WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

IUI 2011 Thread

Re: IUI 2011 Thread

Postby StillWaiting » Tue Dec 13, 2021 3:23 pm

hi babywish unfortunately it was a BFN for me...wasn't holding out much hope but still a dissappointment. We are going to move to IVF in Jan as i have done 3 rounds of IUI and I just don't hold out much hope of it happening....dreading the IVF but hopefully it will be ok. You never know this could be your month....fingers crossed.

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: To everyone else you never know 2011babs the spotting might be a good sign
StillWaiting
New Wolly

Postby babywish10 » Tue Dec 13, 2021 5:53 pm

2011 babs AF is due Friday/Saturday...of she'll arrive alright, I've terrible back pain today, worse then usual, I wish she'd just show up already instead of torturing me. Wouldn't it be great if they could test after 5/6 days instead of this.

Still waiting I'm so sorry to hear you got another bfn, fingers crossed the IVf will work out for you

I dunno what we'll do after this fail...the consultant will tell me it's my fault coz I'm slightly underweight ... Feck him....I've been stuffing my face for the last 2 weeks and it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference...jays us there's starving women in Africa that are having babies and i'm like a house next to them!
babywish10
New Wolly

Postby babywish10 » Fri Dec 16, 2021 4:54 pm

Well ladies just as I predicted...another fail, I'd just arrived at work when I got the call, AF arrived within 5 mins of it :o( Wasn't expecting it to hit me as hard as it did. The boss sent me home after lunch coz I started crying at my desk :o( Couldn't face going back to an empty house so I tried to get a bit of Christmas shopping done...what a mistake, I ended up in Boots standing in front of the pregnancy tests, I don't know why or how I managed to end up there...I had to head home straight away

The nurse suggested trying IVF next but I couldn't focus on anything she was saying. Hopefully we'll still have a lovely Christmas. We really need to think & talk about whether or not to go for IVF, it's really costly.

2011babs hope you're doing well. I was told that spotting was a good thing so hopefully it'll all work out for you, I'd still like to see someone get a BFP on here before Christmas, I really hope it's you :babydust: :babydust:
babywish10
New Wolly

Postby miamiladyde » Sat Dec 17, 2021 8:36 am

Hey girls me and my Dw are a same sex family . We had a donor previously but he has decided to step down . We are both 31 so time is not the biggest factor in the world but still its getting there.

With the donor stepping down we got very upset and decided we could not leave the faith of having a family together or not to some1 else , so we have decided to save in the new year for 6 straight months IUI, :o)ll ... so I will be watching this tread and hopefully come august we will be in a possition to start IUI.

It will be great to have the support of people in the same situation..... Kinda :innocent: .
Sorry in advance for the million Questions I will have :thnk

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
[url=
Code: Select all
[code][/code]
http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Image[url][/url]
miamiladyde
Royal Wolly

Postby babywish10 » Sat Dec 17, 2021 10:21 am

Hi miamiladyde, welcome to the thread, fingers crossed you'll have success with the IUI. You should put up a list of your questions, between all the ladies on here we should be able to give you answers. It's a difficult road but when you get your BFP it'll all be worth it.

The 2WW is the worst part of it...you'll get loads of support fom this thread, they've been a Godsend to me as nobody knows I'm on the fertility treatment path.
babywish10
New Wolly

Postby fx2012 » Mon Dec 19, 2021 10:41 am

Welcome miamiladyde , hope your stay in the thread is a short one :lvs

Babywish10 so sorry to hear your out , hope your feeling ok now.
I am not holding out much hope , started spotting on Sat and have been since , which would tie in with my usual 3days pre AF spotting. I was due to test tomorrow so reckon i am out. Feel really down about it even though i didnt build myself up. Really dreading all the xmas visits not with family and the 'any news'. At least if i had a little secret it would be easy to get through!!

Going to have to get onto SIMS about getting my prescription etc just in case as if AF arrives tomorrow i will be starting meds again on Friday. Does anyone are Sims closed much during the hols , i will be due in for scans all over xmas and new years if and when aF arrives.

Stillwaiting sorry to hear your out too ,its so hard esp with the time of year. Hopefully 2012 will be our year with lots of bfp :babydust:
TTC Since 2009
Me - 31 DH - 33
4 mths of Clomid ,BFN - Sep - Dec 2010
Self refered to SIMS - August 2011
SIS - all fine , no blockages , good follie count - Sep 2011
AMH - 21 pmol , good result - Oct 2011
DH 2nd SA , all good on count,motility and morph - Oct 2011
TSI # 1,2,3 - BFN
IUI # 1 - BFN
IVF # 1 - June 2012
fx2012
Mini Wolly

Postby babdav » Mon Dec 19, 2021 10:12 pm

Hi girls, looking for a bit of advise, ye all seem to know so much on here! Been TTC for 18 months and due to start IUI in MFC in Jan 2012, just wondering if anyone else have any experience with this clinic? Also just wondering, we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, is everyone else on here that is doing IUI the same? When we refered to the MFC last June (after TTC 12 months) I was expecting them to do all sorts of tests but they only did 2, an ultrasound to tell me I had a womb and folicles! and a HSG and there were no issues there either. My own GP had done my day 3 and day 21 bloods. Being honest I was surprised when MFC after the two tests basically just said well its IUI or IVF, just thought there should be more tests to do or other alternatives. Anyway got over that and as I said doing IUI in jan. Is this experience similar to cfc or s**ms or do they do more testing etc before sending people down IUI route? Thanks girls and best of luck to all doing IUI x
babdav
New Wolly

Postby babywish10 » Tue Dec 20, 2021 11:09 pm

Hi babdav,

I had to have a laparoscopy as well to make sure the tubes were ok etc they also took samples of the lining, said there was no point in starting IUI and then finding out there was some other problem down the road. Luckily everything was fine.

Did they not suggest the laparoscopy?

I don't have any unexplained infertility, there's another issue stemming from my childhood which basically fecked everything up for me, there's actually nothing physically wrong with me at all, but theres a lot of psychological crap causing problems. Anyway, I'm getting there slowly. I've had 4 IUI fails, so gonna take a break for a while.

Fingers and toes crossed for you :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
babywish10
New Wolly

Postby babywish10 » Fri Dec 30, 2021 11:14 am

It's gone very quiet on here, how's everyone doing?
babywish10
New Wolly

Postby fx2012 » Fri Dec 30, 2021 2:48 pm

first round of TSI was a fail for us unfortunatly we are on #2 now , took trigger today after scan there was one 19mm follie ready. So we will be having some NYE BD FX it will bring us luck! Id say it will be all quiet until everyone is back at work. Its good to take a break from it , hopefully we will have a load of bfp in 2012 x
TTC Since 2009
Me - 31 DH - 33
4 mths of Clomid ,BFN - Sep - Dec 2010
Self refered to SIMS - August 2011
SIS - all fine , no blockages , good follie count - Sep 2011
AMH - 21 pmol , good result - Oct 2011
DH 2nd SA , all good on count,motility and morph - Oct 2011
TSI # 1,2,3 - BFN
IUI # 1 - BFN
IVF # 1 - June 2012
fx2012
Mini Wolly

Postby LabLady » Sat Dec 31, 2021 1:44 am

welcome to the thread miamiladyde, how old is your lo now? and congrats on your recent nuptuals!
Looks like we will start our cycling round the same time, fingers crossed!

How is everyone else doing?
TTC since 2002
Waiting.... :( on IUI Now expected to start Aug. 2012...
[url]http://shellygiveslifeago.blogspot.com[/url]
LabLady
Supreme Wolly

Postby miamiladyde » Sat Dec 31, 2021 10:29 am

Lablady My lo are not so little they are 11 in April and 14 in June ...God I feel old lol

Which clinic are you going with Lablady?

Has anyone gone with Morehampton for IUI any reviews on them
[url=
Code: Select all
[code][/code]
http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Image[url][/url]
miamiladyde
Royal Wolly

Postby LabLady » Sat Dec 31, 2021 5:06 pm

miamiladyde wrote:Lablady My lo are not so little they are 11 in April and 14 in June ...God I feel old lol

Which clinic are you going with Lablady?

Has anyone gone with Morehampton for IUI any reviews on them

wow def not so little!

cfc is our clinic
TTC since 2002
LabLady
Supreme Wolly

Postby Slanket » Tue Jan 03, 2022 3:19 pm

Hi girls,

Just wanted to wish you all a happy new year and hopefully this time next year we'll all have either a little bundle or a bump.

My af only started today ........2 days late so I really had my hopes built up, I was also after putting off iui for this month as cfc was closed over the new year so I couldn't have got a pre-period scan done but af only showed today so I could have gone ahead with iui in Jan only now I have to wait until feb O:|

We are actually starting to wonder if we'll just do 1 iui and then head down the ivf route straight away......... Dh's first SA in the local hospital was really bad (low count & motility) but the one done in cfc dr pw said was fine ........do any of you CFC ladies know how they measure the SA......are the results given done after wash????? is the count given the count per ml or per sample?? he said dh's count was 18 mill with 86% motility but after looking at google 18mil is still low, and after conceiving dd with no help 6 years ago and having been trying for 18 months now with now luck I'm saying to myself that there must be a problem and have had everything checked and everything seems to be working.

What do you ladies think??? Could really do with a few opinions!!

I'll post this on the ivf/iui thread too.

Welcome to the newbies.

How is everyone else doing???
Me 35 DH 37
TTC#2
unexplained secondary infertility
IUI #1 Feb 2012 BFN
IVF #1 April / May 2012. BFP!!!!! Fingers crossed its a sticky!!!!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers]Image
Slanket
Mini Wolly

Postby LabLady » Tue Jan 03, 2022 4:44 pm

slanket, can i ask where ye got first sa done as we got ours done 2 years ago in barringtons in limerick and told us dh had zero sperm!
cfc sa showed normal so called him back for a second sa just to make sure they had not made a mistake and it came back normal also!
I "think" its after its washed
TTC since 2002
LabLady
Supreme Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance