WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

IVF and Adoption

Re: IVF and Adoption

Postby Bellabing » Thu Mar 08, 2022 9:51 pm

Hey ladies,
Snowy sorry meant reply to u a while back.
What a bummer, why would the UK forms come back saying that? Do you reckon you'll get it sorted quick enough? Thats the only major issue is it?
Seems some of tThe SWs are in a league of their own!! Yes they said it would be held up because she was retiring and the other one already has a huge workload. Think we were meant to feel sympathy for them. I feel sympathy for the poor kids that won't have access to adequate child protection in the region because of the retirement, and myself and all teh other couples on this road. :-8
You are right its a box ticked, and thats the way to look at it and it will all seem so insignificant when we look back at it as parents.
I'd have to agree with you about rollercoaster, tis very depressing, popped in a few times and everyone seems much farther along in the process too.
Very interesting to read about your Mom fostering, what a wonderful thing to do. and great that you feel an older child wouldn't be out for you guys. I haven't really had much exposure to babies/young children in the last few yrs so guess I shouldnt rule older chldren out either. But I guess a baby would feel that bit easier.....

Hey kiri, hope you are well, yeah Zola is a cutie, cute as a button, there's a lot going on in it at the mo.
We were told the referees need to be available to meet the SWs during working hours mon-fri at the SWs office and they must have children. We were also told that if you opt for a Florida adoption that the referees have to go over with you, sheer madness. I guess these things can change though.
I got the form, requested it a day or 2 after the meeting, had a quick glance through it and then put it in my file marked HSE Jan 2012!!

I was told its important to take copies of everything you submit as you have to resubmit them every few years, esp the likes of Garda clearance. If you submit it with different addresses again there will be a question mark over your honesty :eek

Wollymalta hope you're hanging in there, would love to know if you've started the form filling. It might give me a bit of a push to get started too. :o0
x
Bellabing xx
MC 2008
IVF #1 summer 2010, BFN
IVF #2 Jan 2011, cancelled & converted to TSI BFN
IVF #3 Feb/Mar 2011, BFN
IVF #4 summer 2011, BFN
Endo surgery in Summer & Autumn 2012, FET hopefully Nov/Dec if recovered
Bellabing
Royal Wolly

Postby wollymalta » Thu Mar 08, 2022 10:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've not been on for a while I was off sunning myself in Thailand.

Snowy they recommend that one of the foster parents stays at home I'm a housewife 1950's tied to the sink kept woman so it would be perfect for us. They need you to have a full driving licence which I don't because I become a complete wreck when I'm taking the test so this is on my need to do ASAP list.

Bella glad your hubby is still willing to go through with it sorry to hear its going to take you so long in your area.I haven't started the forms yet I don't know what I'm doing lately I'm back to having second thoughts on giving the ICSI a go I'm terrified I might regret it if I don't. My hubby wants to fill the forms in anyway because the whole process takes so long.

I just wish everything wasn't so bloody hard O:| I'm in bed watching all my recorded One Born Every Minutes that I recorded when I was away its seriously not helping I know my period is on the way maybe everything will be better next week.
[url=http://www.ezticker.com/]
wollymalta
Mini Wolly

Postby Bellabing » Fri Mar 09, 2022 8:37 am

Ahh wollymalta there's nothing easy about this journey, so don't beat yourself up.
I'd agree with your dh, probably good idea to fill in forms anyway if youre feeling up to it and start those rusty wheels in the Hse turning.
And you can still plan to do your ICsi if it feels right for you. I'm always petrified b4 a cycle, it's the tww that petrifies me!

I kinda regret not attending meeting last February as we've wasted a year but don't think we were ready to take it on then.
I'm planning to fill in forms over next few weeks and I'm doing an Fet abroad in May.
Take it easy
xx
Bellabing xx
MC 2008
IVF #1 summer 2010, BFN
IVF #3 Feb/Mar 2011, BFN
IVF #4 summer 2011, BFN
Bellabing
Royal Wolly

Postby emma2008 » Fri Mar 09, 2022 9:27 pm

A quick :wv girls ...

Snowy - what a nightmare, though they were very quick that's a good sign ... Bit wprried about the typex bits as I went to GP today to get my form filled out and she messed it all up, she wrote stuff then decided it was best not to put it down... i.e. the form is a mess ! After reading your msg, I wouldnt be suprised if the HSE send that one back and ask me to get GP to fill it out again! Patience indeed ;o)

Kiri - no news good news - sounds like yours must be ok ! Hopefully the next time you hear from them will be to organise the preparation course ! Fx ..

AFM, 2 weeks left - bit under pressure. Gone to GP today, translation done, all CP received so next DH is going to GP next week. Then it's filling out the forms and doing the financial part ... Can't wait to have it all done :-8

:wv girls, sorry if I missed anyone.

Speak soon :lvs
XX
Me 32 DH 40 - TTC since 2008
- IVF ICSI x 3 all BFN
- FET - BFP !! (7wks scan non viable pregnancy)
Starting the adoption process ...
emma2008
New Wolly

Postby EyesOnPrize » Wed Mar 14, 2022 11:22 am

Hi Girls

Hope you are well, I've been avoiding here and the forms like the plague! Have to get moving as they are due in by the start of May or we will have to attend again! d'oh!

Snowy sorry to see they sent forms back, that's a nightmare, I have to send off to the UK for a cp form for DH, must contact HSE and figure out where I send it too.

Kiri that's great your pack is in, fingers crossed all is ok with it it and the ball starts rolling.

Starchaser best of luck with the DE.

Bella that's mad about the florida thing and resubmitting the forms! also the waiting times, awful stuff.

Wollymalta hope the holiday went well, its such a hard road, your DH might be right re the forms, at least you can always cancel them if the ICSI works.

Emma super you are almost there, thanks for the details on translation I'll get that sorted.

Sorry if I missed anyone.
xx
TTC 4 years
Starting Adoption Process 1st meeting November trying to fill in the forms!
EyesOnPrize
New Wolly

Postby Kiri » Tue Mar 20, 2022 5:21 pm

Hey girls

How is everyone? Hope you all had a nice long weekend even though Sunday was not the easiest of days for us all :o(

No news from me really, just posting to try out my new ticker! Thought it would be good to help me keep track of how long this is taking. I've started the date based on when I sent in my pack.

Having a lazy day at work as I can't get myself motivated after the long weekend. Also feeling sorry for myself as AF is about to arrive again. Can I ask, are you still all trying naturally and do you all still get upset when AF arrives? Some months I find are ok and the 2 weeks fly by without me thinking about it and then other months I pimp like mad and then get really upset when AF shows up O:| Maybe I just have too much time to think again now I've sent in my pack!

Hope the paperwork is going ok for everyone. Thinking of you all xx
Kiri
TTC since April 09
Very low AMH (March 2010 - 1.1, Jan 2011 - 2.12)
IVF # 1 Aug/Sept 2010 - cancelled due to poor response
IVF # 2 - October/November 2010 - 2 embies transferred on 5/11 - BFN
IVF # 3 - May/June 2011 - 5 eggs collected but no ET
Applying for Adoption

Kiri
Royal Wolly

Postby Starchaser » Tue Mar 20, 2022 7:18 pm

Love the ticker Kiri. x
Starchaser (formerly Lishis)

"There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in" L.Cohen

Starchaser
Mini Wolly

Postby Bellabing » Tue Mar 20, 2022 8:34 pm

Hey Kiri, yes twas a tough weekend, but I found that the Paddys Day celebrations kinda took the edge of the whole mothers day thing. So it didn't hit me as hard as other years.
Love the ticker. Will be nice to watch it moving along....
Ive done nothing with the form, I glanced at it when taking it out of envelope and then placed it in its nice new folder. I will take it out soon, I guess I'm just not completely ready yet :-8
Hope snowy, wollymalte, eyesonprize and emma are all doing well
xx
Bellabing
Royal Wolly

Postby EyesOnPrize » Wed Mar 21, 2022 8:46 am

Kiri can't believe your paper work is back that long, feck I thought things would move quicker than that :( There is no humanly possible way we can get pregant at all and sometimes if AF is a day late or that I find myself imagining a miracle! So its totally normal to be upset and hopeful when AF comes. Hope you are feeling a bit better today x

Bella do the forms when you are ready mine hid in the drawer for months!

I was in touch with hse re DH's cp form from the UK, they said we can submit everything else while we are waiting on that, so at least that's something I was worried we'd have to go to the meeting again.

Hope everyone is good x
TTC 4 years
Starting Adoption Process 1st meeting November trying to fill in the forms!
EyesOnPrize
New Wolly

Postby Bellabing » Wed Mar 21, 2022 9:09 am

Kiri forgot to mention about ttc, yes we were trying naturally for the last few months, and yes there was the depressing disappointment every month when witch arrives.
But miracles do happen, there have been a few girls on here that got natural bfps after failed ivfs, so it does happen. Don't give up hope.
I'm off the hook for a few months as im on pill 3 packs back to back till I start fet meds end of April.

Eyesonprize ye you're right, just trying to prepare myself for fet & trying to stay positive for that, I'm sure time will be right soon enough and I'll be on asking questions!!
That's positive that Hse will let u submit while waiting on other form, I just expect there to be no give in them at all!!

xxx
Bellabing xx
MC 2008
IVF #1 summer 2010, BFN
IVF #3 Feb/Mar 2011, BFN
IVF #4 summer 2011, BFN
Bellabing
Royal Wolly

Postby Kiri » Wed Mar 21, 2022 3:44 pm

Thanks girls, I'm feeling a bit better today now that AF has arrived, I know a lot of the emotions are due to PMT so I just have to tell myself that they will pass and sure enough they do!

Starchaser, thanks hun :lvs hope you are doing ok. Any plans for a DE cycle yet?

Bella, it's very difficult to focus on both IVF and Adoption forms at the same time - you'd need two different brains to do that I think! You need to put all your energy towards your FET, can't believe it's coming around so soon! Anyway, I'm not exactly the person to talk - my forms lay in an envelope for over a year, at least yours have made it in to a folder!

EyesonPrize, I know, I can't believe it's over 2 months since I sent in the forms either - not sure if the ticker is a good or bad thing from this point of view, but I don't expect to hear anything from them until around the end of May or so as I've heard the Garda check takes about 12 weeks or so. Also, part of me is hoping things will move quickly and the other part is worrying as there still doesn't seem like a lot of country options open at the moment (especially for oldies like me and my dh) so I would really like things to have moved on a bit before we have to choose a country. Anyway, great that they are being flexible with the forms, it does make things a bit easier.

Wollymalta, hope you are feeling a bit better about things. It's always hard to know what to do, sometimes I think it's great that there are so many options out there and other days I hate that there are so many options out there (if that makes any sense!). The other thing to remember is that's it's ok to change your mind too and it's important not to have any regrets as well (although I try not to focus on regret too much as I always believe decisions are made for the best reasons at the time). OK, philosophy lesson over :) Anyway, thinking of you xx
Kiri
TTC since April 09
Applying for Adoption

Kiri
Royal Wolly

Postby emma2008 » Tue Mar 27, 2022 4:40 pm

:wv girls - how are you? God can you believe that weather - so nice ! Probably wont last so let's make the most of it ;o)

Kiri - God I can't believe it's already 2 mths since you completed & send back the pack that's mad feels like it was last week ! How are you anyway ? Sounds like they will be contacting you soon for the preparation course ! As for TTC, we are also always hoping for a miracle ...some month I hardly pay attention & it doesnt bother me when AF arrives the next month I have a complete meltdown :-8 .... Rollercoaster is an understatement ;o)

Snowy - how you getting on ?

EOP - Good luck with the CP form - I did contact them as well and they said same thing if all is completed and only waiting on the CP then we can submit the rest and send the CP when we get them. We did get them all on time in the end !

AFM - we have finally completed all the forms and send the pack back to the HSE just in time... We feeling a bit 'lost' now after all the forms and paperwork to complete we just have to wait now ... Glad it's done but at the same time really nervous about the next stage.

:wv speak soon X
- IVF ICSI x 3 all BFN
emma2008
New Wolly

Postby Kiri » Thu Mar 29, 2022 8:08 am

Hi girls, just popping in to say Emma, very well done on sending in your forms, you must be very relieved but yes I understand feeling a bit lost as well. After I sent in the forms I started trying to research the next parts like the home study etc. but I got a bit freaked out by it all so I've decided now I'm just going to deal with it when it happens and try to make the most of this break in between!

So enjoy the break now and hopefully it won't be too long until you hear something.

No other news from me, hope eveyone is enjoying the lovely weather! xx
Kiri
TTC since April 09
Applying for Adoption

Kiri
Royal Wolly

Postby Snowy76 » Tue Apr 03, 2022 12:58 pm

Hi girls :wv

Kiri thats great they've already contacted your referees and sent you back a checklist, at least things are moving on, I really thought once the forms went off we would be in limbo for months wondering what was going on! Nice ticker by the way! Oh and regarding still TCC yes we do though some months more enthusistically than others! But even the months we haven't tried I still hold a little hope! I know its irrational and some months I feel like I'm going mad!! But while I still get AFs I think I'm always going to hope!

Hi Bella how you keeping? Mad that they told you that if you were going for adoption in Florida that your referees had to go to?! This whole thing gets madder all the time!
What do you mean resubmit the Garda clearance every couple of years? I take it thats just when your going through the application stage? Once your approved there would be no need I guess. Start the forms when your ready, your right to concentrate on the FET first, as Kiri said it is hard to concentrate on treatment and the adoption forms.

Wollymalta, a trip to Thailand sounds lovely! Lucky you! Thanks for the info on fostering, I thought that one parent had to stay at home. Sounds as though it would be perfect for you. Have you done anything further on it? Definitely continue filling in the forms even if you end up doing another ICSI. Its best to get the process started even if you then end up becoming a parent by another route.

EOP hows the form filling going?

Emma well done on getting the forms in! I know what you mean I get nervous too thinking about the next stage, hopefully we won't be waiting too long to get onto it!

Sorry I'm running out of time! Sorry IF i've missed anyone!

AFM after much dithering on the part of the HSE they sent our forms back (not the whole pack just the forms that needed completing/updating), they said no need to wait until the CP forms are back just to send back the other forms and copies of the forms I sent to the UK, so I have sent off the 2 CP forms and pretty much have the other forms ready to go back to the HSE. So all in all it wasn't too bad. They're lovely to deal with anyway and really friendly and helpful so at least that makes it a bit easier.
We met with another clinic last week regarding DE. The Dr there is going to go through our notes in detail and let me know what further tests I need, along with the chicagos. So I'll get them done soon and counselling was also suggested so just waiting on a appointment to meet someone.

So thats it for now, hope everyone's well and hanging in there!!

Sxx
TTC since July 08
DH - 95% sperm antibodies
Me - PCO and unknown problem with ovaries and eggs
4 x ICSI - BFN....end of the road for my eggs?
May do DE in the future but in the meantime starting the adoption process
Snowy76
Mini Wolly

Postby emma2008 » Thu Apr 05, 2022 7:30 pm

Thanks Kiri .... Glad to hear I am not the only one freaking out a bit :-8 .
I think you right I am just going to enjoy the break and wait patiently !

Snowy - Best of luck with rest of your forms, I've also found the HSE really nice to deal with. They have been lovely so far !!

Anyway was just a quick update to say that we have heard back from the HSE a couple of forms were missing a few addresses. We also received the checklist & our referee have already received their letter :eek :eek . Didn't think it would happen so quick.
I suppose it'll prob be quiet now for a few months so going to try & relax ;o)

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Enjoy the long weekend & lovely chocolate O-O

Speak soon xxx
- IVF ICSI x 3 all BFN
emma2008
New Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance