WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

The Stepford Wollies

Re: The Stepford Wollies

Postby SorrentoWife » Wed Nov 02, 2021 6:34 pm

I tackled the wardrobes yesterday and now they're all nice and tidy! Went to Ikea in the morning and got plastic boxes and a drawer organiser for all my makeup.

Tomorrow's job is to get the courage to open the door in one of the spare rooms and sort out the washing there! I keep putting all the dry clothes onto the bed there and a mountain has formed!
SorrentoWife
Ultimate Wolly

Postby mrswifey2012 » Fri Nov 04, 2021 11:13 am

Been a keen reader of this thread, as I admire you ladies! I would love to be like yas, but tbh, I'm too effing lazy! I would love someone else to do it for me, so if there are any Monicas out there???? :innocent:
mrswifey2012
Wolly Addict

Postby vinoqueeno » Sat Nov 05, 2021 10:40 pm

I'd big plans on being a Monica for the week as I was off.....didn't quite happen :-8

I'd friends over for lunch during the week and did a quick run around before they arrived hiding the mounds of clothes on the spare beds/throwing washing into baskets/hiding bits and bobs which now means I can't find anything as nothing is in its proper place :o(

Moral of the story: Don't do a rush job (or just don't bother doing it at all 'cos I always know where things are when the house is in a mess!!
vinoqueeno
Woloholic

Postby Littlebo » Sun Nov 06, 2021 12:22 am

SunnyK wrote:
Littlebo wrote:I now have a room full of laundry!

I have to get started with it. Driving me mad! What is it you put in the Iron to make the clothes smell good and easier to iron?

I hate ironing.

I remember Jawl used to get some ironing water from Tesco to put in the iron and make the clothes smell nice. I keep meaning to get some and start ironing my bedclothes with it cos I love jumping into bed with nice smelling sheets - the problem is I never usually iron my bed covers :-8

Ha ha either do I! I feel the bed clothes will stretch once on the bed. Thanks for the Tip SunnyK.
Littlebo
Woloholic

Postby Kickasswife » Sun Nov 06, 2021 1:20 pm

:-8
Last edited by Kickasswife on Tue Nov 29, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kickasswife
Supreme Wolly

Postby Sassypants » Mon Nov 07, 2021 12:07 pm

Have 3 days off. But am sick so no work getting done 'round here!
To anyone who knows me in the outside world, come say hi, or stop reading my posts!!!

Sassypants
Woloholic

Postby BrideOfRecession » Fri Nov 11, 2021 11:22 am

I've always been afraid to post here before but thought with my query it'd be the best place to go.

There is a deal on Groupon today for a less than half price robot vacuum cleaner. My addiction to these websites is scary, but anyway was wondering if anyone has one and are they worth it? It will cost me £150 - what do you think?
Shameless self promotion of my blog http://nuttygalwantstocomehome.blogspot.com/
BrideOfRecession
Supreme Wolly

Postby BrideOfRecession » Mon Nov 14, 2021 10:26 am

OK - completely off topic but I have to know where the "best thread on wol ever" thread has gone - can someone enlighten me?
Shameless self promotion of my blog http://nuttygalwantstocomehome.blogspot.com/
BrideOfRecession
Supreme Wolly

Postby LastRolo » Wed Nov 16, 2021 10:37 am

Ah girls - Chez LastRolo has gone to the dumps this last couple of weeks.
There's been something on every weekend and thats when I normally do my cleaning - I can't bring myself to do it when I get home from work because all I want to do then is calve on the sofa.
The floors are disgusting, walls & skirting boards.
There is INCHES of dust due to work being carried on in the house
There hasn't been a wash done in over a month :eek

I am hoping to get a little start on it tomorrow night as we've a party Saturday night.
LastRolo
Ultimate Wolly

Postby Twirl » Wed Nov 16, 2021 3:55 pm

Dont know about the vaccum cleaner BOR. We have a nilfisk one that was inherited and looks like something out of Doctor Who but it's great.

LastRolo, how unearth have you any clothes to wear? If i didnt do a wash in a month we would both be going around in towels with coats on over them :o0

Well last night i got a bit of energy but it was short lived, i clean the bathrooms upstairs and dusted around but never touched downstairs.
Twirl
Ultimate Wolly

Postby LastRolo » Wed Nov 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Twirl wrote:Dont know about the vaccum cleaner BOR. We have a nilfisk one that was inherited and looks like something out of Doctor Who but it's great.

LastRolo, how unearth have you any clothes to wear? If i didnt do a wash in a month we would both be going around in towels with coats on over them :o0

Well last night i got a bit of energy but it was short lived, i clean the bathrooms upstairs and dusted around but never touched downstairs.

I don't!! I bought socks and knickers in Tesco last weekend as I'd run out. I'm deeply ashamed!!
LastRolo
Ultimate Wolly

Postby Kickasswife » Fri Nov 18, 2021 5:40 pm

eek
Last edited by Kickasswife on Tue Nov 29, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kickasswife
Supreme Wolly

Postby chick2012 » Sat Nov 19, 2021 4:58 pm

i must be a freak because if i clean it has to be the whole house!So lastnight i did the floors, bathroom,dusting, a lottle bit of painting and the washing. I bought myslf a new yankee tartlet to smellify the place and new mats for the bedroom,there cream and are really fluffy :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
chick2012
Mini Wolly

Postby LastRolo » Sun Nov 20, 2021 11:23 pm

I've done 8 loads of washing over the weekend - I only stopped (yes, there are more clothes!!) because I ran out of drying space! Also hoovered and cleaned the kitchen. No work tomorrow so I'm gonna try and tackle the utility room and that bathroom & en-suite as they are bogging. Wanna get some decent shape and shine on the place because the tree (or should I say trees....bought another this weekend!) is going up in two weeks!!
LastRolo
Ultimate Wolly

Postby Twirl » Wed Nov 23, 2021 5:13 pm

Lastrolo just saw your comment about the tesco underwear :yelrotflmaosmilie: brilliant.
Hope your washing every night when you get home now ;o)
Twirl
Ultimate Wolly

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic