WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

The Stepford Wollies

Re: The Stepford Wollies

Postby Kickasswife » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:19 pm

what about for tiles, wood floors etc? Any miracle cures?
Kickasswife
Supreme Wolly

Postby vinoqueeno » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:59 pm

That's usually DH's department :-8 I usually just buy Flash (with lemon if possible) for the tiles and Pledge Soapy wood cleaner for the wooden floors, seem to do the job nicely!!
vinoqueeno
Woloholic

Postby Kickasswife » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:51 pm

Cool, have both of those :o)ll :o)ll :wv
Kickasswife
Supreme Wolly

Postby betty draper » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:35 pm

i have aquired two english language students for the summer, so as i have guests i feel obliged to have the house clean.

and that i'm doing!!!

now today was only the usual cooking, but the last day off i had was friday before i flew off for the weekend and i did 4 loads of washing in one morning, including all the sheets. was delighted with myself!!!

Bring on sat and i can do a job on the whole house.

God, tis terrible wishing away my life so a can get a bit of cleaning done!!!
The Ooh Betty Makes Blog, Twitter and Facebook are all up an running. Feel free to 'like' or 'follow' or just ignore!
I will be adding the etsy page soon....

Ooh Betty FF

Ooh Betty Blog

ImageImage
betty draper
Major Wolly

Postby betty draper » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:41 pm

so far today, have 3 loads of wahing done, the shopping finished and made 2 trays of sandwiches for the lads apres match later!

downstairs is clean, tidy and floors done.

need to give the bathrooms a quick once over and then get the dinner on!

then shower change and off out!
The Ooh Betty Makes Blog, Twitter and Facebook are all up an running. Feel free to 'like' or 'follow' or just ignore!
I will be adding the etsy page soon....

Ooh Betty FF

Ooh Betty Blog

ImageImage
betty draper
Major Wolly

Postby lolabelle » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:52 pm

Oh my not updated since July :eek :eek :eek :eek Where are my fellow Stepford Wollies?! :o0
lolabelle
Empress Wolly

Postby Sweet8 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:16 pm

I'm getting ready to conquer Mt. Ironing. I've bought the scented water to put into the iron so all I've to do is get started! :innocent:

Sweet8
Royal Wolly

Postby LastRolo » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:08 am

Lolabelle wrote:Oh my not updated since July :eek :eek :eek :eek Where are my fellow Stepford Wollies?! :o0

I'm back on the Stepford train!!

I've my kitchen clean and sparkly this week - there hasn't been any lapses, just the tiles need a good wash :-8

I've started on the mountain of a laundry basket - I've washed so much clothes in the last couple of days that I haven't enough space on my TWO clothes horses to take all the newly washed clothes :eek
LastRolo
Ultimate Wolly

Postby Sweet8 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:45 am

The bulk of the ironing is done, just have a few bits left to do.

Goals for today:
- Clean the bathrooms
- Clean the kitchen
- Clean skirting boards
- Tidy bedroom

It must be done! :innocent:

At least I'm up to date on the laundry! Woot! :hyper:

Sweet8
Royal Wolly

Postby LastRolo » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:48 am

I have done about 8 washes in the last 3 days - so my two clothes horses are about to fall with the weight of all the clothes on them!! I still have another 3 or 4 (or maybe more :-8 ) washes to do... and then I'll tackle the wardrobe and do a major clearing out - anything I haven't worn in the last 6 months (bar dresses for weddings/events) are being brought to the local St.Vincent De Paul collection bin.....

Then I will tackle the Ironing pile! I think there is some stuff in it that have been there this year - so I think some of it will be thrown out - I'd rather throw it out than iron it!!
LastRolo
Ultimate Wolly

Postby happieout » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:39 pm

I'm back in the Stepford Wife mode.. this week I made brown bread, scones, fairy cakes, biscuit cake, pavlova, apple pastries - I didn't eat them all - for family celebrations.
I finally have all my handwashing done, my shoes reheeled and the whole house is thoroughly tidy. The smug feeling wont last long I'm sure!
happieout
Woloholic

Postby LastRolo » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:20 am

My floors are bogging - they haven't been swept or hoovered in a week or more!
LastRolo
Ultimate Wolly

Postby chick2012 » Mon Oct 03, 2021 8:45 am

can i join in girls?
i went a bit mad the last coule days cleaning!Bought new sheets for the bed and tackled the one part of the house that was realy peeing me off, the bathroom! we have white tiles and the grout was going black, went to homebase and thers an anti mould pen which covers the stains and kills the bacteria so ur grout is like new!! im delighted with the bathroom, keep goin in to look at it!! :o0

Better do some washing t2day, the basket is full!
chick2012
Mini Wolly

Postby Littlebo » Thu Oct 20, 2021 10:34 pm

I now have a room full of laundry!

I have to get started with it. Driving me mad! What is it you put in the Iron to make the clothes smell good and easier to iron?

I hate ironing.
Littlebo
Woloholic

Postby SunnyK » Fri Oct 21, 2021 9:59 am

Littlebo wrote:I now have a room full of laundry!

I have to get started with it. Driving me mad! What is it you put in the Iron to make the clothes smell good and easier to iron?

I hate ironing.

I remember Jawl used to get some ironing water from Tesco to put in the iron and make the clothes smell nice. I keep meaning to get some and start ironing my bedclothes with it cos I love jumping into bed with nice smelling sheets - the problem is I never usually iron my bed covers :-8
SunnyK
Woloholic

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic