is the month)

I'll root out my levels later and will put them up.

Some of the newbies are looking for info on Dr Bradley, is that your doc?? Maybe you might be able to help them out. Its on the napro page on TTC, will bump it up for you.

xxx
Me 33 DH 40
TTC Jan 07 M/C June 07 & Sept 2011
Joined Napro Oct 10 -Not Ovulating & Low Progestrone & Short LP
The Plan - LDN 4.5mgs 1 a nigth. 5mg Prednisolone daily. Vitamin D3 4 tabs daily, Omega 3, 2 tabs daily. 14 Femara CD3 & 14 Femara CD4, HCG Trigger 20,000 peak, then 5000 p+3+5+7 I'm taking cycolgest until HCG comes in. DH is on the same Vitamin's. Glucophage 3 x 500mg daily
Aleriges - Cow's Milk, Bakers & Brewers Yeast, Potato, Peas, Red Kindey Beans & Blackberries.
Next Appointment with Napro 21st September 2012.
Latest Bloods P= 84.80 O = 253 3rd May 12
P= 70.70 O= 458 29th March 12
P= 89.10 O =522- 28th Feb 12
P= 74.80 O= 420 28th Jan 12

If you can't see the bright side....polish the dull side....
April2005
Mini Wolly

Postby hopeful1973 » Tue May 08, 2022 5:46 pm

Hey girls

Pleasework welcome to the thread, hope you're not here long! You're right to push on with your own plans, drives me nuts when we are patted on the head, told we have lots of time and to 'go off and have fun' it's so Bloody patronising.

April no idea what would cause estradiol to drop, wonder will they think it's really THAT low? Is it one of these things that fluctuate anyway maybe? I've been on cyclogest for a few months now and my estradiol has been ok on it. Hard to know. Let us know what your doc says.

MrsDoyle oh right. Well i suppose if they advise to have another one, wouldn't be a bad idea. Great ov was confirmed x

Codp my ovarian reserve is low (4.8 which is low for my age and that was 2 years ago when it was tested) and I'm just after looking up my Day 2 bloods that I had done before my ARGC cycle and my estradiol is 172. The range for 'follicular phase' which is what you're looking for is 77-921. My prolactin was much lower than yours. I have no idea if a low estradiol is connected to low AMH. Have you ever had your AMH tested? At the end of the day, I don't think about my AMH - the thign is I'm still ovulating and really in my mind that is all that matters, that an egg is being released. Did you get through to your doc?

AFM well my slight amount of hope yesterday was dashed of course this morning as I started spotting dark brown. Still at least I made it to Day 28 before it appeared, which is my best cycle yet acc to my charting. Have to say though I felt very sad this morning, couldn't shake it for ages...

Hx
Me 38, DH 38
AMH 4.8 Feb 2010
IVF No. 1 Sims, Dublin: BFN 13th March 2010
IVF No. 2 Sims, Dublin: BFP 26th July, m/c 14th August 2010
Sept 2010: Chicago bloods results show elevated TNF Alpha cytokines need Humira injections. Started Humira evening 30th Sept... Chicago retest 26th October. 3.11.10: Got retest results, have only dropped to 39.4 from 42.9 (needs to be under 30) two more Humira injections taken.
IVF No. 3 January/February 2011 Gennet, Prague: OTD 5th Feb. BFN...
IVF No. 4, ARGC London. Monitored cycle Chicago bloods showed very elevated cytokines - 64! On Humira. HSG 13th May 11 shows left tube open yay! 20.6.11: Hysteroscopy, all fine. 24.6.11: Chicago retest shows cytokines down to 44. Another 2 humira prescribed. 28.7.11: Started fourth IVF cycle. Two blasts transferred 13.8.11. 23.8.11: BFN

Oct' 11: Consult with ZW clinic. Started Napro charting. 18.1.12: Appt with Dr. B. Have my Napro plan of action, come on my BFP!!!

Dec bloods: Prog: 42 Oestradiol: 606
Jan bloods: Prog: 55 Oestradiol: 386
Feb bloods (first month on napro meds): Prog:59.8 Oestradiol: 956 (cholesterol: 4.86 yay!)
March bloods: Prog: 164.4 Oestradiol: 1701 (?!) (Cholesterol 5.92 boo)
April bloods: Prog: 18.5; Oestradiol: 410.
May bloods: Prog: 90; Oestradiol: 1495; TSH: 2.1; Testosterone: 1.9; Dhea 10.
hopeful1973
Supreme Wolly

Postby Pema » Tue May 08, 2022 5:58 pm

Hi Girls...so I was going to check back in with ye next week on my next appointment with Dr G, but needed a Napro natter, so said I would drop by - I'm sure I'm doing DH's head in without you guys to chat to!

codp - my results from August last year are:
FsH=8.9
LH=12.2
Prolactin=342
They didn't ask me to check oestrodial on CD3. The only other tests on the Napro letter (I have it in front of me) as Thyroid, Rubella, Vit B12, Vit D3, Full Blood Red Count).
My bloods show an issue straight away. There should be an almost 1:1 ratio between FSH:LH. You see my LH is way higher than FSH - that's an indicator of PCOS. You're results are really really good for FSH and LH, so I would be happy if I were you. I thought ovarian reserve was more connected to FSH and AMH (FSH being the only one Napro test for), but looking online you are 100% right - both FSH and oestrodial should be looked at together, so I obviously got that wrong!! Hope it is ok pet .. fx for you :thnk

hopeful - hope all the new drugs are going ok. Good news that there is no BB yet this month - if that could get cleared, it'd be a great sign xx
how were ur blood results? U got them done the same day as me - we shared our P+7 this month, altho I started out earlier - I hit a 31 day cycle. I think we may have been thinking the same way based on your post....I really thought this month could be the month too - I got a lot of 6CP days and 4AD days, and was planning all sorts....ah well, AF arrived today so I'll be shooting up HCG for another month :o0

libra & pinky - great to see everything is going so well for you. Keep with us - it gives us a much needed boost xx
& libra - big congrats on the news that it's a little boy...you can start buying little outfits now :o)ll

tttc2012 - from what I understand, starting progesterone after you get a BFP doesn't hold much value. You need to start taking it from ovulation - it can be too late to start it with the BFP (considering many mc's occur in the early stages). Napro are really good for mc though, so you've come to the right place :babydust: :babydust:

mrsbo - great to see you're feeling positive. Any sign of the food results back yet?

dollars - hows your research going on Napro? Napro is as close to a 'natural process' as you can get with the ttc lark. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me!

alecb - I know it's too late...but yeah, we're not supposed to take our shots the night before the P+7 bloods. You could in future defer the bloods to P+9, so you can take the trigger. Hope ur bloods come back good ... fx

MrsDoyle - that's great that you had a nice big follie on your last review! And I hear you on the Pregnyl and wasting it - I think you can actually store it if you have a sterilised container. If you go online, you will see people mix amounts of it for usage over a number of days for weight loss. They are storing it once mixed. So I think its possible, just not recommended - and probably because you really need something sterilised to hospital standard.

April - you probably know already, but the oestrodial indicates the quality of the egg you released on P+7. Mine dropped after my lap, but they said it would be because of the lap - it was fine the next month. Maybe its just a one-off? I say this because I have the opposite issue this month. Got my bloods today and P=24.9 and O=721. Can't believe it - I was taking the HCG as usual, and they are worse bloods than ever before drugs. I rang the GC today and was talking to my doc, Dr CG. I told her I had a split peak, but got the dates right for the bloods (as my luteal phase was right). Her recommendation was that because every other month was really good, to leave the meds as they are this month. She also asked was I stressed etc this month. No more than normal I said, but I have been feeling a little off. My next appointment was May 15th anyway, next Tuesday, so i said to her we could chat then anyway (didn't want to delay her on the phone). But I think unless it is two months in a row, they won't change the meds - I was thinking it could even be an issue with the blood sample, or in the lab, etc. You never know. Hope it works out ok for you.

pleasework - I have the same doc as you in Napro. You can pm me if you want any info - she is a really nice lady.

Hi to anyone I've missed xx
TTC Since 2007
2010: 1st L&D (mild PCOS & endo) - MC # 1 (unassisted)
2011: MC # 2 (unassisted) - July Napro - 2nd L&D (remv. endo & ovarian drilling) - Started meds Nov
2012: Meds modified (January + June), Successful FT Feb 2012.
Meds: 10xFemara(CD2), HCG: 5000P-1,2500P+3/5/7/9
Supplements: 1250IU Vit D3, Fertility+, 1250mgFlaxseed Oil, 100mg VitB6, 500mg Vit C (with bio-flavanoids).

Bloods:
Pre-Meds: P=42+; O=500+ (3 cycles tested)
With Meds:
Feb 2012 P=63.8; O=809 (Good Cycle # 1)
Mar 2012 P=70.9; O=603 (Good Cycle # 2)
Apr 2012 P=24.9; O=721 Not a Good Cycle :(
May 2012 P=39; O=844 Not a Good Cycle :(

Social Networking Napro Group available on Facebook - please PM me if you'd like to connect with us

Pema
New Wolly

Postby codp » Tue May 08, 2022 6:04 pm

Hi hopefull,

thanks for reply, ya its very annoying, i mean my original bloods were all perfect, which is making me believe its the meds playing havoc, im not to bothered about prolactin i think they do like it to be under 700 but i think stress or even the needle on the day can effect its levels. im more worried about the oestradiol, i think il re do them again next month and see what there like. No ive never had amh tested dreading that to be honest, and i know your right there all only numbers at end of the day you hear of plenty women getting pregant with bad ones. Im just a bit peed off to-day i mean before all these meds etc the only thing low with me was progestrone, and now due to more and more meds and obivously stress of ttc, lots of thing seem to be gone nuts. Were going in june for a 2nd opinion, besides napro, and they want results also so i think il do them again next time.

thanks for replys.

also i replied to that post re doctor bradley april. :wv
codp
Mini Wolly

Postby hopeful1973 » Tue May 08, 2022 6:14 pm

Codp, yeah it's weird that everything was fine but the meds that are supposed to help are throwing everything off. Where are you going for a second opinion? A nutritionist I went to late last year told me the AMH reading relates more to the quality than the quantity of eggs i.e. as mine is low that my egg quality mightn't be great, so all I can do is take my supplements and hope it helps the quality. Do let us know what your doc says though.

Pema, great to hear from you O-O So sorry to hear you were disappointed too, are you feeling down as well? Havent bothered ringing for my blood results yesterday, will ring tomorrow I guess. Will see what she actually tested for... Best of luck with your review, when are you in? LOL at your DH how has the self-imposed computer exile gone? :o0 Will you be back on now after your appt?

Hx
Me 38, DH 38
AMH 4.8 Feb 2010
Sept 2010: Chicago bloods results show elevated TNF Alpha cytokines need Humira injections. Started Humira evening 30th Sept... Chicago retest 26th October. 3.11.10: Got retest results, have only dropped to 39.4 from 42.9 (needs to be under 30) two more Humira injections taken.
IVF No. 4, ARGC London. Monitored cycle Chicago bloods showed very elevated cytokines - 64! On Humira. HSG 13th May 11 shows left tube open yay! 20.6.11: Hysteroscopy, all fine. 24.6.11: Chicago retest shows cytokines down to 44. Another 2 humira prescribed. 28.7.11: Started fourth IVF cycle. Two blasts transferred 13.8.11. 23.8.11: BFN

Oct' 11: Consult with ZW clinic. Started Napro charting. 18.1.12: Appt with Dr. B. Have my Napro plan of action, come on my BFP!!!

Feb bloods (first month on napro meds): Prog:59.8 Oestradiol: 956 (cholesterol: 4.86 yay!)
hopeful1973
Supreme Wolly

Postby Pema » Tue May 08, 2022 6:26 pm

:o0 yeah, I'm back for good. TBH, the computer exile was crap....I thought it may be the forums that weren't helping my mood (making me think of ttc more), but I realised that I just have it on the brain 24x7 anyway. At least I get great support here, which really helps. Poor DH keeps nodding his head when I'm talking, but even if he tried, the conversation gets so boring for him. But he does understand that for us girls, it's all consuming. I was happy he said that to me today...I was feeling a little crazy....CD1 and all the emotions that come with it :weep , not helped by everywhere I turned people were talking about babies, due dates, overdue dates, etc...I was in the gym and at one stage just wanted to go 'agggggghhhhhhhhh'...lol.

I have made myself a promise though - if I ever have a bambino, I will never forget the path to get there. I really really want to help other people in the same position, but I guess I need to wait until my journey is over (either positively or negatively) as I can just about help myself right now. I think its an evening for a glass of vino, some (more!) chocolate and a few tears....tomorrow is a new day, and we can dust ourselves off for another cycle :heartbeat:
TTC Since 2007
2011: MC # 2 (unassisted) - July Napro - 2nd L&D (remv. endo & ovarian drilling) - Started meds Nov
Supplements: 1250IU Vit D3, Fertility+, 1250mgFlaxseed Oil, 100mg VitB6, 500mg Vit C (with bio-flavanoids).

Bloods:
With Meds:

Social Networking Napro Group available on Facebook - please PM me if you'd like to connect with us

Pema
New Wolly

Postby Pema » Tue May 08, 2022 7:07 pm

codp - I found this good site just now, as I was checking my P+7 results (my nurse also gave me my FSH & LH at P+7 for this month, and I wasn't sure why!) Anyway, it gives you good news:

http://www.fertilityassociates.co.nz/In ... erone.aspx

'1. FSH < 9 iu/L; E2 < 200pmol/l = Normal basal follicle function, and normal amount of FSH being produced to stimulate the ovarian follicles'
TTC Since 2007

Bloods:
With Meds:

Pema
New Wolly

Postby codp » Wed May 09, 2022 11:05 am

Hi ladies,

quick post only panic over doc said oestradiol was normal at 168 under 170 , all rest normal phew!!! bloody internet dangerous, i should know better that check it, all this about it being over 70 can be cause of cysts or low reserve, obivously theres different units of maybe different clinics consider dif levels ok.

so im taking break fro meds now till my 2nd opinion in june, off on hols on friday to spain for a week so need a break from the lot, to be honest!!! hopefull my 2nd opinion is with CFC, i wount be rushing into anything with them just feel myself i need another opinion, is all, keep all options open.

chat soon, :babydust:
codp
Mini Wolly

Postby hopeful1973 » Wed May 09, 2022 11:13 am

Codp that's great your doc confirmed your levels are all good, good for me too seeing as how mine were 172 so only slightly over the 170 your doc said. not sure what the story is with the ranges I had been given. Maybe they're specific for IVF although I hadn't been on any meds at that stage. No harm going for the second opinion at all, the more you know the better x

Pema, great to hear you'll be posting back on here :) That's the thing, try as you might you never get away from thinking about all this, whether you're on the forums or not. LOL at your DH mine's exactly the same, he starts glazing over after a while, i just know he doesn't get any of it. Did you have your glass of vino? DH and I opened a bottle of sparking wine, sod it we needed it!!!! :o0

Hx
Me 38, DH 38
AMH 4.8 Feb 2010

hopeful1973
Supreme Wolly

Postby codp » Wed May 09, 2022 11:28 am

hopefully sorry i should of specified it wasnt my napro doc said they were ok, it was nurse in CFC, when i rang them to give them over, she said they are normally only concerned if there in hundreds, im waiting on doc bradley to get back to me with her opinion. but like is siad its a mind field, whats ok for one isnt for another, to be honest its annoying, i think all these numbers are very confusing , and prob over anaylised so wel see.

il let ye know what doc b says about it if she ever gets back to me. O:|
codp
Mini Wolly

Postby tttc2012 » Wed May 09, 2022 6:20 pm

This thread is so busy I find it hard to keep up as I'm not online that much! Hope everyone is doing ok, we found out I have one blocked tube so need to organize to a lap done now. Going on much needed week away next week and due af so if it comes lots of wine and organize napro for next month and if who knows!

Pema thanks for the info on progesterone, that's my thinking too but normal doc and gynae not thinking like that which is O:| anyway, onwards and upwards!

Fingers crossed for good news for all you girls soon, you really really do deserve lovely bfps and bumps so I hope the come soon for you all. There's such lovely support here and I really appreciate the help and hopefully can return the favour soon

:babydust: :babydust:
tttc2012
Mini Wolly

Postby April2005 » Thu May 10, 2022 12:45 pm

Hi Ladies, :wv

How are you all keeping?

Isn’t the weather just horrible…. :(

I am on CD29, no HCG trigger this month & no HCG injections only Cyclogest 1 at night from P+3 for 10 nights, finished on Tuesday, no sign of AF yet…… I have some cramps, my b :eek :eekbies are sore I want to test but DH doesn’t

Don’t know why I posted really…..

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
Me 33 DH 40
TTC Jan 07 M/C June 07 & Sept 2011
Joined Napro Oct 10 -Not Ovulating & Low Progestrone & Short LP
The Plan - LDN 4.5mgs 1 a nigth. 5mg Prednisolone daily. Vitamin D3 4 tabs daily, Omega 3, 2 tabs daily. 14 Femara CD3 & 14 Femara CD4, HCG Trigger 20,000 peak, then 5000 p+3+5+7 I'm taking cycolgest until HCG comes in. DH is on the same Vitamin's. Glucophage 3 x 500mg daily
Aleriges - Cow's Milk, Bakers & Brewers Yeast, Potato, Peas, Red Kindey Beans & Blackberries.
Next Appointment with Napro 21st September 2012.
Latest Bloods P= 84.80 O = 253 3rd May 12
P= 70.70 O= 458 29th March 12
P= 89.10 O =522- 28th Feb 12
P= 74.80 O= 420 28th Jan 12

If you can't see the bright side....polish the dull side....
April2005
Mini Wolly

Postby hopeful1973 » Thu May 10, 2022 1:16 pm

Ooooh April, might be something stirring in there!!! How long are your cycles normally?

Tttc2012, sorry to hear about the blocked tube, but at least now you can do something about it. Enjoy your hols!

Codp, yeah i find that really irritating everyone has a different opinion on ranges or whatever depending on who you ask. Any word back from Dr. Bradley?

On CD2 myself, am going to use my CBFM this month that I had from last year and never really used, sure it can't hurt!

Hx
Me 38, DH 38
AMH 4.8 Feb 2010

hopeful1973
Supreme Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance